Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Odin takes war to the Forums as a mod

Haz wrote:
Guild wrote:no i didnt indicate i would mass him.... i said can a mod who isnt bias come to me
You don't get to choose who mods you/your posts. If you think a mods actions are bias, you can report them. But that doesn't mean you can disregard said mods message.
He did not disregard the message. He did his over-the-top thing in replying to Odin, but did change his signature as asked.
Haz wrote:And how are you to know if a mod is bias with signature based modding? That modding involves PMing the user(s). Naturally, you'd only see the PM sent to you. For all anyone knows, he could have sent a message regarding sigs to half of OE...
He did not ask for a 'mod who isn't biased when signature modding'. He asked for a 'mod who isn't biased'. Period.

Odin and Guild are in a conflict together, and while both respect each other outside of that conflict (presumably), there is a small potential conflict of interest. Then again, knowing a little of Guild, he is at war with almost all current staff, so a great many would fall into that category.. right? *grin*

There is no merit in debating the why and wherefore. Odin and Guild have a conflict, ergo there is perceived bias. Whether or not there is any actual bias is immaterial, and since we know Odin to generally keep a somewhat level head, I believe we can dismiss the question of 'actual bias' and move straight to 'perceived bias'.
Addressing perceived bias is a wholly different matter from addressing actual bias. Actual bias would result in a scolding of the moderator in question, followed - if persistent - by firing. Perceived bias however is a completely other thing. One can perceive persecution where there is simply a guiding hand (of course, guiding hands can becoming grabbing hands all too easily if untempered by 'management', i.e. section heads).

Either way, the issue is moot. Moderators serve a higher purpose - their affiliations to alliances in game are secondary (and if not, their presence on the staff warrants revision) - and are held to a higher standard. However, they will not ignore broken rules because the people breaking the rules are either friends or foes. If we were to restrict moderators to only moderating people they have a neutral disposition towards, there would be no potential team (despite the clamour of 'non-caring', all have opinions about all). :)

So, since Guild amended his signature and therefore acted diligently at the request of Odin, and since there is no clear 'actual bias from Odin towards Guild in signature requests', why are we debating this issue? :?

- Guild did as he was asked, under protest (fine, he is at liberty to protest, and should not be attacked for the simple fact of protesting).
- Odin did his job as requested.

Instead of going round and round for the sake of messing with people instead of actually doing something useful, it only makes sense to acknowledge that (also tl;dr):
  • there is perceived bias,
  • that there is no actual bias in this matter,
  • that Guild has the right to protest and
  • that Odin did his job properly as requested.
I believe that closes the case? :)
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Great job Juliez =D>

20 interwebz pointz for you!

5 consolation interwebz pointz for Guild!

10 interwebz pointz for Odie!
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Thank you Juliette :)
Indeed I actually have a decent level of respect for guild in and out of this game, All I requested was that the sig be changed and it was and as far as i was concerned that was the end of it.

Go Go Power Rangers!
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Haz wrote:
Guild wrote:no i didnt indicate i would mass him.... i said can a mod who isnt bias come to me
You don't get to choose who mods you/your posts. If you think a mods actions are bias, you can report them. But that doesn't mean you can disregard said mods message.

And how are you to know if a mod is bias with signature based modding? That modding involves PMing the user(s). Naturally, you'd only see the PM sent to you. For all anyone knows, he could have sent a message regarding sigs to half of OE...
This will solve the problem right here.

Ya'll too serious YO' :smt021
"I knew sumin was wrong when i lil pretty white girl ran into a black man's arms. DEAD GIVE-AWAY. We eat ribs wit dis dude, but we dint' hab a clue...." - Charles Ramsey on rescue

I hereby submit Juliette for Ramsey award 2013...... :smt025
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

Holy waste of time batman...

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Mikgamer wrote:Holy waste of time batman...
ikr
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

~Odin~ #39 wrote:
Guild wrote:you'll like what comes next ;)
Care to explain?
That's insinuation. Please do not waste my time when I see the conversation you are having with him.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Noobert wrote:
~Odin~ #39 wrote:
Guild wrote:you'll like what comes next ;)
Care to explain?
That's insinuation. Please do not waste my time when I see the conversation you are having with him.
](*,)

this thread came next !!! im already massing himn as we are in a WAR ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Did you seek him out specifically because of his actions? If so, it does not matter if you are in a war or not. You are taking his moderator actions to in-game and massing him for doing his job.

](*,)
Guild
Forum Addict

Noobert wrote:Did you seek him out specifically because of his actions? If so, it does not matter if you are in a war or not. You are taking his moderator actions to in-game and massing him for doing his job.

](*,)
been massing him for the past 7 months #-o lmao, im saying he came to warn me for MY INGAME ACTIONS

but does it not work that way :-k
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drahazar
Forum Elite
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Divine
ID: 1957053
Alternate name(s): Drahazar - Eternal FS Leader
Drahazar - Leader of "The Original Collective"

Guild wrote:
Noobert wrote:Did you seek him out specifically because of his actions? If so, it does not matter if you are in a war or not. You are taking his moderator actions to in-game and massing him for doing his job.

](*,)
been massing him for the past 7 months #-o lmao, im saying he came to warn me for MY INGAME ACTIONS

but does it not work that way :-k
Did he warn you for your in-game actions? I see no evidence of that here at all.
Spoiler
Guild
Forum Addict

before my warning how many others has he warned to reduce sig size,out of interst ?

drah dont spam here
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Quite a few actually... he's one of the most active in regards to sigs limits.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Guild
Forum Addict

Haz wrote:Quite a few actually... he's one of the most active in regards to sigs limits.
fair enough, care to disclose dates and people then ? excuse my skepticism of you mods ;)
Spoiler
Drahazar
Forum Elite
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Divine
ID: 1957053
Alternate name(s): Drahazar - Eternal FS Leader
Drahazar - Leader of "The Original Collective"

Guild wrote:drah dont spam here
Its not spam if it's on topic, you said

"im saying he came to warn me for MY INGAME ACTIONS"

I said

"Did he warn you for your in-game actions? I see no evidence of that here at all."

that's completely valid, in no way spam.

Also, the Mod team do not owe you information just because you want to know.
Spoiler

Return to “Case Archives”