Board warning for a valid post in the correct thread

Ombudsman Case Archives
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Board warning for a valid post in the correct thread

So I've just been warned for posting something in a correct thread.
First off - I'd like to say there was a mistake in the procedure of warning me as the post I was warned for was not included in the PM. The post was moved to the dump. Luckily, I still have it saved due to reasons I will post below. Well I at least assume it was this one, since I obviously can't see the post that's in the dump and no post was provided in the PM.
Post in question wrote:Welcome Haz as a new game cop/admin. I said previously that I can't think of a better thing for Juliette to do - adding yet another perma-PPT'd account that's completely inactive (there are already at least 2 other such accounts) and adding yet another inactive account with game cop powers (already 1 such account). I really don't know a better thing she could do, her being so busy and "away" and all. Wait, something just struck me - what if she actually banned the cheaters instead of creating new inactive accounts with special powers? But nah, these accounts are way more important for the game than getting rid of the cheaters.
A week to go till the era ends and the cheaters Juliette was made aware of almost a month ago still aren't banned. Will the situation from the last era - when bug abusers were left unpunished - repeat itself again? Or will the new inactive game cop/admin do anything about it? Now that Juliette is here, apparently, seeing how could she add another game cop/admin and create this topic, I can only guess why the cheaters aren't being dealt with.. Well since this is apparently more important - why not create accounts with special powers for your "dog" and for your cheating spouse? Doesn't matter if they don't login or aren't active.. These accounts are important after all (apparently). Or maybe this is just something to keep us busy while the reports of people cheating are swept under the rug?

Anyway, I just wonder why my topics were being deleted - sorry, moved to the trash. Not that I broke any forum rules by posting what I posted.. Ahh well.. Seems like the forums are becoming more and more of a dictatorship - I wonder if that's got anything to do with Juliette being at the helm? - since valid topics that don't break the rules are removed with no reason at all.. Or will this post be removed as well?

~Jack
This was posted in the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=202358

Before that thread was posted, I have previously posted a similar thread. 3 times. Each time it was moved to the dump without any official reason given as to why it was moved there. The thread was opened with the following opening post:
Hmm, gee, I wonder who made the mistake of "accidentally" deleting this topic? You know, since topics aren't supposed to be deleted and since this is a valid topic, in the correct section and everything.

I just wanted to welcome Haz as a new game cop/admin. ID 2 is now AdminHaz with game cop powers and admin perma-PPT. I said previously that I can't think of a better thing for Juliette to do - adding yet another perma-PPT'd account that's completely inactive (there are already at least 2 other such accounts) and adding yet another inactive account with game cop powers (already 1 such account). I really don't know a better thing she could do, her being so busy and "away" and all. Wait, something just struck me - what if she actually banned the cheaters instead of creating new inactive accounts with special powers? But nah, these accounts are way more important for the game than getting rid of the cheaters.
A bit over a week to go till the era ends and the cheaters Juliette was made aware of almost a month ago still aren't banned. Will the situation from the last era - when bug abusers were left unpunished - repeat itself again? Or will the new inactive game cop do anything about it? Since Juliette is still apparently "away" (and she tries damn hard to make it look like she's away and not just, you know, incompetent - I am talking about "Last visited: - " in the Support account), I wonder how could she add another game cop.. Well since this is apparently more important - why not create accounts with special powers for your "dog" and for your cheating spouse? Doesn't matter if they don't login or aren't active.. These accounts are important after all (apparently).

Anyway, if you, Haz, deleted the topic (and again, I am sure it was by accident since the threads aren't supposed to be deleted), then no need to thank me for making the public aware of your great sacrifice for, you know, watching over Quantum (with you having had.. well.. no/very little experience here, I am sure it will make a huge difference, especially since you aren't active on Q). Don't be modest and allow people to thank you for allowing your name to be used in an account (I am sure cheaters will now go away, you being inactive doesn't matter at all) and making it look like Juliette is actually doing something (albeit not something that would actually do any good for Q).

~Jack
Due to the thread being removed, I saved up the content on my comp and also what I posted in thread opened by Support.

None of the posts broke any rules. I was warned for spamming. I assume it has to do with the post in Support's thread, since I hardly think a valid opening post is spam within the thread I start? I can't know for sure though. Even so, the thread by Support was to welcome Haz. Which I did right at the start of my post. Anything I posted further down was completely on topic as it had to do with Haz being added to the team.
I also do not recall being verbally warned for spam recently. So the board warning should have been a verbal warning at the very least.

Beside, as I said, I do not see how the post breaks forum rules. All I see is me posting the truth which certain people - namely Juliette - might not like. The removal of my threads and of my posts just shows one thing: SGW forums are being censored. If one posts something a certain someone might not like, the posts and threads get deleted/moved to the dump without any official reason why, they just get swept under the rug.

Or will this topic be moved far from public eyes as well as it shows the ugly truth of how someone desperately wants to cling to their power and will do anything, from enforcing a censorship, to sweeping things under the rug, just so that the majority of people don't find out the truth about their (in)competence? Or will I also get banned in addition to it for saying something valid in the correct section (yet again), as it just happens that a special someone might not like me posting this?

Well the only thing I am certain of is that I will save up this post in my comp as well. You know, just in case I see it gone yet again.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: Board warning for a valid post in the correct thread

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

*You really think you can talk down about new game admins and not get punished for it!!!!!

Please note that my views dont represent those of the game admins and forum admins.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Rudy Peña wrote::smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

*You really think you can talk down about new game admins and not get punished for it!!!!!

Please note that my views dont represent those of the game admins and forum admins.
I love your small print.

Actually what I think is that they should just make it official. You know, an official statement that everyone sees that SGW is being turned into a dictatorship where censorship will be strictly applied and everything that doesn't make the game staff look good will be deleted/removed. Since that's basically what's been happening, it just wasn't made official.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Then why haven't you been deleted ?
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

I agree it should!!!

I can make a thread and post it as an announcement
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Kjarkur - I know how to throw my weight around and I know what I'd do if I got deleted. Besides, it would just reinforce my point and only serve to further alert people to what's really been going on. That's why, I guess. Although it wouldn't be the first time Juliette got someone deleted she didn't like.

Rudy - you definitely wouldn't be lying in that announcement ;)

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

You need to lighten up. :-D
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Yeah. Once I finish the post production of 2 music videos and one short documentary, finish making 2 web sites, finish all the exams and seminar papers, get my amp repaired and once I get properly drunk again. Till then, I'd expect the game admins do their job and ban the cheaters and not sweep it all under the rug just because these cheaters are known to buy a couple USSs here and there.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Neimenljivi wrote:Kjarkur - I know how to throw my weight around and I know what I'd do if I got deleted. Besides, it would just reinforce my point and only serve to further alert people to what's really been going on. That's why, I guess. Although it wouldn't be the first time Juliette got someone deleted she didn't like.

~N
You being deleted, would do absolutely nothing.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Fury Of Icarus wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:Kjarkur - I know how to throw my weight around and I know what I'd do if I got deleted. Besides, it would just reinforce my point and only serve to further alert people to what's really been going on. That's why, I guess. Although it wouldn't be the first time Juliette got someone deleted she didn't like.

~N
I don't think anyone would notice 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

Guild wrote:
Fury Of Icarus wrote:

~N
I don't think anyone would notice 8-[
Hmmm yet having three members of the community shook everything in this game up. Hell is pretty much made the creator of this game pack his bags.

I agree that Niems post and my post should NOT have been split from the topic as they DID pertain to the context of the thread in question. I don't give a rats ass if you dislike what people have to say, but removing posts and trying to suggest that they are inconsistent with the topic or even spam, please, GTHO. All posts and the content in question were not only relatable to the topics, but contained important facts that SHOULD be seen and aired.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

If you disagree with a post of yours being modded, consider from your vast modding experience, what the best thing is a user could do.

Does it include pming the mod that removed it, asking for reclarification about why it had been moved ( after I already explained ) ?

If that failed to work, or for some reason, you missed this explanation.. does it include pming the section head / mod admin, regarding said deletion?

None of that happened. After your post was removed, you continued to post, and re-post, largely the same post, 3 times. Surely, after the first one was modded, you must have realised...

After the 3rd post, I gave you a warning for reposting / spamming. Seemingly, nothing else was getting to you.

As far as I'm aware, the Ombudsman section is for the resolution of problems that have failed to be worked out between users and staff. As you haven't even tried to contact me ( or any other staff that I'm aware of about the warning ) I can only presume you're just enjoying making a public outcry.

As if that wasn't enough, I see from the reports in the Q section, that you have returned to the topic in which you were asked not to spam ( and warned for spamming / replies ) and continued to spam.

Perhaps asking you publicly to quit it, will help, where a private ask, and a board warning did not.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

SS - nothing would be done automatically, correct.

Guild - ah so all that attention you tried to bring to my account or rather my planets has already vanished? I remember someone saying "we'll be there when you slip up". How long has it been since then? Were my planets ever not protected? Besides, as much as I hate to burst your bubble, I don't care much about main. In Q, however, things would have definitely changed.

Tetris - I saw you posted, but was heading out to see my GF. When I got back and wanted to read and reply, that post was deleted too, so I don't know what you posted. But I agree with everything you said here.

Caprilla - I got no explanation as to why it's been moved from you. The only thing I got that was sort of close to explanation was Sol's message that they don't want me to post the topic and alert the players to what's been going on. I have no idea which mod removed the topic (which in itself is a breach of moderator conduct). So no, I couldn't message that mod. I reckon it wasn't you the first 2 times, since you happened to message me only after I said that as far as I remember from my days as a section head, only Q mods could mod Q section. In your message you didn't include nor the post, nor the link to the thread in which I posted the post. You only included the link to the post already in the Dump so I couldn't see it. You didn't quote the post that was supposedly spam, which you also should have.

The way I see it is this - I post a VALID topic in the CORRECT section. Topic doesn't break any rules whatsoever. It gets moved to the dump without ANY explanation AT ALL. I post it again, worded a bit differently because I didn't save the first topic. It gets removed. I get a message from Sol:
Sol wrote:They're not deleted, but moved.

The introduction of the admin is awaiting a formal announcement, obviously, when they have the set of credentials they require and backend of it is completed it will come. I don't know why you threw a rage fit after a fairly major change happened/is happening with no announcement, couldn't wait or what?
The topic again gets deleted - sorry, moved.
So because of Juliette's incompetence, I was able to "spot" the new admin before any formal announcement was made and when I alerted the Q players to this, I am at fault? It's my fault because they messed up? Also with so many things being done under the radar to trick the players that the leadership hasn't been changing hands, who can expect a formal announcement to be made?

So after Sol's arrogant message explaining nothing but "you shouldn't have posted it as we were supposed to post it first - or not post it at all", of course I am going to post the topic again. Luckily I had it saved now, so I only needed to copy-paste.

The topic gets deleted and Juliette posts an official announcement. Of course I posted what I thought about the whole deal - the announcement was opened to posts and what I posted was fully on topic. I removed the part of me saying ID 2 is Haz now and all that simply because Juliette already told it. As far as I knew (judging by Sol's arrogant "explanation" of the reasons why my topics were removed - which I think are a complete BS), Juliette got her thing with making an official announcement and her leaving the announcement open to posts implied that she wants people to post their views. I posted mine. But mine is not the view she was hoping for, so of course it got deleted (sorry, moved).

So the only thing I realized after my posts were removed is that there is a censorship being applied to the forum where anyone's opinion is allowed, as long as it makes the staff look good and the staff agree with it. God knows how many other posts and topics were removed and swept under the rug only because people posted FACTS which the leaders do not like.

You are wrong about me not contacting any other staff. I was in contact with Sol. What I got from him is that "mods got tired of me not liking Juliette and posting stuff about her" - and I've never posted stuff about her that wasn't true. Whether you like it or not, the fake comma, her getting 3 members of community deleted, her being a power monger, her spouse having unauthorized admin access, her lying, someone's ingame stuff being changed to mock them (which only someone with an admin access could do) when Juliette gained access, her being messaged about things and her not giving a reply (some of these things included someone messaging her about a bug that happened while he was ascending from NG to main and caused him not to get his NG-ascended main account), etc. It is all true, whether you like it or not.
Sol also told me that what I posted broke the user-staff respect rule. Posting the ugly truth is breaking the respect rule apparently. You, on the other hand, warned me for spam. Will you make up your mind already?

I wasn't asked not to spam in ANY topic. If you actually followed the procedures (and that would also mean giving me a verbal warning first - if we go there) you would have explained which topic I was "spamming" (i.e. posting the truth that Juliette and her minions might not like) and you would have explained what part of the post exactly was spam.

You know what will help? Make an announcement that all of this public forum where everyone is entitled to their own opinions farce is just a farce and that in fact you will remove any post that the staff do not like as you ARE enforcing a censorship here. If you aren't prepared to admit to that, then either you man up and allow people to post the views that someone might not like because it tells the ugly truth about them, or sweep this under the rug as well - and while you're at it, you might as well just ban me. Since I won't allow you censoring whatever you don't like. This isn't Soviet Russia in Stalin's time.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Spoiler
Spoiler
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Neimenljivi wrote:
Guild - ah so all that attention you tried to bring to my account or rather my planets has already vanished? I remember someone saying "we'll be there when you slip up". How long has it been since then? Were my planets ever not protected? Besides, as much as I hate to burst your bubble, I don't care much about main. In Q, however, things would have definitely changed.
think that says it all within a week I'd completely forgot about you 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Case Archives”