Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: congrats on 14 - welcome to 15...BIG GUNZ

I'll make a few battles within the first month for you. :lol:
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Borek
Forum Addict

Mid point of last wave there were people at the top end with as many as 2000 MS techs.
Forum wrote:ok - the last step i did not include was to take the minimum of 5% or the actual damage...
maybe thats' where the bug is.. i rewrote the line using different and simpler logic- did not look bugged, but you never know :) --if it was always taking the 5% tells me something funny was happening..

will see for sure when we get some battles, and the debug messages start coming to me...

quick last question (so i dont have to look it up) -- typically how much of a multiplier does your tech give you on the base value of the shield strengths? (assume mid era...)

Borek wrote:well, the problem is that when i farm people with a strong MS, even if my MS is literally 50 times as powerful, i still lose exactly the same number of shields as i would if i farmed someone with an MS 1 rank below mine and very close in power. This means a tiny MS can mass a huge one for little cost, because they only have to buy their small number of weapons and even though they don't deal out enough damage to legitimately destroy that many shields off the big MS, they do.

Think of it this way, i have a big MS, my shields are each adding lets say 50 million per shield to my total power, a smaller enemy MS deals out 1 billion attack power and instead of destroying 20 shields, it actually destroys 100 shields purely becaue i happen to have a total of 2000 shields. If i had 3000 shields i would lose 150 to the same attack even though my MS would be 50% more powerful.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
lilith
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
ID: 83233

Updates wrote:-You have 4 choices of trade [...] The public market can be used daily.
-Unit Production will have a multiplier on it
-Mothership shield damage I have added good 'debugging' on
-since turns are now fairly easily acquired

:smt023
Makes me have to restrain myself not to play this wave ;)
Lord Khnum
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Chaos - Dominion
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0

I believe the problem with the MS is that even the smallest equipped MS never "bottoms out" or at least it seems that a meekly equipped MS can still continue to attack a much larger and by far, superior equipped MS and goes to a minimum level of shields/volleys without going completely dead. It should be that a meekly equipped MS can only attack so many times before it has absolutely zero volleys to attack with, and at that point, the MS should have to be equipped back well past some predetermined percentage of re-equipping (i.e. If the meek/small MS has only 500 Volleys and 500 Shields capable, it can not re-engage in an attack once depleted completely down to a zero equipped level until it buys back say 50% of its capable levels - in this case, 250 volleys and 250 shields).
This means a weaker player can cause some trouble to a larger MS (if they be so bold! HAHA) BUT, they will quickly deplete their small MS down to a zero level where it will no longer be able to add to an attack at all, requiring a buildup or repurchasing of their MS shields/volleys back to this minimum level before they can re-engage any attacks. This allows a smaller player to be able to gain some retaliation by causing the larger MS to lose shields, but can not sustain this attack indefintely without a major repurchasing and re-equipping of their small MS. This might suit both the large player, who knows they can only sustain so much damage by the smaller player, but also allows bold retaliations from the weaker player.
Is it possible to completely obliterate a MS in Quantum?? IF everything were left essentially the same, and the small/meek MS could do continuous dis-proportional shield damage to the large MS, I think it is only fair that a large MS should be able to smash, squash, pound, or whatever you want to call it, attack the small MS enough ending by crushing the smaller MS into oblivion requiring the small/meek MS player to purchase a new MS before trying anything so stupid as attacking such a large MS again... HAHA But that is only my opinion.

I like the changes published so far, big guns ARRRrrr, Arrrr, ArRRRrhhh
Last edited by Lord Khnum on Fri May 23, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Khnum
God of the Mouthwaters of the Nile
Guardian of the Silt of the River
"When you think of Khnum, think of Dirt..."
Finis vitae sed non amoris - "Life ends but not love." from 'Solaris' 1961 Stanislaw Lem (1921-2006)
HippyFool
Forum Elder

top 2 or 3 ppl would have had 2000-2500 midwave i would say

the majority would have been more like 1000-1700

I had a top 5 MS all wave and got very annoyed when i attacked with say 200b power and lost more than their 20-80b MS lol. this being fixed shall make me greatly happy :)

Borek wrote:Mid point of last wave there were people at the top end with as many as 2000 MS techs.
Forum wrote:ok - the last step i did not include was to take the minimum of 5% or the actual damage...
maybe thats' where the bug is.. i rewrote the line using different and simpler logic- did not look bugged, but you never know :) --if it was always taking the 5% tells me something funny was happening..

will see for sure when we get some battles, and the debug messages start coming to me...

quick last question (so i dont have to look it up) -- typically how much of a multiplier does your tech give you on the base value of the shield strengths? (assume mid era...)

Borek wrote:well, the problem is that when i farm people with a strong MS, even if my MS is literally 50 times as powerful, i still lose exactly the same number of shields as i would if i farmed someone with an MS 1 rank below mine and very close in power. This means a tiny MS can mass a huge one for little cost, because they only have to buy their small number of weapons and even though they don't deal out enough damage to legitimately destroy that many shields off the big MS, they do.

Think of it this way, i have a big MS, my shields are each adding lets say 50 million per shield to my total power, a smaller enemy MS deals out 1 billion attack power and instead of destroying 20 shields, it actually destroys 100 shields purely becaue i happen to have a total of 2000 shields. If i had 3000 shields i would lose 150 to the same attack even though my MS would be 50% more powerful.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

I really really would like to see that Military exp in this wave, as it would be a great Blance agaisn't USS buyers.

13 per day might work, aslong as they get auto trained inot miners.

The idea isn't to help the top's directly.
but too.

have the mid levels farm the inactives, become bigger so that the top's can farm the mid, and at somepoint the mid's might farm the top's back.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
floophead_III
Forum Expert

Ok, this is problematic: the ppt ends for me at 12:30 or so on tuesday. That's right in the middle of the day. I think most americans/canadians are working or in school at this time. I really think it should be pushed back 4-6 hours, which would still keep it a reasonable time (nighttime) for europeans, but give americans a shot at farming. I'm not usually one to whine, but this definitely imbalances the game at a stage where we can't afford for that to happen.
Never underestimate the stupidity of your enemies.

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

YOUR ppt may end then - they all do not end at same time...
to be more than fair, though, i further sapced out the ppt end times :)

floophead_III wrote:Ok, this is problematic: the ppt ends for me at 12:30 or so on tuesday. That's right in the middle of the day. I think most americans/canadians are working or in school at this time. I really think it should be pushed back 4-6 hours, which would still keep it a reasonable time (nighttime) for europeans, but give americans a shot at farming. I'm not usually one to whine, but this definitely imbalances the game at a stage where we can't afford for that to happen.
Don't make me use this!!!
floophead_III
Forum Expert

well I can't tell if I'm early middle or late...

What's the range of ppt endings?

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

i may look to introduce in the first 2weeks. if i dont make it by then - next era.
it is not as easy as 'just doing it' :)
plus there is a bug in the main mil exp that i want to find/fix first (re sab).

so - i give it a 20% chance of making it this era, else next for sure...

High Empty wrote:I really really would like to see that Military exp in this wave, as it would be a great Blance agaisn't USS buyers.
Don't make me use this!!!
Skunky
Forum Elder
Alliance: EPA
Race: NanoTiSkunk
ID: 34220

hmm, i have 4200 minutes left :)
haven't played for the last few waves, nice to be back is all i can say :)

Replicator/NanoTiMaster Mod Colour
floophead_III
Forum Expert

I see my time just went up. Thx Forum and hopefully this wave will go smooth and be even better than the last. I honestly think this might turn out to be the best wave ever.

High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

1 Zaphor Goa'uld 138,848
2 High Empty Goa'uld 90,847
3 Scartissue Goa'uld 78,488
4 12ag_[DD]_Account_4_Sale Goa'uld 78,026

Can you update this please.

Plus, weapons are a bit weird, as it doesn't favour you spending the money on the big ones, if you have the troops to man the small ones, it's not even close.

As for ( training of the miners for all inactives, can you have that auto set to do it when it updates the market.
A script that goes. ( display untrained) move untrained into miners.

As for the Mil Exp.
The problem with the sab should be...( the number of weapons sabbed by the class of the weapons) I'm pretty sure it's just using the lowest class weapons to calulate the about of naq spent.
Just a guess.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Borek
Forum Addict

High Empty wrote:1 Zaphor Goa'uld 138,848
2 High Empty Goa'uld 90,847
3 Scartissue Goa'uld 78,488
4 12ag_[DD]_Account_4_Sale Goa'uld 78,026

Can you update this please.

Plus, weapons are a bit weird, as it doesn't favour you spending the money on the big ones, if you have the troops to man the small ones, it's not even close.

As for ( training of the miners for all inactives, can you have that auto set to do it when it updates the market.
A script that goes. ( display untrained) move untrained into miners.

As for the Mil Exp.
The problem with the sab should be...( the number of weapons sabbed by the class of the weapons) I'm pretty sure it's just using the lowest class weapons to calulate the about of naq spent.
Just a guess.

I think that's the point with the weapons, to make you have less advantage with the huge weapons, because you aren't risking so many supers/mercs using them.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
floophead_III
Forum Expert

Also the huge weapons are harder to mass/better for massing with. More weapon strength is a bonus in and of itself.

Return to “Quantum Archives”