TDK Rises

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?

The Dark Knight Rises (people who saw it)...

I loved it!
88%
...was ok.
No votes
...disappointed me.
12%

Total votes: 17
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

TDK Rises

Apparently, today is the release day in few countries like Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8

Opinion of the Aussies?
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: TDK Rises

Well.. two days ago was the premiere here and in the USA, probably elsewhere too. ;)
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Disappointing. Not as good as the Dark Knight.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Juliette wrote:Well.. two days ago was the premiere here and in the USA, probably elsewhere too. ;)

I posted the thread three days ago I think and bumped it this morning. :P
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Juliette wrote:Well.. two days ago was the premiere here and in the USA, probably elsewhere too. ;)
I posted the thread three days ago I think and bumped it this morning. :P
Ah yes, that explains the post date being so odd. ;)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the lack of an annoying interpretation of the Joker should make it decent. Of course, we've neither seen it, nor seen any trailer or any such thing, so...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

Duderanch wrote:Disappointing. Not as good as the Dark Knight.

still ok but glad I wasnt in the US premiere.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Eärendil wrote:I enjoyed it more than enough, certain parts seemed to be rushed through though.
So true. Sudden changes in location, where certain 'trips' would have been just as interesting.. the lack of a link to upcoming Man of Steel was a bit of a disappointment, but what the hey, the story was great, execution delightful and the action was good. :-D
All in all, definitely worth the 'journey' to the cinema.
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

I'll watch it tonight.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Overall it was absolutely spectacular, worthy of the 5 stars it received from Total Film and Empire, however I agree with Earie's sentiments in a lot of cases, it did seem rushed at points and I believe it could have benefited with some extra time, hell, we'd have watched it! I also think the climax with Bane and Talia was underplayed a little too much (Bane could have had a better exit rather than a nerf, boom-gone), although the overall ending to the film was great.

All in all, I don't for one second think it was as good as The Dark Knight, but it was a perfect end to the trilogy, it re-established links with Bruce Wayne that were lost in TDK under the shadow of Harvey Dent and The Joker but were integral to re-establish at this point and completing the journey of Batman. Unless they're going to put the Justice League adventures in the 8 year hiatus between TDK and TDKR (which will cause some contradictions) I seriously doubt there will be a JL film at all.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Apparently, premieres in Paris, Mexico and Japan were cancelled for what happened in Colorado (12 spectators killed, 56 injured during a midnight seance)...I didn't buy a ticket for the premiere, I wonder how they will do with the ones who did...
Killer said he took inspiration from The Joker.
Spoiler

Spoiler
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

it was obvious they gave away the ending as soon as i saw well what alfreds dream was of a happy ending i knew thats how it would end i turned and even said to my gf beside me

it was part rehash of batman begins were hes on a journey to find himself

worst film of the 3 i was very disapointed there was no spark for me no rush of nerves or wow like with TDK or begins

story was poor too

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Going for TDKR this evening...hopefully it is as good as I've read.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

make sure you take one of the cinemas without gunmen in the audience...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Zeratul wrote:make sure you take one of the cinemas without gunmen in the audience...
:smt043 Or at least make them surrender their guns before being gunless in the audience.

Return to “Grand Cinema”