Request to remove board warning.

Ombudsman Case Archives
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Request to remove board warning.

Rabbid Thom wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2537665#p2537665 .

4 a.iii
5 c

Section 4: Spam
a. Topics.
Topics will be considered spam if they fit into one of three categories.
i) They appear in the wrong section of the board.
ii) The poster has made more topics than is reasonable for one user within the day. A moderator will judge this based upon the topics created and where they are created at.
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has reposted the topic.

Consequence:
Topics in the wrong section will generally be moved to the correct section with no consequence. Users who post too many topics or repost locked topics will be given one warning point.

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a verbal warning from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Rabbid Thom wrote:i do not see any purpose of that thread what so ever other than to troll another member

while both sides contiune to troll one another both sides will continue to receive verbals then warning points then ultimately bans

if you feel this is unjust then lobby it to psycho and Haz Via the ombudsman section.

Ok, where do I begin, let's go with a timeline of events that have led us to this.

When Robert was banned, I created a topic to ridicule Robert in regards to him saying he is leaving the forums, yet again. This was sequentially moved to the public dump.

So, I made another topic that was orientated to in-game content, namely a topic about Robert.

The reasoning for my warning is spam and abuse.

I believe that I have not infringed any of the rules stated above. Other than
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has re-posted the topic.
I would like to reiterate the fact that this is a completely different topic which is related to in-game discussions.

I also wish to complain about the lack of forward movement with this topic, you have obviously decided to issue a warning, however, you have done so 2 days later. Your indecision and lack of making a judgement behind closed doors is frankly a joke.

If this alone is not adequate reasons for the dismissal of this warning. I would like to direct you to other posts that could be construed as similar.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197836

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197812

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197576

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197369

These were 4 that caught my eye, if you feel that I should be warned, then I believe that these also require your attention.

Lastly, where was my warning?

Consequence:
Topics in the wrong section will generally be moved to the correct section with no consequence. Users who post too many topics or repost locked topics will be given one warning point.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Re: Request to remove board warning.

noorbert warned you didnt he ?
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Guild wrote:noorbert warned you didnt he ?

Yes, in official capacity, no.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Guild
Forum Addict

meh you were told and made two topics , think you deserve this one tbh
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

Field Marshall wrote:I request that this warning is revoked on the basis of prejudice against me. I do not understand why this topic alone has been singled out for spam given the amount of similar topics.

on the basis of what prejudice ?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Rabbid Thom wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:I request that this warning is revoked on the basis of prejudice against me. I do not understand why this topic alone has been singled out for spam given the amount of similar topics.

The basis that only my thread received a warning as justified above.

I do not understand why this topic alone has been singled out for spam given the amount of similar topics.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Guild
Forum Addict

Field Marshall wrote:
Rabbid Thom wrote:

I do not understand why this topic alone has been singled out for spam given the amount of similar topics.

you made two threads with no point, or sensical reason for them
Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Guild wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Rabbid Thom wrote:

you made two threads with no point, or sensical reason for them

Please see my examples. It is a forum, fundamentally a place for discussion.

You come with a subject and you discuss.

Somebody please tell Guild to stop doing what you have "warned" me for.
Guild
Forum Addict

my topic is interest for all the forum and actually about ingame ;) has attracted a wide range of people, not just gather your FS possy to attack rob
Spoiler
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

guild stop doing what you warned for he who has been warned is warned

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Guild
Forum Addict

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:guild stop doing what you warned for he who has been warned is warned

:smt081
Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Forum Rules still apply. Additional rules for this section:
2) Any off-topic chat will be issued a warning. Take it to PMs.

Give Guild a warning please.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Field Marshall wrote:
Rabbid Thom wrote:

It is pretty simple. A moderator removed your thread, and you simply make a new thread linking to the old thread saying "okay, maybe you should also think about some in game things but I am basically continuing my old thread because I do not agree with what the moderator did".

No one is singling you out, mister Paranoid. What gives you that idea? The rules being applied to you? You should know by now.. you have had enough warnings over the past year alone to be permabanned. ;) If anything, you are the one doing the singling out. :-k
I make the observation that you target only a player who is banned and unable to reply? Why is that, I wonder. Either way, you now have time to think about your continued offences, and come back as the well-behaved forum member we know you can be.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Rabbid Thom wrote:

It is pretty simple. A moderator removed your thread, and you simply make a new thread linking to the old thread saying "okay, maybe you should also think about some in game things but I am basically continuing my old thread because I do not agree with what the moderator did".

No one is singling you out, mister Paranoid. What gives you that idea? The rules being applied to you? You should know by now.. you have had enough warnings over the past year alone to be permabanned. ;) If anything, you are the one doing the singling out. :-k
I make the observation that you target only a player who is banned and unable to reply? Why is that, I wonder. Either way, you now have time to think about your continued offences, and come back as the well-behaved forum member we know you can be.

Incorrect.

A moderator removed my thread for something which was not related to in-game.

I made a completely new topic.
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Field Marshall wrote:
Rabbid Thom wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2537665#p2537665 .

4 a.iii
5 c

Section 4: Spam
a. Topics.
Topics will be considered spam if they fit into one of three categories.
i) They appear in the wrong section of the board.
ii) The poster has made more topics than is reasonable for one user within the day. A moderator will judge this based upon the topics created and where they are created at.
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has reposted the topic.

Consequence:

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a verbal warning from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Rabbid Thom wrote:i do not see any purpose of that thread what so ever other than to troll another member

while both sides contiune to troll one another both sides will continue to receive verbals then warning points then ultimately bans

if you feel this is unjust then lobby it to psycho and Haz Via the ombudsman section.

Ok, where do I begin, let's go with a timeline of events that have led us to this.

When Robert was banned, I created a topic to ridicule Robert in regards to him saying he is leaving the forums, yet again. This was sequentially moved to the public dump.

So, I made another topic that was orientated to in-game content, namely a topic about Robert.

The reasoning for my warning is spam and abuse.

I believe that I have not infringed any of the rules stated above. Other than
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has re-posted the topic.
I would like to reiterate the fact that this is a completely different topic which is related to in-game discussions.
You don't think you infringed, but you willingly admit the purpose of the thread was to troll a user who is banned and thus unable to respond to your ridicule.

Field Marshall wrote:I also wish to complain about the lack of forward movement with this topic, you have obviously decided to issue a warning, however, you have done so 2 days later. Your indecision and lack of making a judgement behind closed doors is frankly a joke.
I apologize for not handling it for 2 days. As Section Head, I felt my mods were perfectly capable of handling it when one of them was next online, not to mention the fact that I had previously PMd you in regard to the first topic you created which Gregor modded and moved.

Field Marshall wrote:If this alone is not adequate reasons for the dismissal of this warning. I would like to direct you to other posts that could be construed as similar.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197836
Discussion of in-game alliances. No report made that you felt offended by the topic, so it was allowed to stand.

Field Marshall wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197812
Questioning the identity of an in-game account with other players.

Field Marshall wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197576
Returning to the forum and in-game. Applicable to the section, given the post was made by an active player.

Field Marshall wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197369
A comment in regard to the number of War topics being created on forum, which were a direct result of in-game actions (declaring war on numerous alliances). A much better way to show appreciation of the Alliance's actions than spamming any of the created topics.

Field Marshall wrote:These were 4 that caught my eye, if you feel that I should be warned, then I believe that these also require your attention.
Believe what you like.

Field Marshall wrote:Lastly, where was my warning?

Consequence:
Again, I personally explained what was wrong with your previous thread about R0B3RT via PM, going so far as to explain why further ridicule of him would remain to be out of line and not a path you wanted to take. At least, I had thought that was sufficient enough.

Now, I've been very busy and not able to hold anyone's hand during the recent dust-ups between users, so I'm only mildly sorry that I've not been checking each and every report that comes up in my section in the last week or so.

General Mods know how to do their jobs, generally. ;)
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Case Archives”