Top 10 Greatest Films of all time...

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?

OK! What is your top 10?

Lord of The Rings - Return of the King
11%
Matrix (1999)
10%
Shawshank Redemption
8%
The Godfather (part I & II jointly)
9%
To Kill a Mocking Bird.
3%
Star Wars (1977)
9%
Gladiator
15%
Gone With the Wind
2%
Pulp Fiction
5%
The Dark Knight
8%
Apocalypse Now
3%
It's a Wonderful Life
2%
JAWS
5%
E.T.
3%
The Great Escape
8%

Total votes: 176
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: Top 10 Greatest Films of all time...

Out of this poll, it seems that Gladiator is the most commonly considered as one of "greatest movies of all time".
Coming second, LotR III.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Can people explain me why Pulp Fiction is "worshiped" -literally- that much and would deserve a place in the top movies of all times?? I mean compared to a movie such as...Scarface (original or remake), it's far from being as good as this, and yet it's usually rated much higher by critics and people than Scarface movies. I might replace also my example of Scarface by Bronx Tale which is also a classic of gangster movies...

Forgot to mention, I have already watched all I just mentioned including Pulp Fiction.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Legendary Apophis wrote:Can people explain me why Pulp Fiction is "worshiped" -literally- that much and would deserve a place in the top movies of all times?? I mean compared to a movie such as...Scarface (original or remake), it's far from being as good as this, and yet it's usually rated much higher by critics and people than Scarface movies. I might replace also my example of Scarface by Bronx Tale which is also a classic of gangster movies...

Forgot to mention, I have already watched all I just mentioned including Pulp Fiction.

Seriously, what makes it "better" (rating-wise) than the whole following:
Once upon a time in America
A Bronx Tale
Scarface original/remake
American Gangster
Goodfellas
The Untouchables

I'd like to hear why. Because I definitely cannot figure out why.
Spoiler

Spoiler
iron spiderman
Forum Newbie

I am going to take a shot at answering that. Now this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I think it is remembered fondly cause of the unusual way the story is told. I cannot remember another movie off hand that had a similar style. Secondly, it is possible because of when it came out (mid 90's) that influenced its love. There were some amazing performances in that movie from just about every one, and a surfer rock theme song. Greatness of a film is always subjective, memorable is not.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

iron spiderman wrote:I am going to take a shot at answering that. Now this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I think it is remembered fondly cause of the unusual way the story is told. I cannot remember another movie off hand that had a similar style. Secondly, it is possible because of when it came out (mid 90's) that influenced its love. There were some amazing performances in that movie from just about every one, and a surfer rock theme song. Greatness of a film is always subjective, memorable is not.

Point Break with Keanu Reeves?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Return to “Grand Cinema”