Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

post dating warnings !

WTH ??

Haz wrote:Your sig violation was already changed by yourself, and the mod action should have included a verbal warning. This is notification of said verbal warning.

this is for something that i changed ages ago and received no warnign whatsoever !

so haz has decided to post date a verbal warning in the hopes of a quick ban , this is unacceptable ! :smt093
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: post dating warnings !

ok then

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Guild wrote:WTH ??

Haz wrote:Your sig violation was already changed by yourself, and the mod action should have included a verbal warning. This is notification of said verbal warning.

this is for something that i changed ages ago and received no warnign whatsoever !

so haz has decided to post date a verbal warning in the hopes of a quick ban , this is unacceptable ! :smt093
There is no 'hope for a quick ban', I can guarantee you that, Guild.
However, when it comes to the protocol regarding signature size excesses, the PM you get (asking you to change it) comes accompanied with a verbal warning. That was not done (not only in your case, in a few others as well). This is merely setting the record straight.

I highly doubt you will get a board warning for your signature any time soon since you changed it to fit the rule, and this verbal only affects things related to your sig. ;) You will be fine.

CCexyDCapedCrusader wrote:ok then
Pain is coming. :shock: *hides*
Guild
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:

However, when it comes to the protocol regarding signature size excesses, the PM you get (asking you to change it) comes accompanied with a verbal warning. That was not done (not only in your case, in a few others as well). This is merely setting the record straight.

I highly doubt you will get a board warning for your signature any time soon since you changed it to fit the rule, and this verbal only affects things related to your sig. ;) You will be fine.

from the way in interpretted andys pms to me he specifically said , he was not talking as a mod , so there should have been no warning anyway, so suck it

im sick of haz's **Filtered** , he got a bit of power with the change up and is now goign crazy , besides bias as the alliance he is in is going to be randomly massed by me along with his account
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

A verbal warning. It is doubtful that a sig violation will happen again and as such, this verbal warning should have no effect on any other potential rule violations, where a mod may need to decide an action to take. I merely included the verbal warning as it was supposed to happen when you initially refused to remove the signature at the request of a mod.'

There is no intention of a quick ban, or of any ban in that matter.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Guild wrote:
Juliette wrote:

from the way in interpretted andys pms to me he specifically said , he was not talking as a mod , so there should have been no warning anyway, so suck it

im sick of haz's **Filtered** , he got a bit of power with the change up and is now goign crazy , besides bias as the alliance he is in is going to be randomly massed by me along with his account

Despite what Andy said, anyone notifying a user about their sig size is speaking like a Moderator (at least when they are, in fact, a Moderator). Contacting you about it is, by nature, a verbal warning and one should have been added to your user notes.

Verbal warnings have no bearing on whether or not you are banned. Verbals are not Warnings and therefore do not count against your warning count. Had you not changed your sig size, then you would have received a warning.

I believe Haz was just trying to make it clear to you that you received a verbal warning in your user notes.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Guild
Forum Addict

so what im taking from this is that , andy is even more incompetant than i first thought , why not try teaching your mids before installing them onto the forum
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Guild wrote:so what im taking from this is that , andy is even more incompetant than i first thought , why not try teaching your mids before installing them onto the forum

Incompetent or not, Andy will be talked to, and will be kept an eye on by his Section Admins and myself, to ensure this does not happen again.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Guild wrote:from the way in interpretted andys pms to me he specifically said , he was not talking as a mod , so there should have been no warning anyway, so suck it
Andy was asking you to abide by the rules as part of the procedure related to signature violations. He can say he is not talking as a moderator, but a mod is a mod is a mod, and talking about rule things is a mod thing when you are blue (or white-ish yellow or whatever the hell my colour is). :) This could be cleared up more for future reference, admittedly.

As for incompetence, I disagree. A new moderator is bound to make a few mistakes, and we - Section Admins - are here to fix that and teach the moderators (where appropriate/necessary), in private (Mod forum). We are not here to publicly reprimand Andy for whatever reason. :) You understand that, and I hope you agree with us taking care of personnel issues internally. We take your feedback seriously.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Doesn't matter either way as you fixed the problem. If someone decides to give you a warning for something similar prior to another verbal warning, then there will be a problem.

Retroactively delivering verbal warnings to "set the record straight" is silly though and I can see how that can just be seen as mod targeting of a player.

To the section admins who will be taking over this position...good luck...
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.

Return to “Case Archives”