Old Movies

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Re: Old Movies

Zeratul wrote:One of our favorites is "who framed roger rabbit" (if that is old enough for ya)

Good choice, forgot about that one but now I going to have to get a copy for my niece & nephew ( really so I can watch it with them ) :D

lone dragon wrote:Soylent Green (1973)
Blade runner
Big Trouble in little China
Dirty Harry
Flash Gordon
From Dusk til dawn
Meaning of life
Mad Max
Robocop
and so many more

Loved most of these films,

Soylent Green - Id rate this alongside Omegaman and Logans run, great 70s sci fi with really clever stories, not much in the way of budget or special effects but the scripts and acting more than make up for it.

Blade runner - Work of genius, the whole atmosphere the soundtrack & sets create make it one of a kind but I always thought Rutger Hauer & Sean Young were the real stars, yet Harrison Ford was the one who went on the make other greats while Rutger got typecast and got nothing but cheap copies as androids. If you like Rutger, watch Salute of the Juggers, probably his best work after Bladerunner.

Big Trouble in little China - Great for kids, pure cheesyness like the Escape from.... films.

Dirty Harry - I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? Pure class 8)

Flash Gordon - Anything with Brian Blessed makes me smile, and the Queen soundtrack makes this film, I dare you to watch and not sing alone playing air guitar :lol: Also some great funny script, Dale Arden: Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth! :lol:

From Dusk til dawn - What needs to be said about this, everyone loves it, everything from the we got **Filtered** speech outside the the club, to the fights, and the great one liners like Seth: Do they look like psychos? Is that what they look like? They were vampires! Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a **Filtered** how crazy they are! :lol:

Meaning of life - A bit over-rated IMO, decent jokes but mostly good for it's un-politically correct which was controversial at the time but seems a bit tame now.

Mad Max - Great post apoc road movie, but I always preferred MadMax 2 with all the insane looking vehicles and home made weapons.

Robocop - Dead or alive, you're coming with me. :D Bixby Snyder: I'd buy that for a dollar! hell wouldnt we all, great stuff, have to download this, havent seen it in ages.

See what the youth of today have missed out on, compare these to 2010 film list in other thread and there is no competition :-D

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

MEZZANINE wrote:
Blade runner
Dirty Harry
Flash Gordon
From Dusk til dawn
Meaning of life
Mad Max
Robocop
and so many more

Soylent Green - Id rate this alongside Omegaman and Logans run, great 70s sci fi with really clever stories, not much in the way of budget or special effects but the scripts and acting more than make up for it.

Blade runner - Work of genius, the whole atmosphere the soundtrack & sets create make it one of a kind but I always thought Rutger Hauer & Sean Young were the real stars, yet Harrison Ford was the one who went on the make other greats while Rutger got typecast and got nothing but cheap copies as androids. If you like Rutger, watch Salute of the Juggers, probably his best work after Bladerunner.

Big Trouble in little China - Great for kids, pure cheesyness like the Escape from.... films.

Dirty Harry - I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? Pure class 8)

Flash Gordon - Anything with Brian Blessed makes me smile, and the Queen soundtrack makes this film, I dare you to watch and not sing alone playing air guitar :lol: Also some great funny script, Dale Arden: Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth! :lol:

From Dusk til dawn - What needs to be said about this, everyone loves it, everything from the we got **Filtered** speech outside the the club, to the fights, and the great one liners like Seth: Do they look like psychos? Is that what they look like? They were vampires! Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a **Filtered** how crazy they are! :lol:

Meaning of life - A bit over-rated IMO, decent jokes but mostly good for it's un-politically correct which was controversial at the time but seems a bit tame now.

Mad Max - Great post apoc road movie, but I always preferred MadMax 2 with all the insane looking vehicles and home made weapons.

Robocop - Dead or alive, you're coming with me. :D Bixby Snyder: I'd buy that for a dollar! hell wouldnt we all, great stuff, have to download this, havent seen it in ages.

See what the youth of today have missed out on, compare these to 2010 film list in other thread and there is no competition :-D

couldn't agree with you more than I do.
but I did want include the nightmare on elm streets
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

lone dragon wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:
Blade runner
Dirty Harry
Flash Gordon
From Dusk til dawn
Meaning of life
Mad Max
Robocop
and so many more

couldn't agree with you more than I do.
but I did want include the nightmare on elm streets

Agreed, agreed, agreed!

Films these days are crap!

...Big Trouble in Little China is one of my guilty pleasures. 8-[
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Wait wait. What about the old Westerns? Anyone love those? ;)
Psyko
The Irresistible

Noobert wrote:Wait wait. What about the old Westerns? Anyone love those? ;)

Anything with John Wayne or Clint Eastwood. I grew up watching those films...
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

Psyko wrote:

Anything with John Wayne or Clint Eastwood. I grew up watching those films...

Pale Rider was a classic
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator

Everyone should watch Casa Blanca at some point in their lives.
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

How about The Magnificent Seven? ;)
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Westerns - Got to be Fistful of Dollars

Bogart - I always preferred The African Queen

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

I love Any which way you can...it is not a Cowboy film but i loved the Orangutan in it when i was a kid...The first one was also great but i liked the second film better....best line in any movie is the "Right turn Clive"...smack :-D
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

lol watching Aristocats atm :)
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Psyko
The Irresistible

Noobert wrote:How about The Magnificent Seven? ;)

The ripoff western of Seven Samurai (which is also great)?

A bit slow going, but the final fight is worth it.

Thought of a new, old, one. Dune. The 1989 movie, not the SciFi MiniSeries (though, that one follows the books better).

Another favorite would be Paint Your Wagon. Clint Eastwood in a singing western where he shares a wife with another man. XD Awesome movie.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

Yh Paint Your Wagon is one of the few Clint movies I liked..
hmm sharing husbands, why didn't I think of that :-D
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Psyko
The Irresistible

ƒemme ƒatale wrote:Yh Paint Your Wagon is one of the few Clint movies I liked..

It's legal in parts of Canada... :-$
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

Psyko wrote:
ƒemme ƒatale wrote:Yh Paint Your Wagon is one of the few Clint movies I liked..

It's legal in parts of Canada... :-$

*emigrates* haha...
nahhh I'm a one man woman :)
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections

Return to “Grand Cinema”