dip ship unknown
Forum Irregular
Alliance: none
Race: troll face
ID: 48299
Alternate name(s): eh im me

spam not allowed in spam section?

Stickm@n wrote:Subject: To Joe:

dip ship unknown wrote:](*,) :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt025 :smt056 :---) [-(

This post is necro'ing and is considered spam. If you keep doing it you'll end up with a warning.

Code: Select all

4b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic, or derail the topic from the intended purpose as defined in the opening post. This may include multiple replies that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users.

Note:
Replying to the official post of a Moderator in a topic is spam. Discussing the action that the Moderator has taken belongs in the correct sections of the forum, or in private messages.

Consequence:
A polite note from a moderator will be personally issued requesting the user cut down the amount of irrelevant posts. Repeat offenders will be given one warning point.

just a verbal wanring... but realy?
Juliette wrote: Sab, sab, sabsabsab, sab sab sab sab sab! Sabbity sabbity sabbity sabbity sab sabsab sabsab.

Yes. To the tune of "Row, row, row your boat.."
qutotes and such
Jak of blAdeS wrote: Can we set an end date to this Vendetta? maybe monday when market turns reset?
Regards,
Jak
Albert Einstein wrote:I never said half the crap people say i did
donais wrote:yeah kill the evil empire :P
I guess this makes dip ship like a super hero
Jim wrote:Yes, I compared myself to MLK, and Pops to the founder of Protestantism.
Also, im tempted to name my child Martin Luther and force him to be some kind of visionary.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: spam not allowed in spam section?

Did you contact Stickm@n with your objections before posting here?
If not, please do.. and if you did (/ after you do), please include your conversation in your first post. :)

Either way; a verbal warning is just that, a verbal warning. I do not believe you should worry about that, but it cannot hurt to hear all sides of the story. ;)
dip ship unknown
Forum Irregular
Alliance: none
Race: troll face
ID: 48299
Alternate name(s): eh im me

i did contact, no responce though it hasnt been verry long

i see this the sign of a mod getting full of himself (wich should be nipped in the bud)
Juliette wrote: Sab, sab, sabsabsab, sab sab sab sab sab! Sabbity sabbity sabbity sabbity sab sabsab sabsab.

Yes. To the tune of "Row, row, row your boat.."
qutotes and such
Jak of blAdeS wrote: Can we set an end date to this Vendetta? maybe monday when market turns reset?
Regards,
Jak
Albert Einstein wrote:I never said half the crap people say i did
donais wrote:yeah kill the evil empire :P
I guess this makes dip ship like a super hero
Jim wrote:Yes, I compared myself to MLK, and Pops to the founder of Protestantism.
Also, im tempted to name my child Martin Luther and force him to be some kind of visionary.
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

in fairness if u cant spam in the spam section the mod is a noob

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

*cough*

Only misc mods and admins should be able to see this. Possibly also Jules. :-k
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Dovahkiin wrote:*cough*

Permissions fail, I'm none of the above and I can see that thread.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Okay, so both necromancing and smiley-posts are fine in the Temple. (Thanks Jack.)

The verbal warning, then, in my opinion was unnecessary. :) Since it is just a verbal, though, I doubt you will suffer from it, Dip Ship Unknown. :D Just keep an eye on that spam outside of the Temple/Lonely Mountain, the content of your posts is important there. But you are right, spam has a place in the Temple of Spam. ("this is Spam and this area is to fulfil all your spamming needs")
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Necromancy is a time-honored tradition in the place formerly known as the temple of spam.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Z E R O wrote:

Permissions fail, I'm none of the above and I can see that thread.

It's not exactly a secret section. In fact, it's SUPPOSED to be publicly available. I just couldn't remember if it was or not.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Those rules are in a private section so can't really be considered actual rules, since the users posting in the Spam Section can't see them to abide by them. Though if they were, clearly dip ship's post couldn't be considered against the rules.

Even though those rules are not visible there isn't any place in the Forum Guidelines that says necro'ing is not allowed, unless I'm not remembering correctly. So either way, his post broke no rules. In my opinion...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Empy wrote:

Those rules are in a private section so can't really be considered actual rules, since the users posting in the Spam Section can't see them to abide by them. Though if they were, clearly dip ship's post couldn't be considered against the rules.

Even though those rules are not visible there isn't any place in the Forum Guidelines that says necro'ing is not allowed, unless I'm not remembering correctly. So either way, his post broke no rules. In my opinion...

Yeah i agree, Sort of defeats the purpose, caring about rules ive never heard of or probably ever will. Ffs sort it out, warning for spam in a spam section? typical
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Empy wrote:Even though those rules are not visible there isn't any place in the Forum Guidelines that says necro'ing is not allowed, unless I'm not remembering correctly. So either way, his post broke no rules. In my opinion...
You remember correctly; necromancing could be seen under 'Spam' though.. if it were outside of the Spam section.

Juliette wrote:Okay, so both necromancing and smiley-posts are fine in the Temple. (Thanks Jack.)

The verbal warning, then, in my opinion was unnecessary. :) Since it is just a verbal, though, I doubt you will suffer from it, Dip Ship Unknown. :D Just keep an eye on that spam outside of the Temple/Lonely Mountain, the content of your posts is important there. But you are right, spam has a place in the Temple of Spam. ("this is Spam and this area is to fulfil all your spamming needs")
*closed* The Ombudsman has done what was possible given the nature of the case.

Dip Ship; PM me if you have more to say on the subject, we can discuss reopening this.

Return to “Case Archives”