Illegal Mod behaviour?

Ombudsman Case Archives
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TF
ID: 1907332

Illegal Mod behaviour?

I always thought people in a war (that are mods) could not Mod in the section they were involved with.. I am curios about the verbal warning and the take down of my post by Stickman, and was sent the following PM..
Message subject: Re: Vanguards of Destruction v Omega Empire..THE SIEGE
Sent: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:05 am
To: Les Ennemis
Reply with quote Delete message
Subject: Vanguards of Destruction v Omega Empire..THE SIEGE

Les Ennemis wrote:
oh bobby im sure you meant for what you said to make since.. and i could of wrote back and said something funny, but the sad thing about the post above you made...is it... makes no damn since.. can someone please, enlighten me cause i really feel empty trolling bobby without actually understanding what he says..

Ok I guess I will respond with this =D>

Hi you are rob3rt from Galaxy gatewars you are mass me, I r Les of same galaxy I are don't give crap. Send pill to Bobby he are need to learn type english words... :smt019

lulz Dex I love you

Not respecting the English skills of others isn't tolerated here. Don't continue to make fun of it as his first language obviously isn't English. Warning may be given next time.
I sent him a Pm about it and also pointed it out on VoD VS OE/FSF thread, I got no answer and if it's a warning I get so be it have a mod who can actually access what is going on and does not have a BIAS oppinion..
philipbanks 2:41 PM

Man I can mass from right here in my shower and it feels nice

lesennemis 2:42 PM

stop using massing for non pure duties in the shower and yes i am quoting that
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Re: Illegal Mod behaviour?

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=4824

sorry Les but that is part of his group responsiblity.
ie he is a mod for GC
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Drahazar
Forum Elite
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Divine
ID: 1957053
Alternate name(s): Drahazar - Eternal FS Leader
Drahazar - Leader of "The Original Collective"

fem fatale wrote:memberlist.php?mode=group&g=4824

sorry Les but that is part of his group responsiblity.
ie he is a mod for GC
He is a GC mod, but I always thought mods were not allowed to mod topics they were involved in.
Spoiler
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict

yes I know that but he cant Mod his own forum that he is involved in... im pretty sure that is against the rules.

I dont get it I mean show me where it isnt against the rules and i will drop it

ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

I thought the only rule was they could no longer mod in sections that weren't their responsiblity..

GM's used to mod All GC before, but I'm not up on all the rule changes after the whole SS thing
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nah, there is some old precedent that would prohibit a General mod from modding something they are involved in. As in, General mod gets called out on a vendetta, cannot mod that vendetta thread. :)

Not sure what the current policy is though, you should ask Psyko. :D
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Im betting current policy is that les still did something he wasnt allowed too.
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Ah yes, for the hell of it.. nothing I said should be taken as agreeing with Les' comment that his warning is invalid. :) I merely answered Femme's question. :-D
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Code: Select all

If you feel that your modding may be bias for any reason, ask another mod to mod it, or if urgent, any of the Admins.

If you are involved in a thread (your alliance's war thread for example), you may not mod it.

If in doubt as to whether there may be potential for bias, ask an Admin.
That's a copy of the current rules regarding 'bias' moderating. Personally I think it's easy to be impartial while moderating a thread, the rules for posts are quite straight forward, so if rule x is broken then consequence x is enacted. The problem comes from 'perceived' bias, and that is what the current rules are in place to prevent.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

It was always the choice of the mod. Alot of the time it was just easier to allow others to mod it so silly threads like this don't pop and flood the forums with topics of bias.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

As far as im concerned a rule was broken, a mod followed procedure. This was rather clear. It may not have been a wise decision by a mod involved in the dispute, but the proper reprimand procedure was followed.

That being said it is a GAME people. ](*,)
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

should we look back through the records and see if Odin broke this rule then, and see if he should be punished...
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drahazar
Forum Elite
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Divine
ID: 1957053
Alternate name(s): Drahazar - Eternal FS Leader
Drahazar - Leader of "The Original Collective"

Odin is a market mod for starters, and Odin doesn't get involved in threads he's involved with, usually he messages another mod outside of the conflict.

Also Les was purely asking a question, I have no doubt that what he said was against forum rules as I have been warned for the same thing.
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Question's been answered.. are we done? :D

Edit: Closed. Thanks Les!
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict

Yeah thanks ;) lulz :roll:

I mean cause calling me a pill popper and making fun of me isnt bad or anything but say something about poor bobby and his typing and lulz at the outcome..

I love the double standards game...

Tetris if you got some sort of a problem with me call the vendetta, I can ask questions when/if I want to man. If there is no such problem then go to all the other pointless posts people make, and look at WHERE i primarily post. I usually don't bother in asking cause im not a little boy and being told to kill myself and be a pill popper just shows character of the opponent.. I really do get that ;)

This can be locked my point has been made to those of importance..

:smt091

Return to “Case Archives”