personal banning removed

Ombudsman Case Archives
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: personal banning removed

Haz wrote:It is very well specified within the rules that the minimum voluntary ban is two months, and that there is no exception to it.

Why? Some noob wrote the rule years ago and it's never been amended since? Lets not play this game Haz. Use your noodle.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:
Haz wrote:It is very well specified within the rules that the minimum voluntary ban is two months, and that there is no exception to it.

Why? Some noob wrote the rule years ago and it's never been amended since? Lets not play this game Haz. Use your noodle.

Regardless of who wrote it, how long ago, it is in the rules, and unless/until they are changed, we must abide by them. CCexyDCapedCrusader was well aware of the two month minimum voluntary ban.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Useless 'feature'. It should not exist, in my opinion. I mean, seriously? The whole idea of a voluntary ban is completely ludicrous.

The way it does exist, warts and all, is clear.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Why the minimum time? If you need to cool off for a week or two, you can simply choose not to login or visit the forums. That isn't so hard, is it? In case it is, a voluntary ban will only do you good because you seem to be addicted to these forums.

Also like xDaku said - to prevent people from abusing this option.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

The rules are inadequate.

Do you want me to go make a "talk to the mods" post. Is that really the line we are going to have to attest to now?

Haz. Use the common sense. C'mon. Stop flirting buddy. You have the power.

Juliette wrote:Useless 'feature'. It should not exist, in my opinion. I mean, seriously? The whole idea of a voluntary ban is completely ludicrous.

The way it does exist, warts and all, is clear.

I concur. We know this. Doesn't make it any less stupid.

Neimenljivi wrote:Why the minimum time? If you need to cool off for a week or two, you can simply choose not to login or visit the forums. That isn't so hard, is it? In case it is, a voluntary ban will only do you good because you seem to be addicted to these forums.

Also like xDaku said - to prevent people from abusing this option.

~N

Don't be patronising old friend. You genuinely think this is smart? The rules are clear. Yes. They are outdated and stupid. Yes. How can you abuse something which is voluntary?

This is a ban, which you impact on yourself to give yourself time to cool down and contemplate whether you genuninely need to be playing it. CC has obviously made that decision a lot fast than the minimum time. What is the issue with unbanning his account?

It is self inflicted. Change the rules. Act upon this with common sense. Please do not give the trolls more ammunition over something so stupid.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Field Marshall wrote:Sorry. I detest CC as he's a fool and a too

Personal insults are against the rules. I don't want to sere anymore in this thread.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

So...CC was senseless enough to ask to be banned because he a) has no self-control or b) has no self-control. The admins explain to him, quite plainly, that the minimum time is 2 months. He accepts because a) he has no self-control or b) he has no self-control.

....and it's the mod's fault that he made a senseless decision?

The 2 months is there just for this, actually. To stop people without the capability to make firm decisions from abusing the system as their own personal rehabilitation center.

Now if they decide to lift up the ban then that's their call but that would be one of the most useless exemptions to a rule that I've seen in my time here.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

FM - So why the need to impose a voluntary ban then after all? If someone knows that s/he might not want the minimum 2 months banned time, why not simply leave the forums until s/he clears his/her mind and feels fit to visit the forums again?

As you said, how can you abuse something which is voluntary? It was a voluntary decision made, with full consequences known by CC and with CC being given additional chances to change his/her mind. How can we abuse it by following through CC's decision?

Furthermore CC also hinted that the only reason s/he wanted back is to defend him-/herself against insults made by others - this usually means insulting back. I do not condone insults made by others against him/her, but I also do not condone to make a rule exception to help-aid insults being thrown back and forth.

CC - I just want to make clear that my uses of both genders in this post and any further post are a consequence of me not knowing of which gender are you, and thus until I know I will use both genders. If you have a problem with this - you are welcome to tell me whether you are a male or female and I will address you as such.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Him/he/his is gender neutral (except when the gender is known) and acceptable usage for an individual of unknown gender. However some people still get their panties in a wad over it. So if you wish to avoid offending the illiterate among us, they/them/their is also an appropriate gender neutral term for an individual of unknown gender.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Dovahkiin wrote:No. Why? Because your reasoning is insufficient. You want to come back just so you can fight with another user? Lol no.

ok enough of your nonsense. I wanted banned so the people using me as a excuse to start agruments as well as other issues in war threads to make it a nonsense thread would stop. HOWEVER people kept on abusing me and youse did nothing. aside from the fact that its obvious the user was making jokes about my sexuality is plain to see is mind boggling.

I didnt want unbanned to agrue i wanted to defend myself due to it being reported and IGNORED by admins and mods here for over 24 hours and i couldnt report it myself.

If I can insult peoples moms apparently and get warned then others should be warned.

and about your msgs about being given options yes i was i wasnt told it was minumum 2 months i said 6 months then i was said are you sure i said ok then make it shorter to 2 months

if people are thinking because I am banned i would not be told of people being abusive to me and yous didnt have to mod it well tough. I saw it. It was offensive. Other people saying about not knowing if Im male in not in this thread is not an issue.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

Neimenljivi wrote:
Furthermore CC also hinted that the only reason s/he wanted back is to defend him-/herself against insults made by others - this usually means insulting back. I do not condone insults made by others against him/her, but I also do not condone to make a rule exception to help-aid insults being thrown back and forth.
~N

wrong I cant pm people/mods about abuse against me or report posts I was not aware of that i thought all i would be done was banned from posting in topics not just to posting here
EbilCC
Forum Addict

xDaku wrote:So...CC was senseless enough to ask to be banned because he a) has no self-control or b) has no self-control. The admins explain to him, quite plainly, that the minimum time is 2 months. He accepts because a) he has no self-control or b) he has no self-control.

....and it's the mod's fault that he made a senseless decision?

thanks for your ignorant contribution. I tried to leave and not be tempted when abused and to cut the crap in war threads and you are one of the reasons why with prove enough in your post
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Why is this rule in place?

Its actually fairly simple... A Ban is a punishment.
It is not "oh hey I have no self control so ban me for the lulz".

It is a PUNISHMENT.

Taking it just cause, severely lessens the PUNISHMENT.
You cannot go to jail, just cause.

The rule existed to maintain the PUNISHMENT's meaning. If you don't like it, don't opt to ban yourself and learn to have some self control like an adult.

You wanted to behave? Then do it. Stop **Filtered** about your ban and serve the rest of it out like you agreed to. Honor your commitment. Ignore anyone trolling you and let it the hell go. Otherwise, you have proven nothing aside from the fact you still cannot control yourself nor behave for your alliance's benefit.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

I would have replied but he summed it up quite well above me. :roll:
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Psyko
The Irresistible

It seems I must remind everyone that while input from other users is sometimes needed and accepted in threads within this section, a user requesting a ban removal is not one of those times.

Stay out of this thread from here on out and leave this to the Admins and CCexy.

Please and thank you.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Case Archives”