Old Movies

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?

Moderator: Misc Mods

User avatar
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:39 am
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691
Location: CARDIFF

Re: Old Movies

Post by MEZZANINE » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:52 am

nightlight wrote:I love Any which way you can...it is not a Cowboy film but i loved the Orangutan in it when i was a kid...The first one was also great but i liked the second film better....best line in any movie is the "Right turn Clive"...smack :-D


Loved that, also the bit he says 'scrap the car' and Clive starts dismantling the car with the guy still in it, and the bad bikers when they lose their hair and have to wear wigs :lol:



Psyko wrote:Thought of a new, old, one. Dune. The 1989 movie, not the SciFi MiniSeries (though, that one follows the books better).


Great film, loved the knife fight with Sting, and I agree the mini-series was closer to the books and had better special effects, but the movie was pure class.

One thing though, look at the story, the great houses ( Western Nations ) and The Guild ( Oil Companies ) fighting over control of the Spice ( Oil ) in a desert where the less advanced natives use the terrain and Guerrilla warfare, and the two controlling religions also compete. Sound familiar ? :smt047
Image

Image

Image
SpoilerShow
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971

User avatar
Psyko
The Irresistible
Posts: 5636
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:09 pm
ID: 0
Location: USA

Re: Old Movies

Post by Psyko » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:34 am

MEZZANINE wrote:
nightlight wrote:I love Any which way you can...it is not a Cowboy film but i loved the Orangutan in it when i was a kid...The first one was also great but i liked the second film better....best line in any movie is the "Right turn Clive"...smack :-D


Loved that, also the bit he says 'scrap the car' and Clive starts dismantling the car with the guy still in it, and the bad bikers when they lose their hair and have to wear wigs :lol:



Psyko wrote:Thought of a new, old, one. Dune. The 1989 movie, not the SciFi MiniSeries (though, that one follows the books better).


Great film, loved the knife fight with Sting, and I agree the mini-series was closer to the books and had better special effects, but the movie was pure class.

One thing though, look at the story, the great houses ( Western Nations ) and The Guild ( Oil Companies ) fighting over control of the Spice ( Oil ) in a desert where the less advanced natives use the terrain and Guerrilla warfare, and the two controlling religions also compete. Sound familiar ? :smt047

The movie is great because Frank Herbert was on the set working with the director and crew to make the movie what it was. The deviations from the book were ones that he initiated, as he had changed how he would have written parts of the book (an author's work is never done).

Herbert was big on politics and ecology, and he used that in his books. The comparisons between the Spice and the Oil industry were always meant to be blatant.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Image
Image

User avatar
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Posts: 1582
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:36 am
Alliance: TF
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~
Location: Cumbria in England in Britain on earth
Contact:

Re: Old Movies

Post by dark lord tacoma » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 am

old movies :-s
cool runnins
" feel the rythem feel the ryme get on board it's bobsled time" :-D
Image
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all

User avatar
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Posts: 12750
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:39 pm
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572
Location: Canada, British Columbia

Re: Old Movies

Post by Noobert » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:36 am

Hell, if my father was home, I'd ask him of all those old westerns he used to make me watch. I can't remember the name of them for the life of me.

I do remember a absolutely hilarious Clint Eastwood movie though, it involved an Orangatang! It was hilarious. :lol: :lol:

Image
Image
Image
Image

nightlight
Forum Regular
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:08 am
Alliance: AP
ID: 0
Location: Runcorn

Re: Old Movies

Post by nightlight » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:30 pm

That movie is Any which way you can and the other one was called Any which way but loose....Both class films...Noobert :D
Image

User avatar
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Posts: 12750
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:39 pm
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572
Location: Canada, British Columbia

Re: Old Movies

Post by Noobert » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Yes! YES! I SHALL DOWNLOAD THEM FOR THE WIN! :P

Thanks. <3
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:39 am
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691
Location: CARDIFF

Re: Old Movies

Post by MEZZANINE » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:15 am

Got to throw some 80s classics into the mix

War Games

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

An American Werewolf In London

Back To The Future

Beetlejuice

The Breakfast Club

Brewster's Millions

Full Metal Jacket

The Goonies

Gremlins

Karate Kid

Platoon

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Short Circuit

Stand By Me

Top Gun

Tron

Wall Street

Weird Science

Young Guns
Image

Image

Image
SpoilerShow
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971

User avatar
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Posts: 15265
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:26 am
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim
Location: here, there, wherever you are

Re: Old Movies

Post by ƒëmmë ƒatalë » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:47 am

Indeed how can we forget the Indiana Jones Triology
Image
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections

User avatar
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Posts: 12750
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:39 pm
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572
Location: Canada, British Columbia

Re: Old Movies

Post by Noobert » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:42 am

WOAH WOAH WOAH BUDDY. WHY HAS NOBODY MENTIONED AIR FORCE ONE? WTH.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:39 am
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691
Location: CARDIFF

Re: Old Movies

Post by MEZZANINE » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Noobert wrote:WOAH WOAH WOAH BUDDY. WHY HAS NOBODY MENTIONED AIR FORCE ONE? WTH.


Are you serious, thats one of the worst films Harrison Ford ever made, c'mon mate I thought you had good taste, please tell me you were just joking :lol:
Image

Image

Image
SpoilerShow
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971

User avatar
JolietJake
Forum Addict
Posts: 3265
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:59 pm
Race: Soul Man
ID: 0

Re: Old Movies

Post by JolietJake » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Nooby, hand over your man card. NOW!
Image
Image

Don't sweat petty things and don't pet sweaty things.
temptress wrote:well I do call him jesus sometimes, but you don't want to know ;)
:lol:
well to be technical I usually say
"jesus, JJ get out of my clothes" :lol:

User avatar
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Posts: 12750
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:39 pm
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572
Location: Canada, British Columbia

Re: Old Movies

Post by Noobert » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 pm

JolietJake wrote:Nooby, hand over your man card. NOW!

Shut it!

Air Force One is a good movie, don't lie to me. I watched it as a kid, so maybe if it is truely bad, I wouldn't notice due to it being embedded into my brain as awesomeness. :shock:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:39 am
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691
Location: CARDIFF

Re: Old Movies

Post by MEZZANINE » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:15 am

Noobert wrote:
JolietJake wrote:Nooby, hand over your man card. NOW!

Shut it!

Air Force One is a good movie, don't lie to me. I watched it as a kid, so maybe if it is truely bad, I wouldn't notice due to it being embedded into my brain as awesomeness. :shock:


LOL rose tinted glasses mate, I know several of the films I loved as a kid are actually rubbish but at the time I thought they were great, and they stayed great in my memory until I re-watched them as an adult. I suggest you never re-watch Air Force One, the memory it clearly better than the movie :-D
Image

Image

Image
SpoilerShow
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971

User avatar
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Posts: 15265
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:26 am
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim
Location: here, there, wherever you are

Re: Old Movies

Post by ƒëmmë ƒatalë » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:23 am

MEZZANINE wrote:
Noobert wrote:
JolietJake wrote:Nooby, hand over your man card. NOW!

Shut it!

Air Force One is a good movie, don't lie to me. I watched it as a kid, so maybe if it is truely bad, I wouldn't notice due to it being embedded into my brain as awesomeness. :shock:


LOL rose tinted glasses mate, I know several of the films I loved as a kid are actually rubbish but at the time I thought they were great, and they stayed great in my memory until I re-watched them as an adult. I suggest you never re-watch Air Force One, the memory it clearly better than the movie :-D


shhh, don't shatter Noobies dreams...

The Great Escape is also a classic
Image
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections

User avatar
JolietJake
Forum Addict
Posts: 3265
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:59 pm
Race: Soul Man
ID: 0

Re: Old Movies

Post by JolietJake » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Tango & Cash

Blues Brothers

(Blues Brothers 2000 was alright, but nowhere near as epic as the first one)
Image
Image

Don't sweat petty things and don't pet sweaty things.
temptress wrote:well I do call him jesus sometimes, but you don't want to know ;)
:lol:
well to be technical I usually say
"jesus, JJ get out of my clothes" :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “Grand Cinema”