Congrats Era 20 - welcome Era 21

Records of the Eras that came before
Zhar
Forum Irregular
Race: BAMF
ID: 5418

Re: Congrats Era 20 - welcome Era 21

you need more than 20k small weapons to get through that defense (more than 200 mil naq). #-o

about the font that is messed up:
i've opened index page in macromedia dreamweaver and in Q you have "default font" (which in this case is times new roman) but in main the font is "geneva, arial, helvetica, sans-serif". and that default font in Q is really hurting my eyes as well.

Q glory is updated \:D/
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie
ID: 0

Offence Power 1,171,380 Ranked: 23
Defence Power 11,659,620 Ranked: 669

The techs have grown automagically, and now that first farm seems so much further away....
I've spent 24 hours worth of naq on strike weaps and Im still nowhere near being able to farm an inactive account :(

If there is no reset, its going to take a week of saving to even come close, and then the techs are growing every day also, It really seems like a losing battle...
Something needs to be changed, probably the naq production per miner... Jack it up all the ways!! Lets have an era of lots of naq :)
Ace1102
Forum Irregular

Something screwy is going on...
I had no UU when I posted my last msg, and my stats havent changed...
But check this out now, the very next turn with no changes...

Offence Power 1,171,380 Ranked: 9
Defence Power 11,659,620 Ranked: 18

EDIT:
Possible fix, Turn off automagically growing defence techs, its a great idea but, atleast for the start it seems it will make things a little too hardcore...
Maybe make it grow a percentage of the top tech instead, as at the moment it would take about 4.5 hours to save enough for 1 tech, that should slow things up enough to hit the inactives come farm fest...
I like that defence techs add raw power to defence, but I can also see someone buying tonnes of them and having no weapons and still being able to defend against most attacks :P
torak
Fledgling Forumer

Ace1102 wrote:Something screwy is going on...

EDIT:
Possible fix, Turn off automagically growing defence techs, its a great idea but, atleast for the start it seems it will make things a little too hardcore...
Maybe make it grow a percentage of the top tech instead, as at the moment it would take about 4.5 hours to save enough for 1 tech, that should slow things up enough to hit the inactives come farm fest...
I like that defence techs add raw power to defence, but I can also see someone buying tonnes of them and having no weapons and still being able to defend against most attacks :P

Your rank 18 defence isn't even close to being safe, mwahahahahahahaha. No point in me attacking you anyway. Inactives have so much more naq out
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

Or maybe you could lower the defense bonus techs give. Right now its 105000/tech based on my calculations. If it was halved for example it would still give the boost, while making it easier to build a high enough strike. Well, the farm fest will probably be delayed anyway, but if inactives' defense keeps growing at this rate, we are looking forward to a really slow wave.

Defence Power 17,325,000 Ranked: 4

That's an asgard's defense with no weapons/untrained. I'm not even sure what makes it rank 4, as every inactive asgard should have same/higher, right?
Last edited by Sorrow on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
The AKH
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Exile Among You
Race: Monkey King
ID: 81183

Ace1102 wrote:Something screwy is going on...

That's odd. My defence is slightly higher than that, yet it's ranked 643. :-k

EDIT: It seems to have updated (corrected?) itself on the turnchange.
Last edited by The AKH on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantum ID=18980

We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods, And Leave Nothing In Our Wake
Zhar
Forum Irregular
Race: BAMF
ID: 5418

@ Forum
it's promising that you will work on the entire era fixing bugs "to ensure it works/is fair/balanced/updated where appropriate, etc."

but this era looking like this is still a beta and i have a strange feeling that there will be some fix in the last minute and only few will benefit from it. so, RESET and start the era when everything is done properly.

nuf said for this subject.
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Ancient

Nice to see that alot of the bugs and inconsistencies are being resolved quickly.

Just wanted to also strongly agree with everyone that motherships NEED to come back...

I'd also be more than happy to wait a few extra days inbetween each era and play a more refined and seamless server than this era's predecessors (sorry to keep bashing on the recent era's soo much)

^^^^
In addition i'd love to give a "Dev Server" a crack b4 the flood gates were opened *time permitting* :cry:

anyway, enough out of me ;)

Thnx
Ace1102
Forum Irregular

It seems fairly unanimous, everyone is calling for a reset...
@Forum, for $hits and giggles, you should make miners make like 10 bil per turn each, that way we can test out the attacking/defending before you reset the era :P
alucard110
Forum Irregular

Ace1102 wrote:It seems fairly unanimous, everyone is calling for a reset...
@Forum, for $hits and giggles, you should make miners make like 10 bil per turn each, that way we can test out the attacking/defending before you reset the era :P

pffft... why not live a little.... if we're going to reset anyway make everyone's income something in the 100's of Trillions....... hehehe....

LVL 50 covert & AC here i come :P
Ace1102
Forum Irregular

I would come off PPT right now, and i'd drag a few others along with me, we can have our own little mass fest..
Ofcourse with <4000 army size each, nobody will be able to bank anything lol..

I can fit a MASSIVE 2.2 billion in my bank right now, lol :)

@Alucard, go on MSN you donkey!!! :)
alucard110
Forum Irregular

lol, and lol.. Howz about No... i'll get you on MSN later as i'm off to sleep because some of us have jobs :P lol

anyway, here's hoping for a reset ;) *not that some of the changes aren't great* but fix it, and reset it ;)
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

I cant see a reset happening. I'm in favor of one... but ONLY if it comes before the farm fest. People who put effort in to farm then will be pissed off if its reset after that. Especially seen as this fest seems to be the hardest to take part in. I wont be at the farm fest.. so its not even for my benefit.. but resetting after the farmfest would not be fair.

Reset now.. or at least announce that their will be a reset after some testing has gone on. Just so every1 is clear
alucard110
Forum Irregular

S1eepy wrote:Reset now.. or at least announce that their will be a reset after some testing has gone on. Just so every1 is clear

Agreed 100%... let us know now how hard we should actually try at the farm fest! cause i'd be MIGHTY Pissed if i bust my arse and then it gets reset... cause i only have so much effort to exude on tabbing so much ONCE an era..

EDIT: Thats assuming i actually manage to buy the strike and actually be around to have a crack at the farms :P
Ace1102
Forum Irregular

Well, if you notice your income per turn go up to 99999999999999999999999999999 naquadah/turn, then it'll be a pretty concise indication that a reset is coming....
But I can't see THAT happening anywhere except in my dreams :-k

Agreed though, announce a reset so we're clear its definately coming...
ATM Im not doing much in game because I was fairly certain after all thats happened already this era, that there would be a reset when the bugs are fixed and the playing field is even...

Return to “Quantum Archives”