here comes..... 22 :)

Records of the Eras that came before
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Re: here comes..... 22 :)

And kill spies, sab def to managable level, kill all def supers for very little cost.

The old battle system worked well..

Your def protected your spies
your spies protects your weapons

so building both high protects you

Now.. We can kill spies v easily, so defence is not safe. If defence is not safe, and spies are not safe, accounts are vulnerable. That is the whole point of the era is it not? It's been made well.. The idea has been made into an era very well, I just feel the idea is a bit too chaotic, and will result in destruction for anyone who tries to do well.. By every1 who can't do that well.

It's the best wave ever made for snipers. And we all know how much we love them. (and to top it all off.. We can't even trust farming.. Because we can lose our entire strike while trying to farm... Unless we spy every account before we farm it.. Which is impossible)
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

S1eepy wrote:And kill spies, sab def to managable level, kill all def supers for very little cost.

Now.. We can kill spies v easily, so defence is not safe. If defence is not safe, and spies are not safe, accounts are vulnerable. That is the whole point of the era is it not? It's been made well.. The idea has been made into an era very well, I just feel the idea is a bit too chaotic, and will result in destruction for anyone who tries to do well.. By every1 who can't do that well.

It's the best wave ever made for snipers. And we all know how much we love them. (and to top it all off.. We can't even trust farming.. Because we can lose our entire strike while trying to farm... Unless we spy every account before we farm it.. Which is impossible)

I just expect to lose my strike every hit now...kinda a nice surprise when it's still there :-D
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

S1eepy wrote:And kill spies, sab def to managable level, kill all def supers for very little cost.

actually it seems ams dont do anything useful except kill miners and uu... def supers and spies are immune :shock:
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

I like the new addition of the founding race pic. It lets us know in advance if a hologram is a possibility. Although I suppose the fortification tech would give us that info as well...but the pic makes it very obvious.
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Ancient

Bloody noobs throwing their entire army's worth of AMS's at me... (9000 units dead) i'm going to have to do something about that... not to mention any names "HARVEY" but if you do decide to continue playing this era you're not going to enjoy it...
alucard110
Forum Irregular

what are the best counter measures to defend your own miners from AMS's... just to ensure that you have a massive defense... how about a seperate AMS function to attack miners and the "normal" attack with them that actively targets AC, Attack troops and UU's etc... but also how about that the AMS don't "deploy" unless you want them too...??
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.

alucard110 wrote:what are the best counter measures to defend your own miners from AMS's... just to ensure that you have a massive defense... how about a seperate AMS function to attack miners and the "normal" attack with them that actively targets AC, Attack troops and UU's etc... but also how about that the AMS don't "deploy" unless you want them too...??

i already said it man
epic anticovert and epic defense makes a two-fold defense

assuming it's covert vs anticovert when sabbing

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
jabujabu
Forum Regular

Apogryph wrote:
do you?

Apogryph wrote:well that certainly changes things a little... my mistake lol

yes i did, i saw your post before posting and posted mine INTENTIONALLY, so that you would start reading the posts that have been made in this thread

now back on topic...

Spoiler
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

jabujabu wrote:
alucard110 wrote:what are the best counter measures to defend your own miners from AMS's... just to ensure that you have a massive defense... how about a seperate AMS function to attack miners and the "normal" attack with them that actively targets AC, Attack troops and UU's etc... but also how about that the AMS don't "deploy" unless you want them too...??

i already said it man
epic anticovert and epic defense makes a two-fold defense

assuming it's covert vs anticovert when sabbing

It's covert vs. covert, I've done alot of sabbing already...
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
renegadze
Forum Elite

Do I assume that if loads of my miners get killed my naq then starts to leak out of my bank?

because that's really going to suck for people that haven't brought waves of USS's
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
alucard110
Forum Irregular

renegadze wrote:Do I assume that if loads of my miners get killed my naq then starts to leak out of my bank?

because that's really going to suck for people that haven't brought waves of USS's

No... i'd be VERY suprised if that were the case, i can say that during the last era's if you filled your bank, untrained all your miners, your NAQ would still just be there...
Apogryph
Forum Elite

jabujabu wrote:
Apogryph wrote:
do you?

Apogryph wrote:well that certainly changes things a little... my mistake lol

yes i did, i saw your post before posting and posted mine INTENTIONALLY, so that you would start reading the posts that have been made in this thread

now back on topic...

very mature :lol:

kikaz be right, covert vs covert for sabbing. But, then you would know that if you read the first post in this thread right? :lol:

and alucard is correct, unless admin changed it your naq stays in your bank even if your miners are reduced.
jabujabu
Forum Regular

Forum wrote:ok - i feel bad. the last few eras i had big dreams, big plans, big big big....
then it flew away on me ... and what was left was not so good...

so - as much as i wanted a 'new shiny quantum' that would live up to my plans and dreams...this era i elected for a more realistic (although also a lot more work than i thought) quantumverse.
anyway -for those that stuck it out, congratulations!! you are surely the better for it ;) ... in particular to those that stepped up, and finished at/in the top!! you know who you are :)

anyway...
its 'main style' back -- so attack attacks; defenders defend; and everyone goes to the armory before a battle :) --and yes, motherships come along :)

now - the twist? yup, a biggy...

anti-matter weaponry. expensive upgrades. a 50% ante (attack vs. def) to come play...

these 3 things, the more I think on it, the more it will be a very strategic round. add to that a 'slower start' and the whole fear of losing out on the first day, if you miss the big farm, is gone too... gotta play to win :)

like usual, code is fickle (took last 2 hours to find one last bug!! which was why the stutter start...) -- so post the bugs. i do not think there will be too many, as ive been busy busy testing...but with anything new....and smart users ;)

so - hopefully this era will be the "finally the good times are back in quantum" era... if not, ive got a hunka anti-matter ready.....just put it in the server drive.. and ....

so - thank you for your patience to date, and hopefully everyone will enjoy a great era.

jason.
ps - 2am for me, so to bed for now. will catch up in the AM or early PM :)

also - i have made an 'easy reset' button, in case something goes drasticly wrong. if everything is smooth and fair, though, no need to press the button :) but hopefully people feel better knowing its an option....

also also -- any upgrades made during last 3 or 4 eras, are not necessarily here..although i did get a few of them..if there was an easy/quick/good upgrade that got 'rolled back' just let me know and maybe i can re-add it ... thats another issue with going back/forth in time/quantumversus...one leaves a lot of good stuff (ie code enhancements) behind, if one forgets to port it..

so where be it, apo?
i know for one thing admin never answered if it was covert vs anti or covert vs covert...

Spoiler
Apogryph
Forum Elite

jabujabu wrote:
Forum wrote:ok - i feel bad. the last few eras i had big dreams, big plans, big big big....
then it flew away on me ... and what was left was not so good...

so - as much as i wanted a 'new shiny quantum' that would live up to my plans and dreams...this era i elected for a more realistic (although also a lot more work than i thought) quantumverse.
anyway -for those that stuck it out, congratulations!! you are surely the better for it ;) ... in particular to those that stepped up, and finished at/in the top!! you know who you are :)

anyway...
its 'main style' back -- so attack attacks; defenders defend; and everyone goes to the armory before a battle :) --and yes, motherships come along :)

now - the twist? yup, a biggy...

anti-matter weaponry. expensive upgrades. a 50% ante (attack vs. def) to come play...

these 3 things, the more I think on it, the more it will be a very strategic round. add to that a 'slower start' and the whole fear of losing out on the first day, if you miss the big farm, is gone too... gotta play to win :)

like usual, code is fickle (took last 2 hours to find one last bug!! which was why the stutter start...) -- so post the bugs. i do not think there will be too many, as ive been busy busy testing...but with anything new....and smart users ;)

so - hopefully this era will be the "finally the good times are back in quantum" era... if not, ive got a hunka anti-matter ready.....just put it in the server drive.. and ....

so - thank you for your patience to date, and hopefully everyone will enjoy a great era.

jason.
ps - 2am for me, so to bed for now. will catch up in the AM or early PM :)

also - i have made an 'easy reset' button, in case something goes drasticly wrong. if everything is smooth and fair, though, no need to press the button :) but hopefully people feel better knowing its an option....

also also -- any upgrades made during last 3 or 4 eras, are not necessarily here..although i did get a few of them..if there was an easy/quick/good upgrade that got 'rolled back' just let me know and maybe i can re-add it ... thats another issue with going back/forth in time/quantumversus...one leaves a lot of good stuff (ie code enhancements) behind, if one forgets to port it..

so where be it, apo?
i know for one thing admin never answered if it was covert vs anti or covert vs covert...

:roll:

read the bold text... main style means it works the same as main, which is covert vs covert, for spying and sabbing.
Scenester
Forum Regular

Then whats the use for anti covert? :-s
Mothership The PukingRainbow

Return to “Quantum Archives”