Congrats Era 20 - welcome Era 21

Records of the Eras that came before
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Congrats Era 20 - welcome Era 21

Kk the weird design is fixed, at least it works normally for me..

~Jack
Last edited by Neimenljivi on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
The AKH
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Exile Among You
Race: Monkey King
ID: 81183

Yep, went back to the good old Quantum Wars style about five hours ago...
Quantum ID=18980

We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods, And Leave Nothing In Our Wake
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

So, Turns on the daily market have been changed from 1440 per day, to 1200. Good idea, Im wondering if the turn generation has gone down aswell?
Not that it will make much difference, I spent the entire of last era over the 2000 maximum.

Font been fixed

I think the Stike bug has been fixed (killing strike weapons each hit). But not sure.

Edit: nope.. still loosing strike weapons even when the attacker doesn't breach the defence

Edit again.

Major bug.. ReTu cannot attack each other, and cannot use PPT.
You forgot to change those features when you copied change the name "Undead" to "Re'Tu"
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

just so folks know, i have been and am working my way through 'loose ends'
I should finish in the next day or 3.
at that point, or sometime during, i will do an update to the existing era to 'balance' it somewhat so that folks are not way way behind a week into it :)

some other fine tuning in attack etc. will be made as well....i will post the details once complete.

at this point, a lot of the bugs are gone and i am checking the bug forum, topic referenced in the first post of this thread....

so - "abandon all hope ye who enter here" ... while it sounds cool...is not applicable yet ;)

](*,) :-k 8-[ :smt117
Don't make me use this!!!
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Forum wrote:just so folks know, i have been and am working my way through 'loose ends'
I should finish in the next day or 3.
at that point, or sometime during, i will do an update to the existing era to 'balance' it somewhat so that folks are not way way behind a week into it :)

some other fine tuning in attack etc. will be made as well....i will post the details once complete.

at this point, a lot of the bugs are gone and i am checking the bug forum, topic referenced in the first post of this thread....

so - "abandon all hope ye who enter here" ... while it sounds cool...is not applicable yet ;)

](*,) :-k 8-[ :smt117

Good to see that you haven't forgotten about us :)
Well many of us believe that a reset should be in order as those who were bothered to farm at beginning (even though risking a chance for a reset to happen, and yeah it's our fault we didn't farm as well) have gotten very far away, not sure how you can balance it, without reseting all the stats and purchases of course..

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Zhar
Forum Irregular
Race: BAMF
ID: 5418

i guess he will give them ppt and minor boost to their up so they can be closer to sleepy. :razz:
S1eepy
Forum Elite

i really dont see the "balance" as an issue if every1 can farm..
see here viewtopic.php?p=1935705#p1935705
Zhar
Forum Irregular
Race: BAMF
ID: 5418

c'mon sleepy be real

1. there will be at least 50 people farming at the same time so you wont be able to farm 12b in days.
2. not everyone has a bank for 12b.
3. what about the billions we have as weapons, spy lvl ...? so they will need more naq, more turns, more time. but dont forget we will have more naq and turns. that gap will never be closed.
4. they have already missed 2 market turns (2400) which we have or farmed.

so reset was the best option.

p.s.
i'm scared that with those updates to "balance" the game and players we'll be stucked with more bugs.
S1eepy
Forum Elite

we are not that far ahead.. I have been farther behind than this. and come back to compete.

Armed & Dangerous wrote:1. there will be at least 50 people farming at the same time so you wont be able to farm 12b in days.
400 hits isnt that hard.. and I doubt there will be 50 people who all go for the whole lot/.. most will just farm emough for a UP ofr 6-7k..

Armed & Dangerous wrote:2. not everyone has a bank for 12b.
Go as asgard and store as weapons, 100% sell cost = free unlimited banking.. like I did to store the naq..

Armed & Dangerous wrote:3. what about the billions we have as weapons, spy lvl ...? so they will need more naq, more turns, more time. but dont forget we will have more naq and turns. that gap will never be closed.

weapons and spy levels arent important yet.. only UP

Armed & Dangerous wrote:4. they have already missed 2 market turns (2400) which we have or farmed.

1market turn, and not every1 will have missed it

--
Armed & Dangerous wrote:c'mon sleepy be real

Put it this way... were not getting a reset.. im trying to offer realistic alternative plans.
Scenester
Forum Regular

Still cant attack any farm by far.
And now noob users who can, have started attacking the actives who cant attack yet for **Filtered** amounts of naq soooo...
Never going to be able to catch up...let alone attack anyone ever!
Guess its just Goodbye and see ya next era then...
Since bugs are being fixed but the biggest issue of all isnt...
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

The farming itself isn't the problem (that some haven't planned things right from the beginning, it's what Quantum is all about, tactics and adjusting to new things, while I do believe that all newcomers should be able to get strike good enough to beat defenses of inactive ones, as they shouldn't be punished for starting late), the problem was that many of us who could have farmed didn't farm because we believed a reset will happen due to so many unsorted bugs and now everyone that expected a reset can farm for 30mil naq instead of 120mil naq average if we'd got any news from admin before the farm fest.
This also had a big effect on the need to balance things out now, usually the naq from farm fest goes to AT LEAST 30 people, now it went to, what, 8? Which is the reason those 8 got so far ahead. Granted a number of people planned things wrong and the number of people that were farming got decreased due to that aswell, but there're still some like me who didn't farm because we expected a reset and even if that naq from farm fest went to 16 people instead of 8, that'd balance things out A LOT more. And then there wouldn't be such need to balance things out because things would've gotten balanced by themselves.
Every farming fest benefits those who attend to it and those that didn't can still catch up fairly easily, because there're more people benefiting from it which means less naq average per player which means less stuff to catch up with.

So while one can argue that we've only got ourselves to blame for the gap because we haven't farmed..Well the results from pool about reset speak from themselves, that's what we were hoping for even before the farm fest started.. So if admin would told us that he wasn't gonna reset the game before the farm fest started, there wouldn't be the need to balance things out now.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Scenester
Forum Regular

Still gonna have to disagree,
Whats the need of several race's if everyone HAS to become the same one to be able to play.
Nothing to be planned anymore, def increases at a faster rate then naq, since its being farmed too... so no way of being able to play no matter how many more days we have to wait....
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

Well obviously it's possible for pretty much everyone to start farming, even new accounts after that future balance. Also the gap that farm fest caused will eventually close up, just like in previous eras, even if the difference is bigger this time.
On the other hand no matter how we look at it, without a reset this will stay a messed up era, even if all the bugs get sorted out. :roll:
Scenester
Forum Regular

Sorrow wrote:Well obviously it's possible for pretty much everyone to start farming, even new accounts after that future balance. Also the gap that farm fest caused will eventually close up, just like in previous eras, even if the difference is bigger this time.
On the other hand no matter how we look at it, without a reset this will stay a messed up era, even if all the bugs get sorted out. :roll:

You tell me how to farm then.
Avg Farms def with no weapons : 100mill
My income per 24hours : 85mill
antimatters cost : 53mill
1 antimatter adds: 12.5mill offensive power.
ill need lets say 10 of them to attack.
That costs 530mill and will take more then 6 days to generate.
This era has been here for 6 days now so the farms their def will have doubled!

I wont be able to attack as an asgard, period.
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

Scenester wrote:
My income per 24hours : 85mill

Are those miners on a riot? You have nearly 16k units, if all of them are trained into miners, that's 400*16000*48 for 24 hours, which is more than 300mill, even as an asgard.

Return to “Quantum Archives”