Request to remove board warning.

Ombudsman Case Archives
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Request to remove board warning.

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Rabbid Thom wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2537665#p2537665 .

4 a.iii
5 c

Section 4: Spam
a. Topics.
Topics will be considered spam if they fit into one of three categories.
i) They appear in the wrong section of the board.
ii) The poster has made more topics than is reasonable for one user within the day. A moderator will judge this based upon the topics created and where they are created at.
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has reposted the topic.

Consequence:
Topics in the wrong section will generally be moved to the correct section with no consequence. Users who post too many topics or repost locked topics will be given one warning point.

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a verbal warning from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Rabbid Thom wrote:i do not see any purpose of that thread what so ever other than to troll another member

while both sides contiune to troll one another both sides will continue to receive verbals then warning points then ultimately bans

if you feel this is unjust then lobby it to psycho and Haz Via the ombudsman section.

Ok, where do I begin, let's go with a timeline of events that have led us to this.

When Robert was banned, I created a topic to ridicule Robert in regards to him saying he is leaving the forums, yet again. This was sequentially moved to the public dump.

So, I made another topic that was orientated to in-game content, namely a topic about Robert.

The reasoning for my warning is spam and abuse.

I believe that I have not infringed any of the rules stated above. Other than
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has re-posted the topic.
I would like to reiterate the fact that this is a completely different topic which is related to in-game discussions.
You don't think you infringed, but you willingly admit the purpose of the thread was to troll a user who is banned and thus unable to respond to your ridicule.

Sorry, could you direct me to the section where trolling is against the forum rules?

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:I also wish to complain about the lack of forward movement with this topic, you have obviously decided to issue a warning, however, you have done so 2 days later. Your indecision and lack of making a judgement behind closed doors is frankly a joke.
I apologize for not handling it for 2 days. As Section Head, I felt my mods were perfectly capable of handling it when one of them was next online, not to mention the fact that I had previously PMd you in regard to the first topic you created which Gregor modded and moved.
[/quote]

I am not talking about the first thread. Yes, I felt your comments were fully justified and was glad for the friendly warning. Thank you. I did not conceive it as an official warning however.

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:If this alone is not adequate reasons for the dismissal of this warning. I would like to direct you to other posts that could be construed as similar.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197836
Discussion of in-game alliances. No report made that you felt offended by the topic, so it was allowed to stand.

I am not, however, what is the difference between this and my thread?

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197812
Questioning the identity of an in-game account with other players.

Questioning a forum account with other players.

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197576
Returning to the forum and in-game. Applicable to the section, given the post was made by an active player.

Robert and I are active players...

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197369
A comment in regard to the number of War topics being created on forum, which were a direct result of in-game actions (declaring war on numerous alliances). A much better way to show appreciation of the Alliance's actions than spamming any of the created topics.

Again...Robert is an active member of ingame. This is my justification. I was talking about an ingame player, these are similar to my thread.

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:These were 4 that caught my eye, if you feel that I should be warned, then I believe that these also require your attention.
Believe what you like.

One rule for me, one rule for everybody else?

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Lastly, where was my warning?

Consequence:
Topics in the wrong section will generally be moved to the correct section with no consequence. Users who post too many topics or repost locked topics will be given one warning point.
Again, I personally explained what was wrong with your previous thread about R0B3RT via PM, going so far as to explain why further ridicule of him would remain to be out of line and not a path you wanted to take. At least, I had thought that was sufficient enough.

Now, I've been very busy and not able to hold anyone's hand during the recent dust-ups between users, so I'm only mildly sorry that I've not been checking each and every report that comes up in my section in the last week or so.

General Mods know how to do their jobs, generally. ;)

If that was your intention, you did it in a subtle way as not to intend it as an official warning.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Also, if you could remove the thread in general about the extortionate number of alliances I've been in. That would be great.

I am banned and cannot reply.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Also, could you kindly tell me my 3 current warnings and their dates of issue please?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Trolling involves lots of spam, which leads to lots of warnings, which leads to lots of bans, which leads to ..

Trolling is covered under both the Spam rules and the Abuse rule. You know this, so this thread (like most if not all of your recent posts) is just another attempt at trolling instead of trying to have an actual serious discussion in which valid arguments are made, heard and reciprocated.
You, sir, are wasting our time, and you are doing it in a manner that is too transparent even for us naive and trusting staff members to ignore.

:smt089

Field Marshall wrote:Also, if you could remove the thread in general about the extortionate number of alliances I've been in. That would be great.
Oh, you mean that actual discussion of in game events? There is no possible reason why it should be removed. You are not portrayed as a blackguard, nor is there a negative connotation to that thread overall.

Just my opinion.. I am no General mod, so Psyko's word will be final. ;) I am, however, involved in rule revision (hence this reply).

Someone will be along shortly to provide you with the small excerpt of your warning record you requested.
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

Someone make me a section head so I can ban you guys. That way I could happlily say yes, I am being bias. You all act like high-school girls. Just ban him and say you want to act like a child, then you will be treated as such. Time out! Make it a week and go on about our lives.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Field Marshall wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Rabbid Thom wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2537665#p2537665 .

4 a.iii
5 c

a. Topics.
ii) The poster has made more topics than is reasonable for one user within the day. A moderator will judge this based upon the topics created and where they are created at.
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has reposted the topic.

Consequence:

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a verbal warning from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Rabbid Thom wrote:i do not see any purpose of that thread what so ever other than to troll another member

while both sides contiune to troll one another both sides will continue to receive verbals then warning points then ultimately bans

if you feel this is unjust then lobby it to psycho and Haz Via the ombudsman section.

Ok, where do I begin, let's go with a timeline of events that have led us to this.

When Robert was banned, I created a topic to ridicule Robert in regards to him saying he is leaving the forums, yet again. This was sequentially moved to the public dump.

So, I made another topic that was orientated to in-game content, namely a topic about Robert.

iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has re-posted the topic.
I would like to reiterate the fact that this is a completely different topic which is related to in-game discussions.
You don't think you infringed, but you willingly admit the purpose of the thread was to troll a user who is banned and thus unable to respond to your ridicule.

Sorry, could you direct me to the section where trolling is against the forum rules?

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:I also wish to complain about the lack of forward movement with this topic, you have obviously decided to issue a warning, however, you have done so 2 days later. Your indecision and lack of making a judgement behind closed doors is frankly a joke.
I apologize for not handling it for 2 days. As Section Head, I felt my mods were perfectly capable of handling it when one of them was next online, not to mention the fact that I had previously PMd you in regard to the first topic you created which Gregor modded and moved.

I am not talking about the first thread. Yes, I felt your comments were fully justified and was glad for the friendly warning. Thank you. I did not conceive it as an official warning however.

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:If this alone is not adequate reasons for the dismissal of this warning. I would like to direct you to other posts that could be construed as similar.

Discussion of in-game alliances. No report made that you felt offended by the topic, so it was allowed to stand.

Psyko wrote:

Psyko wrote:
Returning to the forum and in-game. Applicable to the section, given the post was made by an active player.

Psyko wrote:
A comment in regard to the number of War topics being created on forum, which were a direct result of in-game actions (declaring war on numerous alliances). A much better way to show appreciation of the Alliance's actions than spamming any of the created topics.

Again...Robert is an active member of ingame. This is my justification. I was talking about an ingame player, these are similar to my thread.

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:These were 4 that caught my eye, if you feel that I should be warned, then I believe that these also require your attention.
Believe what you like.

Psyko wrote:

Consequence:
Again, I personally explained what was wrong with your previous thread about R0B3RT via PM, going so far as to explain why further ridicule of him would remain to be out of line and not a path you wanted to take. At least, I had thought that was sufficient enough.

Now, I've been very busy and not able to hold anyone's hand during the recent dust-ups between users, so I'm only mildly sorry that I've not been checking each and every report that comes up in my section in the last week or so.

If that was your intention, you did it in a subtle way as not to intend it as an official warning.[/quote]
The difference between those threads and your threads was that you were talking about an in-game player's forum account being banned, not the in-game player himself, or his in-game account. There was no mention of, "Do you think he's going to mass the mods in-game now?" or anything that related to in-game actions, other than the fact the the person you were talking about happens to play the game. The other threads at least reference an in-game account/alliance and their actions. Yours does not. Their threads are not necessarily intended to troll a specific user. Yours was.

My PM to you was not, nor was it intended to be, a warning. It was an explanation of why the action taken by Gregor to move the thread was valid. Trolling topics are not against the rules, but they do not belong in General. You created a second thread, very similar to the first, with the same intention as the first; a thread which had been locked by a Moderator (Gregor) for being nothing more than spam. Trolling is not against the rules, but continual abuse/ridicule of another player - particularly one whom you know cannot defend himself - does tread on the Abuse/Racism rule and warrants a warning.

Thom issued you 1 warning for 2 violations, as they both related to the same topic. I support his actions.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:Trolling involves lots of spam, which leads to lots of warnings, which leads to lots of bans, which leads to ..

Trolling is covered under both the Spam rules and the Abuse rule. You know this, so this thread (like most if not all of your recent posts) is just another attempt at trolling instead of trying to have an actual serious discussion in which valid arguments are made, heard and reciprocated.
You, sir, are wasting our time, and you are doing it in a manner that is too transparent even for us naive and trusting staff members to ignore.

:smt089

It is, I don't remember reading that. Wasn't it said recently that trolling is a part of the forums and we should just get on with it?

Can you please direct me to my attempts at trolling here? I fail to see them. I feel I have been unjustifiably warned. I still fail to see at any point where I have broken the rules.

Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Also, if you could remove the thread in general about the extortionate number of alliances I've been in. That would be great.
Oh, you mean that actual discussion of in game events? There is no possible reason why it should be removed. You are not portrayed as a blackguard, nor is there a negative connotation to that thread overall.

Just my opinion.. I am no General mod, so Psyko's word will be final. ;) I am, however, involved in rule revision (hence this reply).

Why? It is an attempt at "trolling" as you so adequately put it. Again, one rule for me and another for everybody else.

I don't feel like repeating myself so please read this. Robert is an in-game character. My thread was a discussion about him.

Juliette wrote:Someone will be along shortly to provide you with the small excerpt of your warning record you requested.

Cheers ears, big ears.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Field Marshall wrote:Also, could you kindly tell me my 3 current warnings and their dates of issue please?

Feb 12 - Section 5: Language b. Profanity
Feb 18 - Section 5: Language c. Abuse / Racism
Mar 29 - Section 4: Spam a. Topics & Section 5: Language c. Abuse / Racism
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

4 a.iii
5 c

a. Topics.

Consequence:

c. Abuse / Racism

Consequence:

Psyko wrote:

Psyko wrote:

Psyko wrote:

Psyko wrote:

Psyko wrote:

Psyko wrote:
Believe what you like.

Psyko wrote:

Consequence:

If that was your intention, you did it in a subtle way as not to intend it as an official warning.

The difference between those threads and your threads was that you were talking about an in-game player's forum account being banned, not the in-game player himself, or his in-game account. There was no mention of, "Do you think he's going to mass the mods in-game now?" or anything that related to in-game actions, other than the fact the the person you were talking about happens to play the game. The other threads at least reference an in-game account/alliance and their actions. Yours does not. Their threads are not necessarily intended to troll a specific user. Yours was.

My PM to you was not, nor was it intended to be, a warning. It was an explanation of why the action taken by Gregor to move the thread was valid. Trolling topics are not against the rules, but they do not belong in General. You created a second thread, very similar to the first, with the same intention as the first; a thread which had been locked by a Moderator (Gregor) for being nothing more than spam. Trolling is not against the rules, but continual abuse/ridicule of another player - particularly one whom you know cannot defend himself - does tread on the Abuse/Racism rule and warrants a warning.

Thom issued you 1 warning for 2 violations, as they both related to the same topic. I support his actions.[/quote]

Robert is an in-game player, I was introducing a topic to discuss him. Your comments are invalid, what you believe to be truth and what is are 2 different things!

Ok, I apologize for the "abuse", I didn't realize anybody could construe this as that. It seems as if it has been.

I would like to apply for a consideration for the removal of the warning based on my ignorance, I should have been more sensitive towards a banned member.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

In regards to the original warning:

Message subject: Re: Board warning issued
Sent: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:10 am
To: Field Marshall
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, I've had a week from hell! Been insanely busy
Anyway, I'm going to talk this over with my people. I'll get back to you within two days.

I never had a reply.
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

jesus matt shut the **Filtered** up :P i only wanna see so many topics made by you a day, only so much i can handle rofl
Psyko
The Irresistible

Field Marshall wrote:Robert is an in-game player, I was introducing a topic to discuss him. Your comments are invalid, what you believe to be truth and what is are 2 different things!

Ok, I apologize for the "abuse", I didn't realize anybody could construe this as that. It seems as if it has been.

I would like to apply for a consideration for the removal of the warning based on my ignorance, I should have been more sensitive towards a banned member.

You introduced a topic to discuss his forum account.
Field Marshall wrote:Did you hear he was banned?

Fascinating.

If it were an in-game discussion thread, the banned account would be his in-game account, not his forum account. Just because he plays in-game does not provide you the basis to start a thread about his forum account in General. Not only that, but the tone of your post is derisive in nature.

Ignorance is not a valid reason for appeals, especially considering the fact that my PM to you stated the following:
he takes great offense at remarks about him while he is banned.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Psyko
The Irresistible

Field Marshall wrote:In regards to the original warning:

Message subject: Re: Board warning issued
Sent: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:10 am
To: Field Marshall
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, I've had a week from hell! Been insanely busy
Anyway, I'm going to talk this over with my people. I'll get back to you within two days.

I never had a reply.

This post in particular was discussed among the Admins; of course, it sparked a much bigger discussion.

The warning for you post
Feckin' peado scum nazi mother trucker whodunnit whatsit.
was not officially overturned.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Robert is an in-game player, I was introducing a topic to discuss him. Your comments are invalid, what you believe to be truth and what is are 2 different things!

The warning I received is for a completely different thread?

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Did you hear he was banned?

Fascinating.

If it were an in-game discussion thread, the banned account would be his in-game account, not his forum account. Just because he plays in-game does not provide you the basis to start a thread about his forum account in General. Not only that, but the tone of your post is derisive in nature.

Ignorance is not a valid reason for appeals, especially considering the fact that my PM to you stated the following:
he takes great offense at remarks about him while he is banned.

Ok, I'm still sorry, I'm not the smartest of people. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, yet you tell me there is. I'm not appealing, I don't agree with your synopsis but reading your replies, I don't believe that would make any difference as it feels you have already made an irrevocable decision. Regardless of anything I say or try to portray.

You read the rules one way and I read them another way.

I don't mean to offend anybody, perhaps I did, perhaps I didn't.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Field Marshall wrote:
Psyko wrote:

The warning I received is for a completely different thread?

I used the link provided on the official warning.

I've stated my opinion on it. Haz and the other Admins are more than welcome to state theirs; if majority want to overturn the warning, they have my approval.

I'm not going to be around much until Monday (and I'm at work right now, breaking rules just to deal with this), so they have my blessing to do what they like.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Case Archives”