Mod pm

Ombudsman Case Archives
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Mod pm

I have requested some time ago since we cannot block mods from in forum pm that odin not pm me. I DONT WANT PM's FROM THIS PERSON so kindly order him/ her to stop or boot him off the staff. Thanks.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Mod pm

Jedi~Tank wrote:I have requested some time ago since we cannot block mods from in forum pm that odin not pm me. I DONT WANT PM's FROM THIS PERSON so kindly order him/ her to stop or boot him off the staff. Thanks.

Manage foes
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.

Regardless of the above, I will ask this: are the PMs within his position as a mod (a moderator instruction) or as a user? And are the PMs abusive in any way? Feel free to forward any PMs to me if you feel the need to.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:I have requested some time ago since we cannot block mods from in forum pm that odin not pm me. I DONT WANT PM's FROM THIS PERSON so kindly order him/ her to stop or boot him off the staff. Thanks.

Manage foes
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.

Regardless of the above, I will ask this: are the PMs within his position as a mod (a moderator instruction) or as a user? And are the PMs abusive in any way? Feel free to forward any PMs to me if you feel the need to.

They are as a user, what difference does that make? We can block users by choice, but not mods. I dont want pm's from the said user wether mod or not.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:

Manage foes

They are as a user, what difference does that make? We can block users by choice, but not mods. I dont want pm's from the said user wether mod or not.

Personal messages from foes are still permitted.

This means that no one is able to block PMs from a certain user.

And the difference that it makes is that if his PMs are as a mod, you would need to read them and do as instructed. If they are as a user, and are abusive, then further action would need to be taken.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:

Manage foes

And the difference that it makes is that if his PMs are as a mod, you would need to read them and do as instructed. If they are as a user, and are abusive, then further action would need to be

Ok, so why is ot able to happen then? Its stupid to have a foe option and still allow pm's to go through. WTH lol ](*,)

Deni
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

actualy you can block pms from foes. Its just forum staff you can't block..

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=options < use that to block messages from ppl on Foe List..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

fem fatale wrote:actualy you can block pms from foes. Its just forum staff you can't block..

Thank you.

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:

Manage foes

And the difference that it makes is that if his PMs are as a mod, you would need to read them and do as instructed. If they are as a user, and are abusive, then further action would need to be

Ok, so why is ot able to happen then? Its stupid to have a foe option and still allow pm's to go through. WTH lol ](*,)

Blame those who created the forum :P

Now, since you've said his PMs are as a user, are they abusive in any way?

fem fatale wrote:actualy you can block pms from foes. Its just forum staff you can't block..

Be aware that if you use this option, and miss a moderators instructions, and end up with a warning or a ban, it is the users responsibility.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haz wrote:

Be aware that if you use this option, and miss a moderators instructions, and end up with a warning or a ban, it is the users responsibility.
Haz, Cleverpants, that does not work on Mods (as Femme said).
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:

Haz, Cleverpants, that does not work on Mods (as Femme said).

Send me a PM :P
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

What difference does it make if they are abusive or not. EACH member of this forum has the CHOICE to block pm's from whomever they wish BY CHOICE. Regarless of any or no reasons

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:What difference does it make if they are abusive or not. EACH member of this forum has the CHOICE to block pm's from whomever they wish BY CHOICE. Regarless of any or no reasons

I'm not asking this based off a choice of blocking a user. I'm asking because you want to block a moderator, and if it is due to abuse, I wish to follow it up. You asked for us to order him to stop, or to boot him off the staff. I can't do either of those without reason :P

And as long as you know that blocking PMs from a moderator does not excuse you from a warning or a ban for the reason of not seeing the PM, you're fine :)
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I think you misunderstood me, He/she is not sending mod pm's that I wish blocked..he/ she is sending personal ones.

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:I think you misunderstood me, He/she is not sending mod pm's that I wish blocked..he/ she is sending personal ones.

I understand you perfectly, I just wanted to be clear that a user can not escape consequences of rule breaking due to not seeing the PM. I say this because I'm certain some users would try to use this as a reason.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:I think you misunderstood me, He/she is not sending mod pm's that I wish blocked..he/ she is sending personal ones.

I understand you perfectly, I just wanted to be clear that a user can not escape consequences of rule breaking due to not seeing the PM. I say this because I'm certain some users would try to use this as a reason.

Im not interested in blocking pms from a mod, from a user only. Is this really that god dam complicated?

Deni

Return to “Case Archives”