Bann

Ombudsman Case Archives
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Bann

Can I have a detailed invoice as to the specific warnings that led to my ban please thanks.
Last edited by jedi~tank on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Benn

Moderator: Empy
Date: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:06 pm
Warning: The following warning was issued to this user
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you:

viewtopic.php?f=68&p=2476194#p2476194

Section 5: Language
c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Additional:
» Should be in previous Board Warning as well
viewtopic.php?p=2476519#p2476519

Moderator: Haz
Date: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:35 am
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2482178#p2482178 .

"Let's get back on topic before I start issuing warnings :-""

d. Imitating a moderator or administrator.
The imitation of a moderator or administrator by creating an account or posting in such a manner that is intended to deceive the community into believing you are acting as an administrator or moderator is not permitted.

Consequence:
The offending account will be issued one warning point. If the account is used to perpetrate a serious fraud upon the community then more points will be awarded depending upon the seriousness of the fraud. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Date: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:41 am
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?p=2482391#p2482391
viewtopic.php?p=2482871#p2482871 .

Quote of Empys previous warning post in-thread:

"Here's how it's gonna go;

Any posts made with ANY sort of personal insult or abuse towards another player will be removed, and the user who made them will be given 1 Board Warning. On the second offense of this they will be placed in the No-GC usergroup which restricts them from posting here for a week.

Any off-topic posts will receive verbals/board warnings as usual but unlike before there will be no leeway in what is off-topic and what is not. Any posts not STRICTLY related to the INGAME war between OE and DDE will be removed and the proper punishment administered. This means, for example, all posts about Forum Multis, Ingame scripts, Ingame multis, Game updates, etc, will ALL be off-topic. So don't make posts about those things.

I'm going to unlock the thread now, and from here on out these are the rules. I also reserve the right to place people, such as trolls, in the No-GC usergroup for reasons not listed above."

Due to your failure to heed this warning, you have been given a board warning.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Thank you. I would like to dispute the warnimg where I posted the song we are family, as that post was in relation to DDE unity . There are later posts remaining there that are far more not related than the one I am protesting.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?p=2482391#p2482391

Any posts made with ANY sort of personal insult or abuse towards another player will be removed, and the user who made them will be given 1 Board Warning. On the second offense of this they will be placed in the No-GC usergroup which restricts them from posting here for a week.

Any off-topic posts will receive verbals/board warnings as usual but unlike before there will be no leeway in what is off-topic and what is not. Any posts not STRICTLY related to the INGAME war between OE and DDE will be removed and the proper punishment administered. This means, for example, all posts about Forum Multis, Ingame scripts, Ingame multis, Game updates, etc, will ALL be off-topic. So don't make posts about those things.

I'm going to unlock the thread now, and from here on out these are the rules. I also reserve the right to place people, such as trolls, in the No-GC usergroup for reasons not listed above."

Please not that this warning also covers the insult.

Also, the first 3 of your total of 4 active warnings apply to your ban:

[spoiler=These three apply to your ban]
Date: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:06 am
Warning: This is a warning regarding the following post made by you:

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Date: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:06 pm
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you:

c. Abuse / Racism

Consequence:

Additional:
» Should be in previous Board Warning as well
viewtopic.php?p=2476519#p2476519

Date: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:35 am
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2482178#p2482178 .

"Let's get back on topic before I start issuing warnings :-""

d. Imitating a moderator or administrator.
The imitation of a moderator or administrator by creating an account or posting in such a manner that is intended to deceive the community into believing you are acting as an administrator or moderator is not permitted.

Consequence:
The offending account will be issued one warning point. If the account is used to perpetrate a serious fraud upon the community then more points will be awarded depending upon the seriousness of the fraud. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fourth Warning]

[/spoiler]
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Re: Bann

I will not contest the warning for an insult, but the post itself was deemed off topic which I am contesting as compared to ones still existing in the thread. If those are removed with or without warning to the poster I will rescend my protest.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Alright, now that I have had a chance to look closer into this matter...

Haz, I see nothing within the "we are family lyrics" post which could be seen as an insult. Which only leads me to believe you warned JT for spam.

Empy's post stated:
Any off-topic posts will receive verbals/board warnings as usual
Well, the usual would be to issue a verbal to that particular person before issuing a board warning. I see none of that in JT's user notes; a verbal for spam nearly 1 month prior does not count against the user. It looks like you may have skipped a step here.

If I am missing something, please fill me in.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Psyko wrote:Alright, now that I have had a chance to look closer into this matter...

Haz, I see nothing within the "we are family lyrics" post which could be seen as an insult. Which only leads me to believe you warned JT for spam.

Empy's post stated:
Well, the usual would be to issue a verbal to that particular person before issuing a board warning. I see none of that in JT's user notes; a verbal for spam nearly 1 month prior does not count against the user. It looks like you may have skipped a step here.

The thread has been locked at least 3 times with many verbal warnings in the thread by Haz and EMP to stop insulting, posting off topic, talks about scripting and cheating in the GC and take it to the right section.

I know of at least 3 post by EMP and 1 posts by Haz giving out verbal warnings to all party members involved in the war thread.

Hope this helps. :-)
Last edited by Rudy Peña on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Psyko wrote:Alright, now that I have had a chance to look closer into this matter...

Empy's post stated:

His previous verbal warning was on August 20, exactly two weeks before my board warning.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
akbar
Forum Grunt
Alliance: DDE

Double Post By Rudy... in this topic??
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

i got warning for nothing i thing is haz abuse if that help jt ;)

Warning for spam, as everyone was warned posting off topic in the thread would not be tolerated anymore.

we can.t take for ever mods abuse :smt021
i don.t post anymore on this forum :razz:
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

You say you don't post on the forum, yet here you are.

Also, are you aiming to appeal my warning? If so I suggest you post a new topic, as this topic is to appeal JTs warning.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haz wrote:You say you don't post on the forum, yet here you are.
People are free to come and go as they please on this forum. Do not tell people to go away, or point out that they should be away because of things said in haste. [-X If they *have* to be away, they are usually banned.. :)

Additionally:
Gentlemen, do not spam this thread, thank you. (Yes, I am looking at you, Akbar and Robert. Try Rudy's approach in this particular case, digging up posts etcetera..) ;)
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:You say you don't post on the forum, yet here you are.
People are free to come and go as they please on this forum. Do not tell people to go away, or point out that they should be away because of things said in haste. [-X If they *have* to be away, they are usually banned.. :)

I wasn't telling him to go away. I think I've had him say twice in PM that he doesn't come to forums anymore. All I meant was he is saying he doesn't come to the forums, but constantly goes against it. If he were to stay, that's good. Just saying that he has often said it, yet makes a liar of himself.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I am contesting the warning which my post contains the song, it's related to DDE and friendly banter. That's all, I don't care who is biased or who isn't and I am basing my contest as compared to a multitude of other posts still there that are not even remotely related to the war. I suggest the war to end all wars thread be locked as that war is over, and we start a new thread with a different title. In a word throw out the trash and let's make some new. :-D

Return to “Case Archives”