congrat on 17 - welcome to era 18 -ancient gods

Records of the Eras that came before
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

Re: congrat on 17 - welcome to era 18 -ancient gods

It does matter how long you have been playing. you whine like a noob, therefore you are a noob. It's just a game. Play and have some fun ffs :lol:
Alexiel
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Tollan
ID: 8489

i always miss the farm but it fell on the weekend and i managed to get a hand full of hits in. by the way, how many gods do you have? i have 4 but they are useless at the moment with the huge MS's. i thought my rank 10 defence would stand a chance but with no ms i get torn up by 1bill MS hits
The early bird gets the worm but the seccond mouse gets the cheese
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Wow, I am torn having to post this, but I feel compelled.
Not that I want to face the verbal onslaught of my former CO (a really fine & aggressive Q player...) or dis-agree with the always wise HE, and S1eepy whom I both respect. But, I am going to have to agree with TicTac on the way this Era is progressing thus far.

I have been playing as hard as I can, trying to burn up ATs and not waste them on sub-standard NAQ hits (below 20 mil per 10,11,12 turn farm hit) and I am just drowning. Every day the vast gap between my Top 30-40ish account grows farther and farther behind exponentially with the accounts that seemed to benefit from Farm Fest UP upgrades initially.

Whining? Gosh, I hope not, at this point I hope you guys dont see me as a whiner, but I am trying to remain realistic. I am pulling out the calculator, looking at what I am able to farm per day, convert into UP, and I am just not seeing where I am going to be able to compete for a Top 5-10 finish unless the 10K UP and above accounts just go on vacation "hold" for about 7-10 days while I catch up.

The growth this Era of some of the Top accounts is seemingly spiralling exponentially out of reach farther each passing day.

Am I the only one who is feeling this way, or am I just dull from farming my fingers off and not running the numbers correctly?? (That could be I suppose) The excess of ATs seems to be lowering the amount of available decent Inactive farm's NAQ available, curbing my "catching up ability" this Era far more than any or the last few! So, short of throwing away AT's for minimal farming NAQ hits, and I am going down as low as 15 mil per, it just seems I am not making any gains, just getting further behind no matter how hard I play.

I am only throwing up a CAUTION flag at this point, if it remains this way for another week or so, the Era will be lost, my competitive spirit broken, and my wallet (ahem, Admin, My wallet!!) closed to donations I know will not bridge an ever widening gap. I cannot even see how I could buy my way to competiveness at this point!!

OK, let me have it... I can take it!! HAHA
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Well at this point the wave isn't over, no matter how far infront some people appear to be.
The reasons behind your anoyance;

Those who benefited from the farm fest got a good UP, and so jumped ahead of other army sizes. This jump was made worse by the income change.. Any lead on armysize is now 150% more effective, so our higher income means you have to farm harder to catch up.
But with every1 having so many ATs, the farms get hit more often, so it's hard to gather in the naq you need. Also.. Having so many ATs and no losses (due to gods self repairing) means I'm farming active players for the same naq as inactive.

But this won't last, eventualy the farms will pick up, every1 will have a steady amount of naq to farm, will be able to get stats, and realy start building stars (or destroying stats) but until then, you just have to try and keep up as best you can.
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

I agree, the last 12-15 hours when I put out PMs to others and got perspective from different timezones its all about the lead on the Army sizes as you mention, and all about the timing of when I am getting online and the depletion of the Inactive farms during those times.

I either have to change the time I am online (drastically, which probably won't happen due to job constraints...) or just make do and stop whining.

It really is weird for me this Era though, everything that has worked before is finding dry wells this wave... When the going gets tough, the tough gets going, and Affirmation folds like a cheap towel... HAHAHAHA
(Constantly referring to oneself in the third person is a sign of deep seated emotional instability... Isn't it??) ](*,)
(Constant use of parathetical statements is a sign of a God complex?? Right?)
(WTH, stop talking to yourself...)

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
Forum Elite

You and your monologs dude :lol:
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

Affirmation, I suspect the main cause of the top accounts running further into the lead is this:

You say you are mostly farming inactives, but the top accounts have the luxury of being able to hit anyone with confidence, which means all the active accounts which have much nicer incomes are providing them with better sources of naq, thus they have higher averages.

Thats pretty advantageous for those at the top, or close to the top, but at the same time it can make them vulnerable as the players close on their heels may attempt to mass them in order to take position of top-dog, or to prevent them being in a position of such power.

Thats my perception of the situation anyway.

I also believe that the increased AT per game turn generation is a problem, since people are burning off their AT's with less regard for naq hit averages just so they are always generating AT's rather than sitting at 2000 AT's and letting them go to waste, thus the inactives are not reaching such a high naq level because people are just farming whatever they can get.

Edit - I got turn-farmed for 68mil while writing this post, dammit! >.<

2nd Edit - Also, inactive income seems to be pretty low to me. I seem to recall that it was said by Forum that Untrained naq production would be raised from 200 to 500 or something like that, but from I can tell, it is still only 200, while miners have been raised from 400 to 1000 (I believe). If you take into account that people are lowering their inactive farming standards due to the extra AT's, and then add the fact that active accounts are now generating far more, it is certainly far more profitable now than ever before to farm active players.
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
Spoiler
-.-
Apogryph
Forum Elite

miners were raised from 400 to 500 and inactives from 80 to 200 ;)
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

Miners are producing 1,000 each.
Spoiler
-.-
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Apogryph wrote:miners were raised from 400 to 500 and inactives from 80 to 200 ;)

Miners 400 -> 1000
untrained 80 -> 200

150% each, so it just means there's going to be more naq, and bigger army size is 150% more useful than it already was.
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

:shock:
Spoiler
-.-
Apogryph
Forum Elite

S1eepy wrote:
Apogryph wrote:miners were raised from 400 to 500 and inactives from 80 to 200 ;)

Miners 400 -> 1000
untrained 80 -> 200

150% each, so it just means there's going to be more naq, and bigger army size is 150% more useful than it already was.

oops i miscalculated :lol:
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

I missed the Admin Chat today, got caught on the road for my job again most of the day, got home after Midnight. Was hoping to make a plea for Admin to adjust the AT turn situation in Quantum somehow...

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
Race: Aussie
ID: 0

Whats wrong with the turns??
I am still running out every day, even though I don't waste AT's on anything less than 100 million...
If anything, give me more turns!! :D
Apogryph
Forum Elite

Ace1102 wrote:Whats wrong with the turns??
I am still running out every day, even though I don't waste AT's on anything less than 100 million...
If anything, give me more turns!! :D

don't you have a life outside of sgw? :P

Return to “Quantum Archives”