congrat on 17 - welcome to era 18 -ancient gods

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

congrat on 17 - welcome to era 18 -ancient gods

the basics:
QUANTUM ERA 18 - WORLDS OF THE OLD GODS
This quantumverse has never let their old religions, their multiple gods, fade. In fact, we now know that belief from our dimension floods power towards the higher dimensions where the Ascended beings (aka Gods) live. But in this quantumverse, the Ori never took control; the Inquisition never occured; religion and belief was never fettered.
Instead, a multitude of Gods --now ancient-- flurished. Enough devotion, sacrifice, belief and -for some reason- Naquadah, not only keep the Ancient Gods alive, but powerful. Very powerful. And - for a price, a God (or 10, or 20, or 2000 Gods) that will fight on your side...

I have read the comments so far, and can group them into 2 camps:
1) hope its not like dragons and
2) if its like dragons, but balanced (ie not useless) might be ok.

I liked the setup of the dragon era, the uber unit type, that behaves differently. I was disappointed when the balance was not there. But by then it was too late to change :(

So - are gods similar to dragons? yes.
are they balanced? do they have extra options/features? yes.
is it too late to edit/alter/add to the features/setup? no. --i figure i have 2 to 3 weeks before i must stop any changes. So comment away :)
I am not against some 'feature specific' gods, ie up or such, but really, how would that be that much better (or balanced) than just adding UP,etc? With war gods, they behave differently than the regular folk who die for them, so I do not view the addition as redundant, or just the equivalent of a tech increase....

again, thoughts......

I hope you enjoy the era - - it is better laid out, and should create some crazy battles :) without the limitations of last era.
Don't make me use this!!!
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers
ID: 0

Re: congrat on 17 - welcome to era 18 -ancient gods

can u answer on chat :P
i ahve a small sugestion that can be good :P
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

ok frist off. you have doubled the costs, and added uu costs
therefore the MIN MIN
starting power should be around 150mil to 200mil just for one god
THEY MUST BE SELF REPAIRABLE, however that can costs units or something
and selling them might be ok? not needed but ok.
Techs linked?
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

<<<MY COMMENTS>>>>
High Empty wrote:ok frist off. you have doubled the costs, and added uu costs
therefore the MIN MIN <<<AND DOUBLED THE POWER>>>
starting power should be around 150mil to 200mil just for one god <<its 60m - used to be 30m>>
THEY MUST BE SELF REPAIRABLE,<<<THEY ARE - at 10% new cost, regaredless of how damaged they are>>> however that can costs units or something
and selling them might be ok? not needed but ok. <<<hm. can you sell a god?>>>
Techs linked?<<<yup.>>>

so your basic suggestion, that is not done yet, is to increase their power by another factor of 2???
High Empty
Forum Addict

and if you want to tone down on feeders
Double the amount of daily turns able to achive

oh and my personal favorite
would be to bring back the auto trainer.

If nothing else... then the following
every Market week ALL untrained units in ALL accounts get freely trained upto miners.
Or make it so that UP gives miners, and u just need to untrain them.

However do not increase the max uu to turn ratio
thereby meaing u can buy turns 1 day, and then the following 2 days trade for uu.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
High Empty
Forum Addict

Forum wrote:<<<MY COMMENTS>>>>
High Empty wrote:ok frist off. you have doubled the costs, and added uu costs
therefore the MIN MIN <<<AND DOUBLED THE POWER>>>
starting power should be around 150mil to 200mil just for one god <<its 60m - used to be 30m>>
THEY MUST BE SELF REPAIRABLE,<<<THEY ARE - at 10% new cost, regaredless of how damaged they are>>> however that can costs units or something
and selling them might be ok? not needed but ok. <<<hm. can you sell a god?>>>
Techs linked?<<<yup.>>>

so your basic suggestion, that is not done yet, is to increase their power by another factor of 2???

@ your comment,

i don't have 2 bil and 2k uu to try it out... I just don't know? if it's done right
i do know that at around 150mil - 200 the units may be comparable with 2nd weapons+ units and own techs.

Remember that god's aren't effected by the race techs.. so they don't get that extra 100% that the other weapons get.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

how does turning UU into miners (or give miners on turn) limit feeding?
do you just like the auto-trainer, or see some extra benefit to game balance?
and you are suggesting keeping/lowering the max turns held, but generate more per turn? ie to 'feed' someone you ahve to be more active?

High Empty wrote:and if you want to tone down on feeders

every Market week ALL untrained units in ALL accounts get freely trained upto miners.

thereby meaing u can buy turns 1 day, and then the following 2 days trade for uu.
Shadow_Dragon
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow_Stalkers
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 1784

After all that the costs have increased using both uu + larger amounts on naq?

I have to agree the power level should start higher and tech's should remain the way they are.

I like the dragons but as they were so easily defeated and destroyed it became far too hard to use them without spend a great deal of naq, which in turn left the other stats lagging behind.

I agree with HE on this also just not the auto trainer though....
High Empty
Forum Addict

Forum wrote:how does turning UU into miners (or give miners on turn) limit feeding?
do you just like the auto-trainer, or see some extra benefit to game balance?
and you are suggesting keeping/lowering the max turns held, but generate more per turn? ie to 'feed' someone you ahve to be more active?

High Empty wrote:and if you want to tone down on feeders

Basicly if ALL accounts generate more naq, and u can figure out how to get more turns into accounts, then the results of having a feeder accounts are much less.

Unless they really are playing the wave, collectly turns everyday, and farming with them.. inwhich case they are a real account, and are just helping a friend.

Basicly MORE naq all around limits the overall naq into just one account. He/She may have more naq flowing in, but the ratio is smaller than before, and the current setup with techs is that investing naq into them is not as benifitable at the higher naq costs, so that overall, the damage of having feeders is reduced.
High Empty
Forum Addict

ok another idea throw out to me..

Reduce Turn CAP generation to 1440!~1500
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - a lot of that made sense. i did forget about the race bonus, and the fact that gods are not of your race (ie no race bonus).

so ---

base God power is 100m (up from 60).
will see how this feels...with the ability to auto-repair at a cost of just 10%, massing with Gods will work well -- you can take them down to close to nothing, then repair ... and of course they are then left for defence :)

the other changes, mostly to blunt the 'feeder' strategies (it is a strategy, not a cheat, but i do see the benefit in not needing feeders to place ;) ), are in game updates, copied here:

Additional base changes
DefCon/Realm Alert Level
This used to limit attacks to one each few seconds (up to 15) on your realm. Now, this limits attacks BY ANY GIVEN PLAYER to one each few seconds (up to 15). So one player massing you, must wait up to 15 seconds between attacks. But 2 players, each attacking, can attack right after each other, with no delay (although then each must wait 15 seconds before doing it again.)

Income Generation
It used to be untrained generated 80naq/turn. Miner 5x80(400). This is now changed to 200 per untrained, and 500 per miner. The intent is to create more naq ingame, from active AND semi/inactive accounts. This should reduce 'feeder' effect.

Turn Generation
The max turns generated, are reduced to 2000 (from 5000). The turns per 30minutes, increased from 6 to 10. This will benefit the active players, or at least those loggin in more than once each 4 or so days. Again, reducing the effect of feeder accounts, that are not actively playing.

keep it coming, this is shaping up to be a great enhancement era :)
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

ok.. so this wave is last wave balanced + tweaked.
cant say im a fan of doing the same thing twice.. but ill leave it with that.

ok, are the Gods tech linked to the Top god tech? (like other techs are linked)
If not.. they should be.

so.. from what I can see...

a god is just twice as powerful as a dragon with the ability to repair?
seen as they are 2x as expensive (not including the uu cost) that means gods are the same as dragons but repairable.

I think they need to be slightly more than that.. If Gods were perfectly balanced, so they were exactly the same cost of buying the same amount of strike and def weapons... I still wouldn't go for them..
because i dont usualy want my strike and defence at the same level..
and teching Gods, strike and def is just not going to work.
This has to be a choice.. Gods.. or strike/def

So Gods need to be attractive.. an actual reason for buying them. Not just almost useful
Bilbao Pan
Fledgling Forumer

I ve a question.

Are gods able to fight on their own? I mean with no soldiers on their side.

Cause we saw last wave Dragons were very very easily destroyed when hitted by a big strike (about 2 times the dragons power). You needed like 400 turns

And on the other side when you tried to mass a weaponed defence with dragons only, you needed like 2000 turns.

The only benefit i saw last wave with dragons was to have 5 dragons and a weaponed defence. Defence was then much harder to mass. And it was funny imagining them flying above your soldirs during battle.
High Empty
Forum Addict

OK Back to the GOD's

If i'm a god.. and i am some days.

I would repair on killing others!

ie if i kill 10 supers in 1 attack. than i heal 1% or more. ( per god)
This makes attacking or defending much easier for gods, expect if your fighting gods! in which case nothing helps u.
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

I'm gonna throw an idea out... might be crazy, but might be interesting too.

What if Gods dont have a damage/health thing at all. What if they were indestructible? They are Gods after all. Perhaps they could cost a bit more or something. And instead of tech to increase their power, what if they developed their strength in a different way? Perhaps their power grows over time, or it grows in relation to your army size, or total power, or as a percentage of your present strike or defence - Like a secondary multiplier to weapons tech. I think that could be interesting, although it could get crazy.

Might have been better to think this through before the wave actually started... but since nobody has 2bil naq yet, I guess theres still time :P
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
Spoiler
-.-

Return to “Quantum Archives”