congrat on 17 - welcome to era 18 -ancient gods

Records of the Eras that came before
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Re: congrat on 17 - welcome to era 18 -ancient gods

Slugworth Assrot wrote:If you think higher incomes all around will increase feeding.... explain why?

Incomes - the naq we generate from miners and try to protect with our defence have gone up 25%. So everyone is equal (good thing)

The naq on farms has gone up 150% making farming more profitable than before. If every1 attacks them equally, then fair.
But if I get my 5 friends to farm these accounts and give me the naq.. They will be getting more naq to give me.

So a basic eqn.
You get
Income + farmed = total naq

Someone with 5 friends gets
Income + (farmed*6) = total

By increasing the % of farmed more than the % of income, it proportions more of total income to be from farmed... And with feeders this means they have even more naq.
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

Yeah, I agree. Its an improvement, but not a solution.

For me, the solution is suspicion, accusation, investigation, and suspension.
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
Spoiler
-.-
S1eepy
Forum Elite

@ high empty

If you go down that road.. Then eventualy there will be so much naq, all accounts will be equal, because naq will become obsolete.
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

S1eepy wrote:
Slugworth Assrot wrote:If you think higher incomes all around will increase feeding.... explain why?

Incomes - the naq we generate from miners and try to protect with our defence have gone up 25%. So everyone is equal (good thing)

The naq on farms has gone up 150% making farming more profitable than before. If every1 attacks them equally, then fair.
But if I get my 5 friends to farm these accounts and give me the naq.. They will be getting more naq to give me.

So a basic eqn.
You get
Income + farmed = total naq

Someone with 5 friends gets
Income + (farmed*6) = total

By increasing the % of farmed more than the % of income, it proportions more of total income to be from farmed... And with feeders this means they have even more naq.

I'm starting to be swayed by your argument, but I think theres a flaw I'm about to expose.

Forums update notes say that miners production is increased from 400 to 500, yielding a 25% increase.

Check your miners and production. I've been asking around and it seems miners are actually producing 1,000 per turn, which is in fact a 150% increase too.
Spoiler
-.-
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

In any case, I really dont think that tinkering with incomes is the way to solve feeding.

Edit - unless maybe you halve Untrained naq production, and double miner production, and also double the cost of everything you pay for. Or at least something like that O.o

But by doing that you hurt farmers.... and people who feed are still getting x amount more naq than others, because lets face it... feeding is cheating.
Spoiler
-.-
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

slug, incase you haven't figure out the only way to stop it...

is to do nothing since u aren't going to do that.

if u think someone is doing it, it normally means they aren't online 24x7 and that you can just mass them and sit on their income, so in effect they become your big farm.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
S1eepy
Forum Elite

You had it right in the first sentence slug
Altering incomes is NOT a way to limit feeding. But the way it was laid out would have had the opposite effect.

Making more naq, so someone can only get 25% further ahead instead of 50% is silly. What do we do next wave? Same again, so they only get 15% ahead? Then again next era? It just ends up with rediculous figures without solving the problem.
If you want big numbers.. Just look at era 12.. And I know from experiance, when the numbers get too big, it breaks the game.

What we need is an actual way of limiting feeding, which I'm loath to say, I don't have. But using something like this and calling it a fix will not make the problem go away.
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

@ High Empty

Doesnt sound like much of a solution to me, lol.

You shouldnt have to mass someone to get them to stop cheating. Then again, if they are ahead of me in ranking, I'd probably try to mass them anyway.

The way I see things, Quantum only last 3 months, and the challenge is to see how much you can achieve in that time, and to do it better than everyone else. But when people dont play fairly, like getting naq for free, then it basically ruins the game because they have an unfair advantage.

Would you play Monopoly with someone who sneaks extra money out of the box every time you look away?
Spoiler
-.-
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

S1eepy wrote:You had it right in the first sentence slug
Altering incomes is NOT a way to limit feeding. But the way it was laid out would have had the opposite effect.

Making more naq, so someone can only get 25% further ahead instead of 50% is silly. What do we do next wave? Same again, so they only get 15% ahead? Then again next era? It just ends up with rediculous figures without solving the problem.
If you want big numbers.. Just look at era 12.. And I know from experiance, when the numbers get too big, it breaks the game.

What we need is an actual way of limiting feeding, which I'm loath to say, I don't have. But using something like this and calling it a fix will not make the problem go away.

I've said plenty of times that it shouldnt be tolerated at all.

I've heard a few people say that 'feeding isnt really cheating, even admin says so'. Then I think back to when people accused Seijuro of cheating for farming 36trill, and it was investigated, and no cheating found. Does that mean he wasnt being fed, and not just by alliance mates, but by non-played accounts, or he actually was being fed illegitimately but it wasnt considered an exploit?

I cant say one way or the other that Seijuro was cheating. 36trill certainly is impressive, and if he wasnt being fed, then what good does feeding do anyway, because he beat all the competition by a mile and then some.

I would prefer not to see people banned, but I do want to see people play fair, and enjoy the competition between worthy opponents.
Spoiler
-.-
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

sure would...
i'm so good, they still go broke.

The idea is simple it doesn't matter howmuch free naq u have.
getting massed 1-2,10,20 times sort of puts somoene in their place, even if they are Superman.
yeah it's chaep for them to get all back up and repaired, cheaper anyways, but last time i checked uu doesn't grow on trees, and every bit of damage they take is another bit that they have to get re-feed.

Simplely put, a Good solid, " way too much time on their hands player" can deal with any " reasonalble feeding of an account" If they are so far ahead that all you get is devesation everytime you look at their account, than it's too far, and u bring it up with admin, otherwise, alittle self policing may go a long ways.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
S1eepy
Forum Elite

Admin decided that from the evidence he had, Neither Seijuro, or any of the accounts he had fed from had cheated in any way. And the 30 tril he had farmed was just an extreme form of feeding (which is not against the rules)
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

So all the naq he fed was from accounts that were playing competitively?

I guess its a pretty hard thing to check up on, I know I wouldnt want to go through all those logs.

It really is a very impressive amount. I'd be surprised if I got as much as 10trill last era.

In any case, I'm looking forward to more MS battles with him this era!
Spoiler
-.-
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

One thing I dont like about that though is the impression I got that one or two players decided they didnt have a great chance of a high finish, so they pass a lot of resources to one player....

Makes my efforts to finish 1st so much harder...

-.-
Spoiler
-.-
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

lol, I just looked at era 12..... thats freakish :shock:

Kinda looks like only 2 people really played that era O.o
Spoiler
-.-