warning

Ombudsman Case Archives
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

warning

i want to appeal my warning in the DDE FS thread. this is because it was banter and even if it wasnt the person "insulted" if it was insulting doesnt even play. are you telling me if I called george bush a lady of the night then id be warned even thought george bush doesnt play

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Re: warning

Banter doesn't include insulting someone's mother. Nor does it include calling a player an idiot.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

CC remember when someone said something about your father?? they meant it as a joke but you were offended by it.. same kinda thing here I think.

Come on would you like to see something posted about your mum in the same manner?

might be nice If a mod changed CC's posts, yes they are in the dump but are still readable/viewable :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

mathlord if u read that thread a few pages back worse things were said. his mother doesnt play the game it was a joke according to the rules that were stated i violated i didnt see posts about banter about someone who doesnt play being insulted

Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

no were does it say about members who dont play

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

CCexyDCapedCrusader wrote:mathlord if u read that thread a few pages back worse things were said. his mother doesnt play the game it was a joke according to the rules that were stated i violated i didnt see posts about banter about someone who doesnt play being insulted

Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

no were does it say about members who dont play

That's still insulting to a person to speak badly of their mom. You're grasping at straws acting like it doesn't matter Cuz his mom isn't ingame.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Are you seriously trying to protest that warning? You weren't courteous, you broke the rule that you listed. Lol.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
EbilCC
Forum Addict

were does it say i cant "insult" or have banter about people that dont play ingame. it doesnt. so point to me were it says that and i will go away if not the rule needs rewritten

Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

I won't recommend to overturn this warning. That said, I do agree that the galactic colosseum is out of control a good bit of the time, but just because one person failed to be warned for a justifiable reason doesn't mean I'll support overturning a warning for a justifiable reason.

I know getting warnings suck, just keep your head about you (I know you can, I've seen some really intelligent thought-out posts by you on these forums) and don't let these people bring you down.

On another note, thank you for discussing things more courteously in here...it is much appreciated.

Will lock this.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.

Return to “Case Archives”