Ombudsman Case Archives
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Why is this..

Person on the forum mod staff?

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=195814&start=2940

And read prior posts by him/ her.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Why is this..

Jedi~Tank wrote:Person on the forum mod staff?

Any specific posts/reasons which makes you think they are not worthy of their mod position?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

[youtube][/youtube]
Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Person on the forum mod staff?

Any specific posts/reasons which makes you think they are not worthy of their mod position?

Stated, look at the body of posts this person has made.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

[spoiler]You must have a strong distaste for several members of yours, This includes Reathe whom has been posting alliance power stats for the last week or so. LuLz

I *wish* DoB would just broker me their naq, it would save me using the turns.

embarrassed Name removed by request of user., Just letting you know....it seems your auto correct isn't working.

Nope, What exactly do I have a strong distaste for Name removed by request of user.? Surely you can inform me because apparently you know oh so much lol.

"It is the colour of a bleached skull, his flesh; and the long hair which flows below his shoulders is milk-white. From the tapering, beautiful head stare two slanting eyes, crimson and moody, and from the loose sleeves of his yellow gown emerge two slender hands, also the colour of bone."

Elric the destroyer lol, was that a mid-life crisis Name removed by request of user.?
Also you might be over looking the 2nd bloodwar.

You wish for me to stop calling you Name removed by request of user.? I just want to get this correct, So instead of calling you charlie you wish for me to call you Elric the destroyer? or did you mean Jedi~Tank? or perhaps JT? so any of those apart from Name removed by request of user.? Can i refer to you as "The Unicorn" hey!!! that could be your wrestling name....Name removed by request of user.the Unicorn[/spoiler]

The most I see here is perhaps a warning (up to that sections moderators). Nothing worthy of booting a moderator off the staff. I've yet to see Odin abusing his position...
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Of course you dont. Why was the war thread locked?

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:Of course you dont. Why was the war thread locked?

Seemingly for personal insults. Which, if Odin is guilty of posting personal insults, it would warrant nothing more than a warning (unless it happened to be his 3rd warning since his last ban :P).

Provide evidence of him abusing his mod position, or give valid reasoning as to why he should be removed from the mod team, and it will be discussed.

Please feel free to PM me any evidence you have of the above.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

You take away the use of the forum from users who have 2 accounts for violations on 1 right? Why?

You allow XXX the mod to post as XXX the user, and if XXX the user propogates negative conduct it has nothing to do with XXX the mod...right?

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:You take away the use of the forum from users who have 2 accounts for violations on 1 right? Why?

I'm sure you know the reason for this. You get banned. You evade ban with a second account, second account gets banned. It's in the rules.

You allow XXX the mod to post as XXX the user, and if XXX the user propogates negative conduct it has nothing to do with XXX the mod...right?[/quote]

We aren't going to remove a moderator based off one mistake, unless it is extreme. If a moderator breaks a rule, they will be warned, just like a regular user would be warned. If a mod gains enough warnings to be banned, then their modship may be reconsidered. Unless you provide evidence of serious misconduct, we can't do much more than that.

TL;DR Provide evidence of misconduct, and things can move forward, and appropriate actions considered.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:You take away the use of the forum from users who have 2 accounts for violations on 1 right? Why?

I'm sure you know the reason for this. You get banned. You evade ban with a second account, second account gets banned. It's in the rules.

You allow XXX the mod to post as XXX the user, and if XXX the user propogates negative conduct it has nothing to do with XXX the mod...right?

We aren't going to remove a moderator based off one mistake, unless it is extreme. If a moderator breaks a rule, they will be warned, just like a regular user would be warned. If a mod gains enough warnings to be banned, then their modship may be reconsidered. Unless you provide evidence of serious misconduct, we can't do much more than that.

TL;DR Provide evidence of misconduct, and things can move forward, and appropriate actions considered.[/quote]

#1 You hinge on a users 2nd account as evading a bann by the 1st account. You have no evidence of that and yet you ban both anyway.

#2 you always say "provide evidence bla bla bla, yet the evidence is clearly posted in a body of threads.

#3 you want evidence provided. Rather submitted because you are too lazy to monitor your own staff.

I suggest you **Filtered** can the rules for users OR as an alternative, let USERS make the rules forthe staff, you are after all here for us (supposedly) not us for you. Remember that. You lot warn users and ban users for the smallest infractions but when one of your own CLEARLY crosses the line you bring out the **Filtered** red tape process. Put your **Filtered** away and run this **Filtered** the right way.

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:#1 You hinge on a users 2nd account as evading a bann by the 1st account. You have no evidence of that and yet you ban both anyway.

Use of the account by the same IP. References to the user within threads, and context of replies provide a bit of evidence. Previously banned for ban evasion for the same accounts as well. Not to mention you just admitted its a 2nd account.

Jedi~Tank wrote:#2 you always say "provide evidence bla bla bla, yet the evidence is clearly posted in a body of threads.

I see evidence of posts worthy of a warning. I don't see evidence of posts worthy of a moderator dismissal. That is the evidence I am asking for.

Jedi~Tank wrote:#3 you want evidence provided. Rather submitted because you are too lazy to monitor your own staff.

See response to #2

Jedi~Tank wrote:I suggest you **Filtered** can the rules for users OR as an alternative, let USERS make the rules forthe staff

Yeah, we all know how that would turn out... ](*,)

Jedi~Tank wrote:you are after all here for us (supposedly) not us for you. Remember that.

We are users who have also volunteered and been chosen to moderate the forums. We are not here for anyone, we are here to keep the forum maintained.

Jedi~Tank wrote:You lot warn users and ban users for the smallest infractions but when one of your own CLEARLY crosses the line you bring out the **Filtered** red tape process.

As said god-knows-how-many times, a moderator will be warned the same as any other user. They will be banned the same as any other user.

They will NOT be removed from the moderator team for one warning (unless the rule breach is severe).

They will only be removed after a severe breach of the rules, or because they have accrued too many warnings. With Odin, neither of these apply. So unless you provide me with evidence of either of these, he will not be dismissed from the mod team.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

[color=#606000[/color]
Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:#1 You hinge on a users 2nd account as evading a bann by the 1st account. You have no evidence of that and yet you ban both anyway.

Use of the account by the same IP. References to the user within threads, and context of replies provide a bit of evidence. Previously banned for ban evasion for the same accounts as well. Not to mention you just admitted its a 2nd account.

Jedi~Tank wrote:#2 you always say "provide evidence bla bla bla, yet the evidence is clearly posted in a body of threads.

I see evidence of posts worthy of a warning. I don't see evidence of posts worthy of a moderator dismissal. That is the evidence I am asking for.

Jedi~Tank wrote:#3 you want evidence provided. Rather submitted because you are too lazy to monitor your own staff.

See response to #2

Jedi~Tank wrote:I suggest you **Filtered** can the rules for users OR as an alternative, let USERS make the rules forthe staff

Yeah, we all know how that would turn out... ](*,)

Jedi~Tank wrote:you are after all here for us (supposedly) not us for you. Remember that.

We are users who have also volunteered and been chosen to moderate the forums. We are not here for anyone, we are here to keep the forum maintained.

Jedi~Tank wrote:You lot warn users and ban users for the smallest infractions but when one of your own CLEARLY crosses the line you bring out the **Filtered** red tape process.

As said god-knows-how-many times, a moderator will be warned the same as any other user. They will be banned the same as any other user.

They will NOT be removed from the moderator team for one warning (unless the rule breach is severe).

They will only be removed after a severe breach of the rules, or because they have accrued too many warnings. With Odin, neither of these apply. So unless you provide me with evidence of either of these, he will not be dismissed from the mod team.

#1 yea so what, multi forum accounts are permitted right? That wasnt the point big shot, The point was incredibly simple only you could have missed it completely.. :roll:

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:#1 yea so what, multi forum accounts are permitted right? That wasnt the point big shot, The point was incredibly simple only you could have missed it completely.. :roll:

b. Multiple accounts.
Members of the SGW forum community are allowed to have multiple forum accounts providing that no account violates any of the other rules relating to accounts. However if a user account is banned, any other accounts under the same ownership will receive the same ban. Warnings also carry over to other accounts; If you receive a warning on one account, it will count towards your other accounts as well.

It helps if the points are relevant...
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:#1 yea so what, multi forum accounts are permitted right? That wasnt the point big shot, The point was incredibly simple only you could have missed it completely.. :roll:

b. Multiple accounts.
Members of the SGW forum community are allowed to have multiple forum accounts providing that no account violates any of the other rules relating to accounts. However if a user account is banned, any other accounts under the same ownership will receive the same ban. Warnings also carry over to other accounts; If you receive a warning on one account, it will count towards your other accounts as well.

Actually that completely reinforces my point. You mods are permitted to act as 2 in 1 without repurcussion, but its a seperate standard for users. And yes Haz, you are here for the users, without users this forum has no reason to exist.

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:

b. Multiple accounts.

Actually that completely reinforces my point. You mods are permitted to act as 2 in 1 without repurcussion, but its a seperate standard for users. And yes Haz, you are here for the users, without users this forum has no reason to exist.

2 in 1? If a mod, while posting as a mod, breaks a rule, they are given the same consquences as a regular user. Same as while posting as a user.

Let's put this simple. If a mod uses a mod colour, posting as a mod. If they post in normal text, it is posting as a user. Either way, same standard still applies for mod and user. If I were to gain 3 warning points, I would be banned just the same as any other user.

The only difference is whether a mod is dismissed due to their warning count/severity. No separate standard.
We are here to maintain the forum, for the users. Don't mistake this as being here "for" the users. Or are we experiencing a failure of communication here? :P

Also, remember, while a moderator will mod this forum, this does not mean they lose the right to post as a user.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nonsense. A mod is a mod is a mod.
Moderators need to be held to a higher standard than the rest of the forum. Not have some blanket excuse to misbehave. ](*,)

Return to “Case Archives”