Congrats Era 20 - welcome Era 21

Records of the Eras that came before
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Congrats Era 20 - welcome Era 21

Also make spying COV vs COV but keep sabbing as COV vs AC. It is currently impossible to know if it is safe to spy someone... The only way of being sure that you wont fail is by having rank 1 AC and then building a COV higher than that.

And bring back MS :)

And make sabbing more useful than last wave, but less brutal than the wave before... I have a suggestion on this which I will post later.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Jason what you did to Quantum is marvelous. You brought it up to life the way it should be brought, you cared for it and you were there for us when we needed you. Lately this seems to be the problem, you aren't there for us when we need you.
Each time a new era is set, it's a bigger disaster. It looks as though you simply don't care what we want. Every new era is basically the same old era with some bugs fixed, bugs that should've been fixed long ago.
If you need more time to make a better era, we'll wait (although 3 months does seem quite a lot of time), if you need beta testing - we're there for you, if you ran out of ideas what kind of era to make, do check the Suggestions forum. It's kinda lost it's purpuse though, seeing that you don't read it, but it's got some wonderful ideas there that would make eras very interesting.

Quantum is dying. You don't give it the care it deserves and as you can see many people aren't satisfied by this, me included. Quantum was always a server that was way better than main and I bet it brought you more $$ too. Lately seeing how little attention it gets by you, I'm surprised anyone still supports it.. But you still do get your share, which isn't small I bet. It's going downhill pretty fast and it's about bloody time you do something about it. You're here on forums only for the first week or so, you should login and read the forums at least once per week, every week (of course the first week after era resets you have to check it at least once per day), so the bugs get fixed in a reasonable time and we're actually listened to. Unless you intend to do something about it it's probably better that you just shut down the server.

At least show us that you're willing to put some work in Quantum, otherwise there's no point in playing Quantum, at least for me. It provides me a nice $$ boost for my pocket (money that would otherwise go to you as I'd keep it in game, had the game been worth playing for real) and it'll stay like this unless something is done to make Quantum enjoyable again.

That being said, it's not that we don't appreciate everything you've done for us - we do, a lot..But it'll be better for all of us if you start giving Quantum the care it deserves again. More players will donate thus you'll get more $$ and you'll be happier, we'll get the game we enjoy again thus we'll be happy. It's a mutual benefit the way I see it.

Just my few cents on this matter anyway..

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
The AKH
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Exile Among You
Race: Monkey King
ID: 81183

Neimenljivi wrote: [spoiler]Jason what you did to Quantum is marvelous. You brought it up to life the way it should be brought, you cared for it and you were there for us when we needed you. Lately this seems to be the problem, you aren't there for us when we need you.
Each time a new era is set, it's a bigger disaster. It looks as though you simply don't care what we want. Every new era is basically the same old era with some bugs fixed, bugs that should've been fixed long ago.
If you need more time to make a better era, we'll wait (although 3 months does seem quite a lot of time), if you need beta testing - we're there for you, if you ran out of ideas what kind of era to make, do check the Suggestions forum. It's kinda lost it's purpuse though, seeing that you don't read it, but it's got some wonderful ideas there that would make eras very interesting.

Quantum is dying. You don't give it the care it deserves and as you can see many people aren't satisfied by this, me included. Quantum was always a server that was way better than main and I bet it brought you more $$ too. Lately seeing how little attention it gets by you, I'm surprised anyone still supports it.. But you still do get your share, which isn't small I bet. It's going downhill pretty fast and it's about bloody time you do something about it. You're here on forums only for the first week or so, you should login and read the forums at least once per week, every week (of course the first week after era resets you have to check it at least once per day), so the bugs get fixed in a reasonable time and we're actually listened to. Unless you intend to do something about it it's probably better that you just shut down the server.

At least show us that you're willing to put some work in Quantum, otherwise there's no point in playing Quantum, at least for me. It provides me a nice $$ boost for my pocket (money that would otherwise go to you as I'd keep it in game, had the game been worth playing for real) and it'll stay like this unless something is done to make Quantum enjoyable again.

That being said, it's not that we don't appreciate everything you've done for us - we do, a lot..But it'll be better for all of us if you start giving Quantum the care it deserves again. More players will donate thus you'll get more $$ and you'll be happier, we'll get the game we enjoy again thus we'll be happy. It's a mutual benefit the way I see it.

Just my few cents on this matter anyway..

~Jack
[/spoiler]

Hear, hear. Good points, Jack. :D
Quantum ID=18980

We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods, And Leave Nothing In Our Wake
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

looks like admin hit the reset button on last era and changed the era number and im guessing made some more bugs to put off even more people playin

am disapointed cant decide weather to play at the beggining as it needs resetting and some major changes
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Deerslayer
Fledgling Forumer

admin seems to be working on the new wave so lets not all count our chickens before they hatch. That's Hippy's job.
It is, what it is......
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Indeed, admin seems to be going to work with the stickytape.
Scenester
Forum Regular

Are we gonna get our glory of last era or what.
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie
ID: 0

Indeed I see admins working pretty fast, things changing all the time, its a good sign :)
Theres obviously still a few of the bigger things to fix up, and fairness issues, but that will come :)

As long as we can farm inactives come farm fest things should work out from there...
I still think a reset is in order though, and obviously im not sure how their systems work but, ideally if you could, please force all accounts to start the era as goauld, this will ensure the inactive accounts become the most profitable farms :)
(changing race no longer costs anything so, there should not be any complaints about starting an era as goauld)
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

This just supports ace

new era description. The symbiote based specie has taken over the know galaxy. The intergalactic council has introduced a new breed of fighters (re tu) to resist this invasion. It is up to you to resist or be controlled.
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

folks - all good points.
the innovation/changes on the last 2 eras of Q have been less than stellar. I will not shoot up excuses or try to explain why - lets just say " i know" ... :smt078

now - that said - I am going to keep working at Q-THIS ERA- until it is 'right' ...
I am looking here: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=155452 for bugs.

I am going through each page to ensure it works/is fair/balanced/updated where appropriate, etc.

Some things I am not going to add (back) this era - at least not until I get the other stuff that is there, right :)
As things stand right this second, I do not see any disasters coming when attacking starts :) but that is not to say I will not work up to and past that point....

The one that is confusing me now is this text size thing -where did that change? everywhere? some pages? main page? top?
maybe a screenshot :) as it looks ok to me....but i am using firefox/IE/opera and chrome so the 'what it should look like' gets a little jumbled at times.....

keeping at it!!
j.
Don't make me use this!!!
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

The first time I logged in yesterday my text was oversized pretty much everywhere. Now it looks normal again, both in opera and explorer.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

text has changed everywhere as far as i can see...

Here is a screenshot, but its pretty poor quality :oops:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5205/wierdqfont.png

I have been so busy with exams this week that my brain hurts too much to remember exactly how it is different...but it just is. lol.

The buttons such as "Educate!", "Downsize!" etc all look weird, and I think there are some spacing changes..or maybe some of the seperating lines are gone?...

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

I see you boosted the Goa'uld bonus to +30% income.

If replicator have a +50% covert bonus. That is the equivalent of 1 covert level. Last era the top covert levels were costing around 12t. Which is 24t when you combine both Covert and AC level.
Even with a 30% bonus. there is no way a goa'uld will make that much naq up.

Im not saying Goa'uld need more income bonus, income has the advantage of helping the player push ahead all era.. so I think 30% is enough.. But It might be worth considering lowering the replicator bonus by 10%. Or even by 5% might be enough change.. seen as it affects two ranked stats. Half your total rank.

Thats the last balancing issue I can see for races. Although the more I look at it.. the tastier the +60% strike bonus looks.. especially this era where its going to be hard to beat defences.
The AKH
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Exile Among You
Race: Monkey King
ID: 81183

HippyFool wrote:
The buttons such as "Educate!", "Downsize!" etc all look weird, and I think there are some spacing changes..or maybe some of the seperating lines are gone?...

ALL the separating lines are gone, as far as I can tell. :P
Quantum ID=18980

We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods, And Leave Nothing In Our Wake
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie
ID: 0

Forum wrote:Some things I am not going to add (back) this era - at least not until I get the other stuff that is there, right :)
As things stand right this second, I do not see any disasters coming when attacking starts :) but that is not to say I will not work up to and past that point....

You sure about that???
I have 600 attack weaps and still my attack is 10 times less then my defence, and I have no defence weapons...
Theres not enough naq being generated to buy enough strike to farm anything, and i'm a goauld!!!

Only 2 things that should be re-added as is, since there was nothing wrong with them;
5% cost on bank deposit for all races except goauld... (im probably not going to stick with goauld this era so don't think im only saying that for my benefit)

MOTHERSHIPS!!!!!
I dont like that 50% of all rankable stats are covered under a single 50% repli bonus...
Rank ME or Rank MS... don't give repli such a huge bonus with those stats... It really is a game winner...

Return to “Quantum Archives”