Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Congrats Era 20 - welcome Era 21

OK - aim this era:
fix imbalances/bugs
cool new stuff
change focus

see game updates for what is done :)
i think it will be a great era. will see how people feel as it goes....

and before we do much more drastic stuff, want to ensure our ratios/balances are good... ie damage per attack; weapons destroyed per sab; race balances ;etc etc...

will be doing some more updates over next day or 3, and checking bugs regularily...

but off for the night now :)

power to the people!!! and the non-people!! :smt117
Don't make me use this!!!
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.
ID: 0

Re: Congrats Era 20 - welcome Era 21

what trickz
Weapon Costs
You will note that, unlike last era, the cost per point decreases with larger and larger weapons -not increases.

and this
Break it or Bust
If you cannot break a defence, -ie overpower it with offense- it is not damaged. It is therefore vitally important to ensure your offense is up to the job, or it is a wasted attack. You gain nothing, and they lose nothing.

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
torak
Fledgling Forumer

Some very interesting improvements, will be interesting to see how these play out. alot more strategy this era.
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=155442

Maybe admin will read this forum and not the bugs one, so heres a link...

I refuse to start era 21 until you get your **Filtered** together, fix the GnR and restart I don't care, but im not playing until its fixed...

PS; The style sheet is also broken and it is insulting my eyes with big blocky text :mad:

I tell you what I see when I read game updates,
Miners making less then half the amount of last era, so let me say welcome to the era of the extremely limited naq...
As for the basic concept of the era 'unbreakable defences' I already had one of those, LAST ERA, nothing has changed except the name basically... and you added a spider race and changed the race percentage bonus's to WAAAAY too high...
You guys dont seem to be putting in the effort that you used to....
Sorry to see that motherships didn't return, and you have yet to create a suitable reason/excuse why these aren't needed in a quantumverse that obviously relies on space travel...

So first impressions, not good.. the blocky text from the broken style sheet didn't even add to that feeling, this era is going downhill faster then a baby in a shopping cart...

PPS:
Just noticed, there are still pages around that refer to alliance's as "Fleets" from 2 era's ago, and army size in Zettatonnes...
I swear to god, all you did is change the number 20 to 21 and change the name of the era, nothing appears different to last era, except attack going back to NORMAL (Att vs DEF).
Still 5AT max, but now farms are going to be 1/2 as big, and we'll probably have to use 3 times as many turns to get the same amounts as last era.
Are we to believe that "Every planet has a ring in this universe, and so space travel never took off, travelling to other planets remains cheap because of this (5AT max attacks)"
Wow that's original...

I vote put this era back in the oven, she's not done yet...
I'm prepared to wait until its decent and i'm sure many others will too, but this is going to be a shocking era otherwise...

Also I just noticed, I thought that I'd read that this era weapons would not add to army size, but they most definately are...
HippyFool
Forum Elder

I have been on Q for about 3 mins. Alliances cannot be created. This = BUG. I am with ace, keep it in the oven till it's baked n proper!

Also, how can goauld even think about competing against those insane bonus' lol?

EDIT - also with Ace, please fix the GnR from last wave ;)

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie

Nobody even bother being goauld... Its stupidly underpowered...
Same with that new race, probably expecting people to jump on board cause its new for this era only but, I suppose in a way its good, it gives you a nice balance between a few stats you want... But its still heavily underpowered by the 50 and 60% bonus's of the other races...

Like beating a replicator at covert wasnt hard enough, now he can be 2 covert levels below you and STILL smash you...
Needless to say, rank 1's are going to go to whichever race the person picks, asgard will get rank 1 def, tauri rank 1 strike and repli OBVIOUSLY rank 1 cov/ac...

[/rant]

I miss that excitement that I used to feel when starting a new era, I haven't felt it to be honest since the era of the undead....

EDIT:
I just had a thought, you could balance the Goa'uld by giving them a 50% income bonus and re-instating the 5% cost to other races for depositing naq into the bank... or a 40% increase... something along those lines, I'd stick with goa'uld then :)

EDIT X2: :smt115
Make _ALL_ accounts Goauld at the start of the era, give goauld a decent income bonus, give everyone 2 extra race change's to cover for that, and then, the inactives would actually turn into decent farms, thus fixing the decrease in income per miner...
Sounds like a good step to me, what you reckon??
Also if you need people to test era's before you release them, i'd gladly help out :-k

Break it or Bust
If you cannot break a defence, -ie overpower it with offense- it is not damaged. It is therefore vitally important to ensure your offense is up to the job, or it is a wasted attack. You gain nothing, and they lose nothing.

That is cool ;)
Last edited by Ace1102 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

1. Fix the bugs

2. Release the era

3. Maintain the Era

All we have been getting for a while is #2

I would advise you close this era before any farming takes place, so it will fair to all, open it on beta, and let people find the bugs, so you can fix them.. THEN release the actual era once it is ready. People are willing to wait for a decent era.

But.. that would just be advice.. its more likely to be patched together with stickytape so it can just about survive 3months and another can be rolled out (probably requiring more tape)
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Indeed, release a beta for us to play with. It won't take long to find all the bugs...

In saying that, you would need to give us a decent amount of starting resources so we could test att/def/cov properly.

If this stuff isn't fixed, TCC might have to be renamed to USSBB.. USS Buyer Bashers :P

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Zhar
Forum Irregular
Race: BAMF
ID: 5418

S1eepy wrote:dont retire now.. at least wait and see if the new wave is any good..

:-"

p.s. i'll join USSBB :smt047
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

please delete era and open it again in december....

no race tech= suck
no mother shop= suck
no allaince = suck
half income = suck
10x costs for units = suck
new bug text killing my eyes = suck
race imbalance = suck
new race = ok
no glory = suck

you ignoring us :cry: = suck

so far new era = suck

and i have only played 2 mins

Admin this forum will be helpful if you checked every well lets say 3 months??

viewforum.php?f=96
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
S1eepy
Forum Elite

Ok... Before my boss actualy fires me for doing no work.

New era has half the resources.. But a larger % of UU gets autotrained to miners?
Means farms will be proportionately bigger. I like this.. But still think we have too many turns.
(for those who argue against smaller income;
it doesn't matter how big the numbers get.. It's all proportionate to what is available

Race bonuses are probably going to be changed over the next few days.. But remember, Gould lost a big advantage when you made banking free for all races. The income boost is usefull, but not overpowering - especialy with the size of farms and abundance of ATs. So don't leave them underpowered.

Techs.
Def techs add a % aswell as a numerical bonus to defence. Not a big fan of this.. As it will make farming any1 very difficult, especialy at the start, with the cheap first load of techs, and the natural growth of techs (which I also think is unnecessary, but minor)
I just hope to god the numerical bonus is added AFTER the %.
So if 1tech gives+1% and 50,000def
100techs give +100% and 5,000,000def
and don't give +100% and 10,000,000def otherwise weapons will be non existant.

Bring motherships back. Plain and simple, I miss them as do others.

Change covert/anticovert back to 1rank. At the moment, half your ranked stats are covert.. Which is a major advantage to repli (more so this era)

that's it for now. Lots of ideas around.. And hopes of a working era. Time for me to earn my bread (I'll still be reading, just not posting because it gets noticed)
S1eepy
Forum Elite

Forum wrote:You will note that, unlike last era, the cost per point decreases with larger and larger weapons -not increases.

[-X

cost of smallest weapon 10,000
cost of biggest weapon 160,000,000

1top weapon = 16,000 bottom weapons.

1 top weapon power = 2,900,000
16,000 bottom weapons = 32,000,000

my gould defence weapons (it's the same with strike weapons)

------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
weapons power and cost updated. Now it's
3.7x more effective to buy tops.

Woo :roll:
The AKH
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Exile Among You
Race: Monkey King
ID: 81183

S1eepy wrote:
Forum wrote:You will note that, unlike last era, the cost per point decreases with larger and larger weapons -not increases.

[-X

cost of smallest weapon 10,000
cost of biggest weapon 160,000,000

1top weapon = 16,000 bottom weapons.

1 top weapon power = 2,900,000
16,000 bottom weapons = 32,000,000

my gould defence weapons (it's the same with strike weapons)

I think (hope!) what Forum means is that bigger weapons are cheaper to repair. We won't actually see if/how that pans out until the shooting starts.
Quantum ID=18980

We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods, And Leave Nothing In Our Wake
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

pushing my recruitment link is redundant since it comes up with a blue screen and noone can see the code

http://quantumgate.gatewars.com/recruit ... 1257610635

can someone check pleasE?
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Zhar
Forum Irregular
Race: BAMF
ID: 5418

you dont need the code just press the "enter code" button. :-D

Return to “Quantum Archives”