congrat on 17 - welcome to era 18 -ancient gods

Records of the Eras that came before
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

Re: congrat on 17 - welcome to era 18 -ancient gods

That seems like the biggest part of the problem to me. I dont understand how getting free resources can be considered legal. Its an unfair advantage.
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
Spoiler
-.-
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

I agree with you slug, but I can also see admins point of view.

Example:

Player S has three feeders;

Feeder A is rank 25, in his alliance and owes Player S a favour.
Legal or illegal?

Feeder B has no stats this era, but is a known player, and wants to help his friend win an Era.
Legal?

Feeder C has never played for rank before, has one strike weapon and gets ATs each day and farms naq fir Player S.

But Feeder C claims to have sold the naq for $$.
Legal?

Trying to distinguish between "legal" and "illegal" feeding would be like opening a can of worms. The only other alternatives are;
to ban all feeding ( which would be hard, because it could be said you were "fed" 1.3t naq last wave)
Or
Come up with a way to limit feeder C
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

Fair point, lol.

I guess we'll have to keep thinking.
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
Spoiler
-.-
Bobajob
Forum Grunt

Forum wrote:some additional updates:

5) Weapons
Weapon values have been altered. The major difference is that 'cheaper' weapons, are cheaper now by point too. ie - if a 100 weapon costs 100 naq, a 200 weapon might cost 300 naq. Getting the bigger weapons (which require less units to man) comes at a cost now. No longer is it the only real option to load up on top weapons. --Going with lesser weapons, yes costs you more troops to man them, but gives you more attack or defence power for the same cost. Repairing is based on initial cost, not attack value, so to repair weapons you spend 1000 naq on, will cost the same, regardless if they are big or small weapons (although the small, at same cost, would be more powerful if manned).

Hi Forum,

Just one issue with this part of the recent update (and its a big issue). Some of those players out there were buying some of the higher powered weapons at the old price but they can now sell them for a lot more than they originally bought them for.

I was just chatting with one player who thinks he can sell them for as much as 10x what he paid for them. He paid about 5mill per weap and can now sell them back at 50m each (or something similar).

Some players apparently have started doing this and are now pumping it all into their UP's. Unfort I was someone who was concentrating on UP rather than stats so I cannot verify this info (or take advantage of this bug/loophole).

Of course the other side of this is I need to pay 10x as much for those same weapons as the other player I was talking to so either way I'm loosing out. Obviously this has more or less impact based on how many weapons you had bought before the update was put in place.

Can you verify?

Regards,

Bobajob
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Bobajob wrote:

5) Weapons
Weapon values have been altered. The major difference is that 'cheaper' weapons, are cheaper now by point too. ie - if a 100 weapon costs 100 naq, a 200 weapon might cost 300 naq. Getting the bigger weapons (which require less units to man) comes at a cost now. No longer is it the only real option to load up on top weapons. --Going with lesser weapons, yes costs you more troops to man them, but gives you more attack or defence power for the same cost. Repairing is based on initial cost, not attack value, so to repair weapons you spend 1000 naq on, will cost the same, regardless if they are big or small weapons (although the small, at same cost, would be more powerful if manned).

Hi Forum,

Just one issue with this part of the recent update (and its a big issue). Some of those players out there were buying some of the higher powered weapons at the old price but they can now sell them for a lot more than they originally bought them for.

I was just chatting with one player who thinks he can sell them for as much as 10x what he paid for them. He paid about 5mill per weap and can now sell them back at 50m each (or something similar).

Some players apparently have started doing this and are now pumping it all into their UP's. Unfort I was someone who was concentrating on UP rather than stats so I cannot verify this info (or take advantage of this bug/loophole).

Of course the other side of this is I need to pay 10x as much for those same weapons as the other player I was talking to so either way I'm loosing out. Obviously this has more or less impact based on how many weapons you had bought before the update was put in place.

Can you verify?

Regards,

Bobajob

Lol u just got here before me about this loophole. I bought only 1 def and 1 attack weapon, 1 mil each (I think it was something like that). I had ~#50 def and strike. This means ~50 people have bought more weapons than me. I payed in total 2 mil naq, but if I sell them now I'd get almost 28 mil naq - that's 14 times more. Not only those 50 people that have bought the weapons have bigger def and strike (and the cost for them to get it where they have it was a lot smaller), but if they sell them they'll get at least 14 times naq more and could easily get up to 3b (if someone has spent every naq for weapons before this update).
My suggestion: roll-back before weapons update or destroy everyone's weapons, give as much naq as they originally spent for them into their bank and those that already sold some weapons...take their naq out of their bank for as much as they profited.

I think a roll-back before weapons were updated is much easier and make sure you sell everyone's weapons and put the naq they spent for weapons in the bank and then implant this weapons update...

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Bobajob
Forum Grunt

Neimenljivi wrote:
Bobajob wrote:

5) Weapons

Hi Forum,

Can you verify?

Regards,

Bobajob

Lol u just got here before me about this loophole. I bought only 1 def and 1 attack weapon, 1 mil each (I think it was something like that). I had ~#50 def and strike. This means ~50 people have bought more weapons than me. I payed in total 2 mil naq, but if I sell them now I'd get almost 28 mil naq - that's 14 times more. Not only those 50 people that have bought the weapons have bigger def and strike (and the cost for them to get it where they have it was a lot smaller), but if they sell them they'll get at least 14 times naq more and could easily get up to 3b (if someone has spent every naq for weapons before this update).
My suggestion: roll-back before weapons update or destroy everyone's weapons, give as much naq as they originally spent for them into their bank and those that already sold some weapons...take their naq out of their bank for as much as they profited.

I think a roll-back before weapons were updated is much easier and make sure you sell everyone's weapons and put the naq they spent for weapons in the bank and then implant this weapons update...

~Jack

Ahh nice one.

Someone who has got first hand experience of it, at least I know my good friend wasn't talking jibberish then (like usual) :)

*edit* Update from my good friend and he thinks just on his defence he has made over 400m (his def is ranked 16th or so) and his att is somewhere around there also so I imagine he's profited by almost 1b and thats with the att and def ranked 16th or so. Imagine how much profit the top ranked att and def players have made? Even trying to catch these guys will cost me several days of income trying to match those weapons, sure I can join the farm fest tomorrow but so can they!
Last edited by Bobajob on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

come on.. It's not a huge issus..
Could have been but in the Grand sceme of things, it's going to amount to Nothing!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Bobajob
Forum Grunt

High Empty wrote:come on.. It's not a huge issus..
Could have been but in the Grand sceme of things, it's going to amount to Nothing!

yep just like what i've managed to achieve by having one of the highest UP's and army sizes...... nothing....

Easiest thing to do would be to work out how many att / def weapons the top player had in those stats and give us all the difference in naq :)
Tictac
Forum Grunt

Most pointless era to date..congrats :-D it's exceeded all expectations

you up the ammount people earn, so when farmfest rolls around it allows some people to get so far in front of everyone it almost makes it pointless to bother. Seeing as farmfest won't happebn again this wave the person with the MS already and the 15k up's have already disappeared somewhere into the distance.

take into account atleast some of those people will be getting their wallets out ready for next week and it seems the top 10 at the end of the wave may have already been decided :roll:

now don't get me wrong, I do got some hits in on farmfest, and I'll continue to play this wave until my personal objective has been met. But for anyone that was unlucky enough to be in the wrong time zone to catch the hits..then I guess you'll have a whole new list of inactives.

Ideas for next wave.

Try making it competitive, one way to do this would be to auto vac all accounts that have not played in the previous 3 waves. This way there are less farms and even if someone misses out they'll still be in the game.
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

geez some of you noobs like crying over insignificant details. There will always be people that take the lead. They make everything else cheaper for the rest of us so quit your whining :lol:
Tictac
Forum Grunt

Apogryph wrote:geez some of you noobs like crying over insignificant details. There will always be people that take the lead. They make everything else cheaper for the rest of us so quit your whining :lol:

lol noob...i love that...I've probably been playing a lot longer then most...including your goodself.

yes people will always take the lead..that goes without saying....and what I mentioned is not an insignificant detail.....this era (or at the very least for last 2) the amount of naq you make has been increased.

This means the quarterly farmfest that we all expect produces bigger dividends to those that can be there. The fact you fail to see this clearly shows your lack of understanding how the game works :roll:

All I am simply asking for is that in future waves it be more of a competition
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

bah in 7 days the farms will be the same size.

and think of it this wave
the larger the UP, the faster the farms grow.

and u could have been at farm feast..
some people when from midnight to noon.
don't u think they should get rewarded for their effort.

now i'm going to sleep,
and PS

look sometime at a USS,or SS, you will find it doesn't give nearly as much as it once did.

now i could call u a noob.. and i've been here longer than u.
but i won't call u a noob

just some one who complains too much.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

I missed the farm fest entirely last era, and didnt buy any SS's.
I finished 2nd to the most fed account ever to have played.

Your worried about being behind already.. it can still be won by anyone.. but with the attitude you have.. you wont be one to do it
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

Tictac wrote:
Apogryph wrote:geez some of you noobs like crying over insignificant details. There will always be people that take the lead. They make everything else cheaper for the rest of us so quit your whining :lol:

lol noob...i love that...I've probably been playing a lot longer then most...including your goodself.

yes people will always take the lead..that goes without saying....and what I mentioned is not an insignificant detail.....this era (or at the very least for last 2) the amount of naq you make has been increased.

This means the quarterly farmfest that we all expect produces bigger dividends to those that can be there. The fact you fail to see this clearly shows your lack of understanding how the game works :roll:

All I am simply asking for is that in future waves it be more of a competition

my bad... your not a noob... just a whiny nub :lol: altho maybe you have a complex seeing as i didn't direct my comment at anyone in particular :lol:

S1eepy wrote:I missed the farm fest entirely last era, and didnt buy any SS's.
I finished 2nd to the most fed account ever to have played.

Your worried about being behind already.. it can still be won by anyone.. but with the attitude you have.. you wont be one to do it

I agree completely with sleepy

era 15 i started a month late and finshed 11
era 16 i missed all the farm fests and was inactive for half the wave and constantly at war and still finished 33
era 17 i missed all the farm fests and was inactive for 2 or 3 weeks and finished 19

If I can catch up so can you... so again i say quit yo whining nub.
Tictac
Forum Grunt

High Empty wrote:bah in 7 days the farms will be the same size.

and think of it this wave
the larger the UP, the faster the farms grow.

and u could have been at farm feast..
some people when from midnight to noon.
don't u think they should get rewarded for their effort.

now i'm going to sleep,
and PS

look sometime at a USS,or SS, you will find it doesn't give nearly as much as it once did.

now i could call u a noob.. and i've been here longer than u.
but i won't call u a noob

just some one who complains too much.

longer then me...if only...i love the way I come across as a noob...wave 1 on Q is when I was first around (name different of course)

yes I have never finished rank 1, but i have hit top 10, 14 times :P

too silly apog..whatever man....Q was always the worst game ever becuase of feeders..well all know this...and I think even HE will back me on this.

if you even think for a sec if you total UP is under 5k you have a chance, then I would suggest you spend the next 3 months in a pub! the only possibly way for you to catch up is if the top 5-10 'drop the ball' and to be honest they are far too seasoned for that. finishing top 5-10 really proves nothing...everyone will know who the true champ is at the end...and it will unlikely be rank 1

Return to “Quantum Archives”