Ombudsman Case Archives
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Warned unfairly.

i was warned for my sig from psycko

my sig in question was this one
Image has been removed - Haz
Psyko wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Posting personal information of another user is in violation of forum rules regarding abuse. This includes posting such material within your signature.

You have been warned. If you continue to harass other users and post further personal content, further action will be taken.

~Psyko
My warning is unfair....because we have no way to prove this is HUXLEY, i put a picture up of someone with Disgustingly good hair...for all we know this person could be me? or Kjarkur? hell it could even be ETL? there is no way to prove this is someone who uses this form. Unless HUXLEY wishes to post another picture to confirm this is him then sure il remove it

+ my warning is not in breach of anything, it protects the person who is in the pictures dignity. and privacy. this is accurate because you cannot clearly tell who it is. i have the exact same shirt just not as baggy and better hair.

+ if my picture is offensive by the term "sausage fest" there is nothing wrong with wishing to attend a bbq to have a sausagefest i have them frequently in the summer...i invite my friends round and we have a festival of sausages on the bbq....and given the nature of my pic posted and the type of picture you can clearly tell it correlates with summer time drinking and sausage fest with friends

so why am i being punished for having my sig as just some random picture...it is unfair. and i demand my warning to be removed.

thanks for reading :-D
Last edited by The Doctor on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image removed
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

Re: Warned unfairly.

LMAO
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

well imo thats a legitimate complaint and if u think about it at least couple seconds u will see that all his points are valid :)

So give me the petition and i am gonna sign it up :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

you should be banned for it .. since it was clearly state 10 times on forum ... that forum mods won't tolerate , that this picture appear on any further forum posts
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
reborn
Forum Elite

Warning was fair imo

Tbh I would have given him a 2 week ban aswell.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god

**Filtered** off are you serious their is no need for a warning for this,
Osiris™
Forum Expert
Alliance: None
Race: Osi
ID: 102803

This is so hilarious ! hahaha :smt043

Btw flux crawl back to your hole :smt019
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god

sig of the year i think!
harchester
Forum History

IFLuX wrote:you should be banned for it .. since it was clearly state 10 times on forum ... that forum mods won't tolerate , that this picture appear on any further forum posts
I did not post this on forum post, i posted this picture as my sig after searching on google...for funny Meme pictures. ;) - please do humour me and search on google. so for someone to wrongly accuse DDE of sending me this picture is absurd when it is accessible on google?

I have not been around on the forums for sometime....any mod will be able to check this out and confirm by my log in times since this picture was apparently brought to light? so i am and was unaware of any said picture being huxley or whatever.

So if anything my bored warning should be removed based on the fact THAT i was not around, and with the accessiblity of this pic on google. i didnt obtain it through an SGW source....a lucky accident if you will.

I am happy to recieve a private apology from psycko for accusing me of bullying. and would like my warning to be reduced in category from board warning to a verbal warning.
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Huxley
Forum Elder

You need to learn to distinguish the difference between a text based game and RL.

Code: Select all

You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves.
Reiterating the point above.

I am obviously far too good at what I do to provoke such a response from you all.
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
harchester
Forum History

Huxley wrote:You need to learn to distinguish the difference between a text based game and RL.

You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves.

I am obviously far too good at what I do to provoke such a response from you all.
but when people post pictures of humans in memes this is okay? what is any different? there is none....the only difference in that is that the people that are posted in the MeMe...dont play sgw

the problem with this specific MeMe is that you are claiming to be this person i am featuring in my sig.....which from what i can see a petty attempt to get me in trouble.... [-(
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

I don't think the pic is bullying, but if it was already stated that posting of the image is warnable, then the warning should stand.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

The image has been removed from your original post and from your sig, but has been noted in your usernotes for the other admins to review.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Huxley
Forum Elder

harchester wrote:
Huxley wrote:You need to learn to distinguish the difference between a text based game and RL.

but when people post pictures of humans in memes this is okay? what is any different? there is none....the only difference in that is that the people that are posted in the MeMe...dont play sgw

the problem with this specific MeMe is that you are claiming to be this person i am featuring in my sig.....which from what i can see a petty attempt to get me in trouble.... [-(
Grow up.
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
harchester
Forum History

Duderanch wrote:I don't think the pic is bullying, but if it was already stated that posting of the image is warnable, then the warning should stand.
it is not bullying...farm from it, however!!!!!! i was not present during the time of this picture surfaces so my warning should be reduced.

how are we to prove this pic is said person.
how are we to say this pic whome you cannot see the person in question really is him, as the glasses and moustache protects dignity.
-----

If this MeMe is not allowed to be back as i my sig i think all MeMes of human people should be banned on this forum for bullying.

Return to “Case Archives”