end era 19-congrats! start era 20....whats coming up

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

end era 19-congrats! start era 20....whats coming up

hello
well played era 19 - worldships. It was a very different era, how fighting worked, etc. balanced stats cov/anticov/att/def/ms -- or a lot closer at least (ms/cov*2/anticov all divided by 5 should do it...). to do well in a new setup requires quick thinking, and a good strategy. so well done to those that accomplished that!

the stats actually worked for end of era, which i like :) there was enough change in the structure i was worried about a div/zero error :)
although i should be able to record 'race' better....will work on that for 20.

now -on 20.....

we have done 3 things in 19, all of which are hard to 'back out of'
1) changed attack/covert structure as far as how it all works...
2) simplified the game/screens by removing things like alert levels, mercs, etc
3) moved into spaceships

I am going to finish reading all comments, but Gary was good enough (before the little demon left for 2 weeks holidays!!) to give me an overview of comments to date....so ... teh plan (subject to change..post here if you agree/object) is:

1) keep attack structure as it is now. adjust some values like 'sab' fail rate, etc. but the concepts remain the same. ie -spies vs. antispy ; attack/defense vs. attack/defence; buy weapons arms you; etc. if anything, i will simpify the weapons part. maybe they come with a crew/user so do nto need population.
2) keep it simple. moreso if i find a way :)
3) move it to actual stargates. now that we are using 'gatewar' instead of 'stargate' war...i figure its time ;)

so - basicly take this era, bring it back to stargate centric multiverse, fine tune and simplify where possible; let it go.

the feedback, as i understood it, was that the idea of defendind an attack is good; the damage to realm is good; the 'random death' of units not good; the growth of farms good; the autogrowth of defence/up/etc good; the decreased tech/UP to 'catchup' based on closeness to top value is good (except for those at top who say not good); covert setup ok if cost of doing it increased; add what i forgot here...

the one thing i have realized i need to do, if we want to keep getting new (non sgw main even) players, is to make it easy to grasp right off the bat...so increased 'help' or somehting, and a simple to understand setup....i will work on this too ...

so - needlss to say, i have a busy couple days to finish what i have started as far as next era...i will get right to it! be sure to post here with cmoments, as i will incorporate them as it makes sense while coding....and apologies in advance if i take an extra day on this --i am also travelling one of the 2 days, back from folks house to mine which will eat up some time...(and yes i know i could/should have done all this earlier :) )
jason.
Don't make me use this!!!
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Re: end era 19-congrats! start era 20....whats coming up

ALso FIX ME first please
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

thread / link with whats broke?
Pimping D wrote:ALso FIX ME first please
Don't make me use this!!!
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

first cudos on a magnificent era

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=146921
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=145601

only sabbing works
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Naq generation wasn't good.

Which is why i suggest a different tpye of unit.
People could still train everything and sab, with out real pain

Therefore a suggestion is
Any unit that is trained, and get's untrained is damage goods/
The generate 1/3 the naq of a miner. and Fresh recuits are used before they are when train new units.

Suggest amount of attack turns for the market be reduce to 1000 turns

Suggest that there become a new " super Elite Class of units" for scanners and sensors, that gives 10x the boost, cost 20x as much, and Can't be Untrained!

Suggest that Techs grow by themselfs at a rate of 1% of the top tech.
Suggest UP grows by it's self at a rate of 1% top UP
Suggest that Up goes 20% miners, 80% untrain
Suggest that untrain attack and defence values are = 1/5 of the cheapest weapon, this is done with the new untraining to damaged troops, so that the inactives have a High defence value, and the actives have to try harder to farm them.

Suggest changing the buy tech, and Up to 4-5 dights instead of 3.

Suggest ME be fixed

Fixed solution

ME counted is now the Sum of your failure and your success,
So if you have 50,000 scanners killed, and you have killed 70,000, Your ME would be based off of 20000 scanners.
However if you had 100,000 sensors killed, and only 40,000 that you have killed your ME would be Zero for sensors.

Please change the sab either back to Cost of Naq destroyed Based off of Healthy weapons. Or change the Massing damage to be massed off of healthy weapons, since right now It counts that you have destoryed 100,000 weapons, but they were at zero power, so your added ME was Zero.

I'm here to discuss any comments you have on any of the topics just Pm me, and i'll join you on chat. or we can do it all by pm.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Linking UP/techs to top might be good for smaller players but it isn't good in a bigger/wider scale. You already said that us, the top, don't agree with it because it gives smaller players a bigger chance to catch us but it's more than that - it's slowing the progression of the game. We keep waiting that someone else buys before we buy so we won't make it cheaper for rivals, thus the buying of UP is delayed for a few days after every 999.

Sabbing needs fixing - last night I got sabbed and in 1 sab I lost #1 def and #3 strike, totally whiped out. A week sooner, in 2 sabs I lost #1 strike completly and 1/3 of #1 defence. Something needs to be done about that.
Also when u fail with sabbing/spying someone u should lose 1/2 of scanners sent, as it was before, this era u lost as much as u'd lose if u'd succesfully sab someone with exact same amount of scanners.

Motherships are a bit too big I think. For instance I had 0.8tril defence, 0.7tril strike, 0.6tril scanner power, 1.1tril sensor power and 3,5tril MS power. I think if u divide it by factor of 3 it should even things out a bit more.

Military experience is messed up like mentioned above. Sabbing gives you more ME than everything else combined, + the numbers of sensors & scanners killed and lost are off (I lost 600k+ sensors and in my ME it was writen something like 35k). If it isn't fixed till next era I suggest u don't rank it as it was pretty lame this era, looking at how broken it was. I agree with Andrew that sabbing should be based on cost of weapons rather than power so it doesn't become ultra high at the end of the era with 1 sab.

A thing that has been agreed among most of the quantum comunity to add is a way to remove polarized sheilds (it'd cost you a market bonus turn). Personally I also would rather see sensor and scanner power to be combined when it comes to ranking it, I think it offered more strategy..

Also another suggestion to lower MS sniping - when you attack someone, MS can damage the opposite MS only as much as your strike is (and same with sheilds, they depend on your defence), while you still lose same % of sheilds/volleys each hit. So if someone was to mass your MS and he had say 1 bil GROUND strike, even if his MS had 1 tril strike, it'd only do 1 bil damage to your MS and if his defence was 10bil MS would only use 10bil sheild power (even if it had 2 tril sheild power, MS) and you had, say 100bil ground attack but only 100b strike on MS, your MS would attack back inflicting 100b damage on enemy's MS (sheild power that MS would be able to generate is again based at your ground defence). Your MS would overpower enemy's MS even though looking only at MSs, his was bigger. Enemy would thus lose a lot more sheilds and volleys.
With all stats being equalized, number-wise, noone could just build a big MS and go on parade, but would also need ground strike and defense to use a full potentional of his MS. Hope I've written it clear enough lol :P

Except for 2 bugged things (ME and sabbing) I loved this era, thanks a lot Jason :)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Scenester
Forum Regular

@HE
2.4k turns might have been too much but 1k might be too little...
Just look at how many you used yourself!

@Jack
Scanners and sensors killed/lost this era only counted those you lost whilest attacking/being attacked, not those you lost whilest sabbing.
^Just to point out the obvious^

Overall I liked this era however it seems that you only need to play the last few weeks to end good. The time you spend early on was a total loss.
Dont know if its always like that but id think there should be something to do early on, like a huge increase of the money farms generate in the beginning which will slowly decrease as the era conteniue's?
Would require quite a different tactic of playing :smt069

Oh well I enjoyed it, dont change too much ;p
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Scenester wrote:@Jack
Scanners and sensors killed/lost this era only counted those you lost whilest attacking/being attacked, not those you lost whilest sabbing.
^Just to point out the obvious^

Yes and I got sabbed yesterday (as mentioned above, with 1 sab down to 0 stats) and then they killed my sensors and scanners with attacks, and I had a little less than 600k sensors trained, and 260k scanners :) in my ME it said I lost 0 scanners and 35k sensors. I know it doesn't record scanners lost while sabbing mate ;)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Scenester wrote:@HE
2.4k turns might have been too much but 1k might be too little...
Just look at how many you used yourself!

Well i did use alot, however if there were less turns, i still would have used them all, but the farms might make it to 20 turns of income instead of 8-10 turns.

Scenester wrote:Overall I liked this era however it seems that you only need to play the last few weeks to end good. The time you spend early on was a total loss.
Dont know if its always like that but id think there should be something to do early on, like a huge increase of the money farms generate in the beginning which will slowly decrease as the era conteniue's?
Would require quite a different tactic of playing :smt069

Well this might be nice, the only way i can think about doing it would be the following.

Income Produce= [(100%+4*(countdown timer in seconds+1/ 60(sec)/(60mins)/24 hours]
Should be set up so that as the wave ends it gets to 104% income boosted but at the start its' 500%?
Oh well I enjoyed it, dont change too much ;p

which should mean the start of the wave income keeping is more important.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Neimenljivi wrote:Linking UP/techs to top might be good for smaller players but it isn't good in a bigger/wider scale. You already said that us, the top, don't agree with it because it gives smaller players a bigger chance to catch us but it's more than that - it's slowing the progression of the game. We keep waiting that someone else buys before we buy so we won't make it cheaper for rivals, thus the buying of UP is delayed for a few days after every 999.

Sabbing needs fixing - last night I got sabbed and in 1 sab I lost #1 def and #3 strike, totally whiped out. A week sooner, in 2 sabs I lost #1 strike completly and 1/3 of #1 defence. Something needs to be done about that.
Also when u fail with sabbing/spying someone u should lose 1/2 of scanners sent, as it was before, this era u lost as much as u'd lose if u'd succesfully sab someone with exact same amount of scanners.

Motherships are a bit too big I think. For instance I had 0.8tril defence, 0.7tril strike, 0.6tril scanner power, 1.1tril sensor power and 3,5tril MS power. I think if u divide it by factor of 3 it should even things out a bit more.

Military experience is messed up like mentioned above. Sabbing gives you more ME than everything else combined, + the numbers of sensors & scanners killed and lost are off (I lost 600k+ sensors and in my ME it was writen something like 35k). If it isn't fixed till next era I suggest u don't rank it as it was pretty lame this era, looking at how broken it was. I agree with Andrew that sabbing should be based on cost of weapons rather than power so it doesn't become ultra high at the end of the era with 1 sab.

A thing that has been agreed among most of the quantum comunity to add is a way to remove polarized sheilds (it'd cost you a market bonus turn). Personally I also would rather see sensor and scanner power to be combined when it comes to ranking it, I think it offered more strategy..

Also another suggestion to lower MS sniping - when you attack someone, MS can damage the opposite MS only as much as your strike is (and same with sheilds, they depend on your defence), while you still lose same % of sheilds/volleys each hit. So if someone was to mass your MS and he had say 1 bil GROUND strike, even if his MS had 1 tril strike, it'd only do 1 bil damage to your MS and if his defence was 10bil MS would only use 10bil sheild power (even if it had 2 tril sheild power, MS) and you had, say 100bil ground attack but only 100b strike on MS, your MS would attack back inflicting 100b damage on enemy's MS (sheild power that MS would be able to generate is again based at your ground defence). Your MS would overpower enemy's MS even though looking only at MSs, his was bigger. Enemy would thus lose a lot more sheilds and volleys.
With all stats being equalized, number-wise, noone could just build a big MS and go on parade, but would also need ground strike and defense to use a full potentional of his MS. Hope I've written it clear enough lol :P

Except for 2 bugged things (ME and sabbing) I loved this era, thanks a lot Jason :)

~Jack

Very good post, I have to say i agree with everything there.

Only thing i can add myself is that i think if a system of polar shield removal is introduced, then UP/techs should no longer be attached to the top.

Think about how easy it would be for any average player to just farm like an hour a week and then lots for a day near the end and he can wipe out anyone easily. polar shields are a strategy now, and removing them is gonna increase the number of annoying (and unstoppable) little bugs running around.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

introduce new weekly bonuses... make it questionable to ppt... but possible if player needs to be away. maybe covert - attack - def bonus by 2% if you choose to use this as weekly bonus. (maybe not the right percent but you get the point).

again i ask for the impossible again... make races unique... i like the thought that each race has a specialty ability unable to find out until later in wave... (like maybe 1 mil army size). this will also encourage people to build UP out of curiosity. which in turn helps the game.

maybe make a specialty bonus for first player to reach certain UP goals to have top players building UP early instead of waiting on each other...

maybe once a week have bonus for rank 123 rankings and have everyone know when it is gonna be to encourage more competition throughout game.example: every monday at one time and next week 12 hours later. to give everyone chance of being active at the time. and go back and forth.

alliances need more they can do. maybe have a alliance hive or something to help smaller players get bigger lvls. or something of the sort. have a max amount of alliance members. this will entice players to divide and make more wars available. with the cap on members... will ensure the amount of players will not be such a determining fact in alliance rankings but the better players combined.
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Forum wrote:the feedback, as i understood it, was that the idea of defendind an attack is good; the damage to realm is good; the 'random death' of units not good; the growth of farms good; the autogrowth of defence/up/etc good; the decreased tech/UP to 'catchup' based on closeness to top value is good (except for those at top who say not good); covert setup ok if cost of doing it increased; add what i forgot here...

I liked the attacking system.

Sabbing system needs changing, majorly, The more you sent, the more you destroyed, there was no maximum if you sent ALOT of scanners on a sabb you could criple rank 1 strike and def in 1 sabb and losing almost NOTHING and on a FAILED sabb you lost LESS then on a succesfull WTH?!

Growth of farms SUCKED, mostly due to the fact that untrained units didn't add to income, and the rate at which inactives had auto trained into miners was low...

Always have hated the decreased tech/UP it honestly slows down the game so much, you have no idea... IMO cost should be same for EVERYONE, sure people will whine because so and so got way more then they could at farm fest.. or because they didnt get anything at farm fest.. blah blah blah. You can always catch up missing farm fest means nothing..

ME needs to be fixed, sabbing only thing that recorded or added to ME at all, all wave tried to get it fixed several times at Admin meet, was told to tell Gary. Was told by Gary was being worked on... Never saw anything else on the subject. If it's not fixed by this wave dont even bother ranking it.

Random death of units comment, dont know what you mean I liked the death ratios fine after they were fixed half way through the wave.

To be completly honest, due to ME being bugged, Sabbing being messed up and poor growth rate of farms, this was one of the slowest progressing and dullest waves I've seen yet.

Also it taking halfway through the wave to fix some MAJOR bugs like massing rank 1 strike/def with no weapons when rank 1 strike/def was 150x higher then the 10k untrained units the person used was for example.

And then SOME other bugs not fixed the entire wave...

When 95% of the bugs were posted in the first week of the wave..

Why is there a bug section if it's not checked throughly AT LEAST once a week?

The wave had great potential, but the lack of maitenence ruined it.

My thoughts and oppinoins,

Kikaz
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Market

Change the turns available back to 1440 per day (never really needed to be increased)

Make the rest of the market useful.
Turns are hard to come by on Q.. so every1 buys them from the market constantly. Make the market have other options that might be worth missing out on some turns.
eg, you get a certain amount of weapons which cant be bought from the armory. Weapons which are twice as strong as top purchasable weapons.
ofc, the amount you get could not be fixed, as turns increase in naq value over the wave due to increasing farm size, so base the amount of weapons off of armysize or something.

---

Mil Exp

Fix sabbing.
Make the values more equaly weighted (viewtopic.php?p=1826607#p1826607)

---

Linked Costs

Have thought about this for a long time, it seriously slows the game down, but does mean no-one can run away from the field. I think we should keep it, because it makes things much more tactical, and prevents the game becoming a foregone conclusion halfway through the wave.

But I do like the idea of incentives for being first to an armysize milestone.
eg.
first person to 1m armysize gets 20% bonus to bank
secon person to 1m armysize gets 10% bonus to bank
third person to 1m armysize gets 5% bonus to bank
something along those lines. But preferably something different for each milestone. But no bonus should increase armysize directly.

Do not increase the input values for UP from 3 characters to 4-5 characters. What seems like a small change, would completely alter the era. But changing tech input values to 4 digits would be a good idea (as the cost for each individual tech point is calculated separately, even if you buy 9999)

---

Thats it for now I think.
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.
ID: 0

to me,
it seems like there is still a bug with sabbing,
it just might be the sheer amount of scanners that people send, but it seems like the lower ranked you are, the more weapons you sab, as in, you get a HUGE multiplier effect,
thing thing seemed to notice the same thing,
yesterday i lost 276 antimatters to someone who sent 1 mil sensors but was very low rank
and also, i think we should bring back that naq multiplier effect when you farmed someone higher rank than you, except without bugs :P
and there's also this weird bug (useless though) that when you attack with little or non-existent strike, the other side shows a defense of "massive armaments"

but great era, we all had fun : )

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

S1eepy wrote:Linked Costs

Have thought about this for a long time, it seriously slows the game down, but does mean no-one can run away from the field. I think we should keep it, because it makes things much more tactical, and prevents the game becoming a foregone conclusion halfway through the wave.

There has been so many mixed views on this its hard to go either way....how about changing it so that UP/techs are joined, but 50% (for example) less joined than normal. This would speed up the game, but still stop the tops being completely untouchable.

--

Also, I like the idea of bonus' for milestones very much.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)

Return to “Quantum Archives”