Warning for 'bumping' or helping a topic out?

Ombudsman Case Archives
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Warning for 'bumping' or helping a topic out?

Rudy Pena wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Hello there, I just wanted to talk to you about how much you have been spamming recently, maybe you could tone it down a bit? I know its fun but it confuses some community members and tends to clog up the forum. Hopefully you take on board what I said and it has been noted down that we have discussed this issue for future reference.

Subject: Buying Naq @ $0.05 / t

~Wolverine~ wrote:LOL derp

This is a board warning, you also had a verbal warning on 3 Dec 2012. Do not spam again in the market section.

Merley helping a pal out, by bumping his topic?
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: Warning for 'bumping' or helping a topic out?

~Wolverine~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Hello there, I just wanted to talk to you about how much you have been spamming recently, maybe you could tone it down a bit? I know its fun but it confuses some community members and tends to clog up the forum. Hopefully you take on board what I said and it has been noted down that we have discussed this issue for future reference.

This is a board warning, you also had a verbal warning on 3 Dec 2012. Do not spam again in the market section.

Bumping it merely 1 minute after the thread is made???
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:

yeah so? Nothing ive done wrong that is insulting nor annoying anyone.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

~Wolverine~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:

What you did was spam.

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=84627 Please see the end of the number 1.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:

What you did was spam.

its a market section, it could do with some lightening up :)

I also dont think its a warnable affence, only a verbal warning. Bit harsh?
Last edited by ~wolverine~ on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

~Wolverine~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:

What you did was spam.

If you feel that way, please take it up with the forum staff. Do not take it upon yourself, as you will get a board or verbal warning. And in this case, you got a board warning.
Spoiler
Spoiler
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:

What you did was spam.

If you feel that way, please take it up with the forum staff. Do not take it upon yourself, as you will get a board or verbal warning. And in this case, you got a board warning.

Still harsh though? I simple reminder would of been surfice
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

While we all enjoy some lightening up of the forum, rules are rules. That said, spam rules also state that you must receive at least one verbal warning in between real warnings for spam, which you had not received.

Please refrain from posting spam in the market area. A bump is nice when it's been awhile :P

My position has kinda been terminated, but I'll pm the section admin for Market with this thread and my opinion and see what happens.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Mathlord wrote:While we all enjoy some lightening up of the forum, rules are rules. That said, spam rules also state that you must receive at least one verbal warning in between real warnings for spam, which you had not received.

Please refrain from posting spam in the market area. A bump is nice when it's been awhile :P

My position has kinda been terminated, but I'll pm the section admin for Market with this thread and my opinion and see what happens.

If you can take a look at the user notes of him. He got a verbal on 3 Dec 2012 for spamming.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Ah yeah my bad...it's two verbal warnings prior to a board warning anyway so it still should have been a verbal :P
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
EbilCC
Forum Addict

now people try to tell me there isnt bias in the mods generally and il just point and laugh to this thread

THANKS RUDY YOU MADE MY DAY AND POINT

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

CCexyDCapedCrusader wrote:now people try to tell me there isnt bias in the mods generally and il just point and laugh to this thread

THANKS RUDY YOU MADE MY DAY AND POINT

just a mistake mate
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Okay I don't want any of that in this section...closing this thread before it gets all antsy.

Save the bias talk, legitimate or not, to that other thread where the ranting is going on.
Spoiler

---
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

In my honest opinion, that is spam. I don't know if it's worth the warning. But, "LOL derp" isn't really even a bump. It's meaningless posting.

Return to “Case Archives”