Ombudsman Case Archives
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Re: Why is this..

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:#1 yea so what, multi forum accounts are permitted right? That wasnt the point big shot, The point was incredibly simple only you could have missed it completely.. :roll:

b. Multiple accounts.
Members of the SGW forum community are allowed to have multiple forum accounts providing that no account violates any of the other rules relating to accounts. However if a user account is banned, any other accounts under the same ownership will receive the same ban. Warnings also carry over to other accounts; If you receive a warning on one account, it will count towards your other accounts as well.

It helps if the points are relevant...

Actually that completely reinforces my point. You mods are permitted to act as 2 in 1 without repurcussion, but its a seperate standard for users. And yes Haz, you are here for the users, without users this forum has no reason to exist.

2 in 1? If a mod, while posting as a mod, breaks a rule, they are given the same consquences as a regular user. Same as while posting as a user.

Let's put this simple. If a mod uses a mod colour, posting as a mod. If they post in normal text, it is posting as a user. Either way, same standard still applies for mod and user. If I were to gain 3 warning points, I would be banned just the same as any other user.

The only difference is whether a mod is dismissed due to their warning count/severity. No separate standard.
We are here to maintain the forum, for the users. Don't mistake this as being here "for" the users. Or are we experiencing a failure of communication here? :P

Also, remember, while a moderator will mod this forum, this does not mean they lose the right to post as a user.

I think the failure of communication is on your end without a doubt, you have taken a simple topic and twisted it into a red tape **Filtered** fest. You are here to maintain the forum FOR the use of the gw membership. And you have double standards for staff members of your choosing. That is clearly visible. IF USERS cannot post or use this forum in a 2 in 1 manner then neither should any staff member. And do not try to convince anyone that posting with or without mod color is a safegaurd against misconduct..that is completely idiotic.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:I think the failure of communication is on your end without a doubt, you have taken a simple topic and twisted it into a red tape **Filtered** fest.

There is no red tape. I am asking for valid evidence before taking action. Provide valid evidence of the need for Odins mod dismissal, and this can move forward.

Jedi~Tank wrote:You are here to maintain the forum FOR the use of the gw membership.

YES! Your posts implied otherwise. That we are here for the users, to do their will. "you are after all here for us (supposedly) not us for you. Remember that.".

Jedi~Tank wrote:And you have double standards for staff members of your choosing. That is clearly visible.

There are no double standards. I just don't want to take action against someone without evidence. I don't know how many times I've said this already, but once more: provide evidence, action will be taken. DONE!

Jedi~Tank wrote:IF USERS cannot post or use this forum in a 2 in 1 manner then neither should any staff member. And do not try to convince anyone that posting with or without mod color is a safegaurd against misconduct..that is completely idiotic.

OK this may be the source of confusion... what do you mean by "2 in 1 manner"? Posting as a mod and as a user? It's like me walking into my workplace as an employee for my shift, and walking into my workplace to buy a loaf of bread. I can do that. A regular customer cannot, as they are not an employee.

Also, I never said it was a safeguard, merely that it is a clarification between posting as a mod and as a user. It may not be completely perfect, but nothing ever is.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:Nonsense. A mod is a mod is a mod.
Moderators need to be held to a higher standard than the rest of the forum. Not have some blanket excuse to misbehave. ](*,)

When they are acting as a moderator yes. As a user, they should be treated as any other user. But you would honestly tell me that, if you were given one warning, you should be dismissed as an Admin, without looking into the reason for the warning?
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:I think the failure of communication is on your end without a doubt, you have taken a simple topic and twisted it into a red tape **Filtered** fest.

There is no red tape. I am asking for valid evidence before taking action. Provide valid evidence of the need for Odins mod dismissal, and this can move forward.

Jedi~Tank wrote:You are here to maintain the forum FOR the use of the gw membership.

YES! Your posts implied otherwise. That we are here for the users, to do their will. "you are after all here for us (supposedly) not us for you. Remember that.".

Jedi~Tank wrote:And you have double standards for staff members of your choosing. That is clearly visible.

There are no double standards. I just don't want to take action against someone without evidence. I don't know how many times I've said this already, but once more: provide evidence, action will be taken. DONE!

Jedi~Tank wrote:IF USERS cannot post or use this forum in a 2 in 1 manner then neither should any staff member. And do not try to convince anyone that posting with or without mod color is a safegaurd against misconduct..that is completely idiotic.

OK this may be the source of confusion... what do you mean by "2 in 1 manner"? Posting as a mod and as a user? It's like me walking into my workplace as an employee for my shift, and walking into my workplace to buy a loaf of bread. I can do that. A regular customer cannot, as they are not an employee.

Also, I never said it was a safeguard, merely that it is a clarification between posting as a mod and as a user. It may not be completely perfect, but nothing ever is.

Yea its obvious you are definately confused. BTW, what Juliette said.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haz wrote:
Moderators need to be held to a higher standard than the rest of the forum. Not have some blanket excuse to misbehave. ](*,)

When they are acting as a moderator yes. As a user, they should be treated as any other user. But you would honestly tell me that, if you were given one warning, you should be dismissed as an Admin, without looking into the reason for the warning?
No. There is no such thing as ACTING as a moderator. You ARE a moderator, or you are not. You cannot be one this minute, and NOT one the next.

You cannot separate the two.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:

No. There is no such thing as ACTING as a moderator. You ARE a moderator, or you are not. You cannot be one this minute, and NOT one the next.

A moderator. When they are posting in a war thread posting who they massed, are they acting as a mod? No.

When they are posting in a war thread in their mod colour, telling the users not to spam, are they posting as a user? No.

See, separate.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:

A moderator. When they are posting in a war thread posting who they massed, are they acting as a mod? No.

When they are posting in a war thread in their mod colour, telling the users not to spam, are they posting as a user? No.

See, separate.

If mods can be 2 in 1 then users should have the same.

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:

See, separate.

It's like me walking into my workplace as an employee for my shift, and walking into my workplace to buy a loaf of bread. I can do that. A regular customer cannot, as they are not an employee.

How could a regular user use this "2 in 1"?
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:

See, separate.

It's like me walking into my workplace as an employee for my shift, and walking into my workplace to buy a loaf of bread. I can do that. A regular customer cannot, as they are not an employee.

Users are permitted to have multiple forum accounts yet when you ban 1 for exceeding the warn level, you ban them all. Why? Because you assume the other or others will be used for evasion right? How can you execute that judgment without proof? You cannot. If that is the case then mods shouldnt be allowed to act as such.

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:

See, separate.

Users are permitted to have multiple forum accounts yet when you ban 1 for exceeding the warn level, you ban them all. Why? Because you assume the other or others will be used for evasion right? How can you execute that judgment without proof? You cannot. If that is the case then mods shouldnt be allowed to act as such.

We don't ban them all. We ban the ones that are used to evade the ban. I don't recall banning your other account until you used that account to post while Jedi~Tank was banned. No assumption is made.

And if a mod is banned, they are banned. They don't get to use a separate account to post/mod. They lose their access to the forums, just like any user who is banned. If they use a separate account while banned, that account is banned as well.

Likening "2 in 1 - posting as a mod vs posting as a user" with "2 in 1 - using two accounts" does not work.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haz wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:

See, separate.
So you are - at times - not a member of the staff, not a representative of the team? Interesting, and stupid.
See.. in my opinion, that is bull. You are a member of the staff and you WILL behave. Not doing so will be treated as a graver offence than a regular user doing the same. Why? Because as members of the staff we have a greater responsibility, a model role (don't laugh, it is a sad day because that is not the case now), and anyone lowering themselves to a behaviour that regular users would get warned for, should get a serious slap, more painful than the regular punishment.

There is no such thing as 'acting' as a moderator. You either are one, or you are not. And moderators are moderators, so they WILL behave better than the average user.
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god

juliette your a **Filtered** **Filtered** sticking your **Filtered** poncy nose into everything all bow before the great juliette :smt018 waste of **Filtered** space!
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

atok wrote:juliette your a **Filtered** **Filtered** sticking your **Filtered** poncy nose into everything all bow before the great juliette :smt018 waste of **Filtered** space!

take it ure not a fan :)

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Another classic example...

I just got this.

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=68&p=2535505#p2535505 .

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Mastering the art of creative forum fighting is not on my agenda, you can have that crown..its about all youve got. I wonder how many days you will stay, or how soon after you have another rl tragedy when your hero quits fs. Prepare yourselves now, because its coming soon. You 2 are boring your own squad ( no longer an alliance) woth your...5 year old style of jibberish.

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a verbal warning from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Deni
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

So when the mods ABUSE and get called out **Filtered** tons of red tape is thrown in our face, but when a user is simply reported a warning is issued with nothing more than this.

BTW I am still able to see sigs, and posts that are personal attacks on a player from those of the mod in questions alliance, yet the only thing being done is warnings for reported posts BY the mod in question..um yea good conduct there by your staff haz.

Odin needs to be banned because he violated these rules in enough posts to accumulate the warning level to banned status.

Deni

Return to “Case Archives”