good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Records of the Eras that came before
User avatar
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:49 am

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by Sorrow » Thu May 14, 2009 4:21 pm

All the mechanics of this game can be learned in a few hours perfectly. The difference between n00bs and top players lies mostly in experience (how they react to each situation and stuff) and friend/allies that help you out, then again the other thing determining rank is the bank, it's not really necessary as you can get around it, but makes life easier.

On the other hand there are a few that push things to the limit, but I guess those so called "tactics" are needed for achiving high rank too.

User avatar
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:22 am
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by Apogryph » Thu May 14, 2009 4:24 pm

bebita wrote:
Apogryph wrote:
Cyberdemon wrote:I think it will be fun, only a 30 min delay at most. The active plays know who is on and when they are more prone to be on, so the only ones that this would be a disadvantage to is the n00bs. They may try and snipe some of us that have been playing for a while, but look here...won't it be fun massing and getting that naq back.

Even the noobs need some kind of an advantage, as you see from the standing for all the waves, the same people in the top. Maybe this is just what we need to get some new ppl up there.

Just my 2c


maybe this is just what you need to chase away even more of the old players, making quantum even more dead. But you go right ahead and have fun playing with the handful that are left...

PS what makes you think you are not one of those n00bs? :lol:

just my 2c :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

old players?
we see them how they play .....
hope this willl show alot and we can hunt better the guys who doesn't deserve to be around


you want to stop feeding? Remove the inactive accounts. Its really that simple mate. The reason why both main and quantum are so messed up is because it is TOO EASY to get resources. It takes no strategy or skill, just enough time to sit at your computer for a couple of hours a day having no life.

User avatar
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:12 am

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by Slugworth Assrot » Thu May 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Sorrow wrote:On the other hand there are a few that push things to the limit, but I guess those so called "tactics" are needed for achiving high rank too.



I assume that by 'tactics' you mean having other accounts feed you naq and uu.

I wouldnt say its necessary to use these tactics to achieve a high rank, its just that a lot of people are allowed to get away with massively abusing the rules and you play at a severe disadvantage unless you can do the same. Fundamentally, winning an era is not a measure of skill, but how much you can abuse the rules.

Its really nothing more than cheating and is only considered legal because of the difficulty in preventing this kind of play.

Quantum is a haven for cheaters and era 18 will definately be my last.

Good luck to those of you who decide to continue playing. Best to PM all your internet friends now and have them make lots of new accounts for you to feed from in the next era if you want to compete!
Image
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
SpoilerShow
-.-

User avatar
Inyx
Forum Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by Inyx » Thu May 14, 2009 6:48 pm

...And perhaps the equal opportunity fairy could do an era where everyone starts off with the same bank size. You get upgrades using market turns, supporter status, and such...Just to further level the playing field a bit. :smt023

User avatar
bebita
Forum Zombie
Posts: 5852
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:40 am
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers
ID: 0

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by bebita » Thu May 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Apogryph wrote:
bebita wrote:
Apogryph wrote:
Cyberdemon wrote:I think it will be fun, only a 30 min delay at most. The active plays know who is on and when they are more prone to be on, so the only ones that this would be a disadvantage to is the n00bs. They may try and snipe some of us that have been playing for a while, but look here...won't it be fun massing and getting that naq back.

Even the noobs need some kind of an advantage, as you see from the standing for all the waves, the same people in the top. Maybe this is just what we need to get some new ppl up there.

Just my 2c


maybe this is just what you need to chase away even more of the old players, making quantum even more dead. But you go right ahead and have fun playing with the handful that are left...

PS what makes you think you are not one of those n00bs? :lol:

just my 2c :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

old players?
we see them how they play .....
hope this willl show alot and we can hunt better the guys who doesn't deserve to be around


you want to stop feeding? Remove the inactive accounts. Its really that simple mate. The reason why both main and quantum are so messed up is because it is TOO EASY to get resources. It takes no strategy or skill, just enough time to sit at your computer for a couple of hours a day having no life.

and where is the fun in game then?
i can assure u i am here because of this inactive accounts
is not fun trust me just to bank
i had a bad experience lately in a game by your requiments
probably players will just relax and using bank scripts like there
SpoilerShow
Image
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D

User avatar
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:22 am
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by Apogryph » Fri May 15, 2009 12:42 am

bebita wrote:and where is the fun in game then?
i can assure u i am here because of this inactive accounts
is not fun trust me just to bank
i had a bad experience lately in a game by your requiments
probably players will just relax and using bank scripts like there


the fun is actually playing with a strategy and attacking people that might attack back :shock: That is how the game is meant to be. Feeders and snipers only exist because they can easily get naq by farming the inactive accounts with 1 wep. That will change if those accounts are removed. Simple as that. If all you want to do is farm inactive accounts why do you bother playing an online game? Players already use bank scripts anyway and they get banned when they are caught. Your argument is moot and devoid of logic.

Every single time someone proposes a good idea that will make feeding impossible, admin ignores it, often because most of the players dont want to lose something that makes their life easy. If you are unwilling to sacrifice something that makes your life easier, but will remove feeders, then stop complaining about feeding. You cant have your cake and eat it.

User avatar
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:00 pm
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by S1eepy » Fri May 15, 2009 1:42 am

mmm.. cake :D

I think removing inactive accounts would make things interesting, but it could be bad for the game.. If we had to farm each other, then a gap would grow between the top players, and their farms. While the lower players, or late starters would find it even harder to compete. Would make the start (first month or so) extremely important.
Image

User avatar
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:22 am
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by Apogryph » Fri May 15, 2009 1:55 am

S1eepy wrote:mmm.. cake :D

I think removing inactive accounts would make things interesting, but it could be bad for the game.. If we had to farm each other, then a gap would grow between the top players, and their farms. While the lower players, or late starters would find it even harder to compete. Would make the start (first month or so) extremely important.


I'm not saying remove them either way. I am making an observation. Feeding and Sniping is only possible because of the inactive accounts. I wont be playing after this wave so idc what admin does tbh.

User avatar
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:12 am

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by Slugworth Assrot » Fri May 15, 2009 4:19 am

Im not sure that I can even be bothered to finish this era. The more I think about it, the less it seems like its worth the effort.

Ive seen 3 inactives pass over a trill each to somebody in the past couple days, and it makes me wonder why I make the effort to farm.
Image
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
SpoilerShow
-.-

User avatar
bebita
Forum Zombie
Posts: 5852
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:40 am
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers
ID: 0

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by bebita » Fri May 15, 2009 4:25 am

Apogryph wrote:
bebita wrote:and where is the fun in game then?
i can assure u i am here because of this inactive accounts
is not fun trust me just to bank
i had a bad experience lately in a game by your requiments
probably players will just relax and using bank scripts like there


the fun is actually playing with a strategy and attacking people that might attack back :shock: That is how the game is meant to be. Feeders and snipers only exist because they can easily get naq by farming the inactive accounts with 1 wep. That will change if those accounts are removed. Simple as that. If all you want to do is farm inactive accounts why do you bother playing an online game? Players already use bank scripts anyway and they get banned when they are caught. Your argument is moot and devoid of logic.

Every single time someone proposes a good idea that will make feeding impossible, admin ignores it, often because most of the players dont want to lose something that makes their life easy. If you are unwilling to sacrifice something that makes your life easier, but will remove feeders, then stop complaining about feeding. You cant have your cake and eat it.

feeding is easy to find
is easy to ban
is clearly when a player is feed
if only we had someone to watch closely
or someone who had more time for us
i am still hoping that admin will ban that guys with half turns then us used farmed more naq
is just purely a ...
don't be noob play like them ..................
SpoilerShow
Image
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D

5forV
Forum Grunt
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by 5forV » Fri May 15, 2009 5:28 am

Apogryph wrote:you want to stop feeding? Remove the inactive accounts. Its really that simple mate. The reason why both main and quantum are so messed up is because it is TOO EASY to get resources. It takes no strategy or skill, just enough time to sit at your computer for a couple of hours a day having no life.


The best idea to stop feeding problem right there ;)
It would completely change the dynamics of the game, couldn't hurt to test it for one era either.
Could it be possible to remove them to an inactive realm so people, who have just taken a break for an era or two, wouldn't have to re start their accounts? And any accounts which remain in this 'inactive realm' for about 3 eras can then be removed completely? Just a possible tweak..

And Inyx's idea of resetting bank accounts at the beginning of each era is good as well ;) To completely even the playing field, if the old players who have donated don't like this then I guess they can go and make way for new blood? Or they can always continue to play and prove their skill :D

I support both of these ideas. :)

Oh and if the creator is worried about a lack of donations due to resetting bank accounts he could always bring in a new form of donating, a tiered level, increasing in $5 amounts from $10-$50, obviously each $5 would represent a certain percentage of the same benefits. The higher the donation the higher the percentage... it's possible more players would donate, again it's another element that would have to be tested to see if its worthwhile...

hmm, or maybe not, but i really think it wouldn't hurt to test it out for an era...

and good luck to everyone - for this era and next ;)

User avatar
High Empty
Forum Addict
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:34 pm
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803
Location: omg who care, pm me and i'll inform yea

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by High Empty » Fri May 15, 2009 6:57 am

i'm noticeing you all really don't like that i have a 40 tril bank.. TOUGH!

As for getting rid of the inactive accounts, so not a good idea

As for having live attack logs, meh that could go either way, people counter massing in allainces, people joining in on massing randomly.

ONE good feature is that crit, only applys to the person attacking, one other thing that would be interesting is that Failed sabbed do not count to the covert limit, nor to recons, and that every account has a Min of 6 sabs per 3 hours that they can deliver on an account, upto a max of 20.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Image

5forV
Forum Grunt
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by 5forV » Fri May 15, 2009 7:24 am

High Empty wrote:i'm noticeing you all really don't like that i have a 40 tril bank.. TOUGH!


lol, I had no idea your's was that big?!
well HE's winning this era :P he has the biggest?
I can understand protests to resetting bank accounts, I personally would be a little disgruntled but I could move on.. good tactics would win over all, but i guess it doesn't really matter. If there are no inactive accounts to fill the huge bank accounts then those players would only be as good as their tactics, so etiher way I personally would be fine with leaving the bank accounts as they are, but I can see the merit in resetting them.

Removing inactives is a brilliant idea :D
We could at least test it for one era? There would be completely different dynamics for the game, sometimes change can be a good thing ;) if it really was a bad idea then i guess the two realms, active and inactive could always be merged back together the next era.

However I like your sab/recon suggestions ;)

User avatar
High Empty
Forum Addict
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:34 pm
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803
Location: omg who care, pm me and i'll inform yea

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by High Empty » Fri May 15, 2009 7:58 am

5forV wrote:
High Empty wrote:i'm noticeing you all really don't like that i have a 40 tril bank.. TOUGH!


lol, I had no idea your's was that big?!
well HE's winning this era :P he has the biggest?
I can understand protests to resetting bank accounts, I personally would be a little disgruntled but I could move on.. good tactics would win over all, but i guess it doesn't really matter. If there are no inactive accounts to fill the huge bank accounts then those players would only be as good as their tactics, so etiher way I personally would be fine with leaving the bank accounts as they are, but I can see the merit in resetting them.

Removing inactives is a brilliant idea :D
We could at least test it for one era? There would be completely different dynamics for the game, sometimes change can be a good thing ;) if it really was a bad idea then i guess the two realms, active and inactive could always be merged back together the next era.



people think big banks matters, and they really don't they are nice at the start of the wave, but near the end, filling htem is all but impossible, unless your being helped along. Not to mention, that banks sizes were part of the SS deals as forever. If people want to increase their size, have them spend some $, otherwise, they can just play that much better. With the newer waves it's been a bit more important, as techs are linked, but otherwise it's just nice for buying AC levels, but really, who's going to buy lvl 31 unless they have 30k+ covert techs. Inactives just aren't that large.

For notes to people about removing the inactives, the main problem has been the new account generations, not really the inacvitves, farming just actives would lead to a very slow pace game, and change peoples game plays alot, as people would be getting farmed every turn, because that's howmany turns there are to go around.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Image

User avatar
High Empty
Forum Addict
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:34 pm
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803
Location: omg who care, pm me and i'll inform yea

Re: good luck on last of era 18 - 19 upcoming...

Post by High Empty » Fri May 15, 2009 8:05 am

5forV wrote:
High Empty wrote:i'm noticeing you all really don't like that i have a 40 tril bank.. TOUGH!


lol, I had no idea your's was that big?!
well HE's winning this era :P he has the biggest?



As for me winning

Howmuch have you farmed
howmuch has the rest in the top 10 farmed

i know i've farmed atleast in the top 6 cause that's what my ME is, which means potentially there could be 5 people that should place higher than me.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Image

Locked

Return to “Quantum Archives”