here comes..... 22 :)

Records of the Eras that came before
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: here comes..... 22 :)

Ace1102 wrote:
Should lose one or the other, have a galactic alert level or have 5 attacks in 30 seconds, but don't have both... its silly :(

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

Ace1102 wrote:2 more things I have noticed over this era, apart from the AMS thing that is muchly annoying at this point of the game...
The idea behind the AMS is good, but it needs a little more refinement, ie, AMS should not be deploying from a defending army, and able to kill miners on the attacking army...
Honestly, I NEVER bring my miners out to battle, so how the hell are defending AMS's able to reach my home planet to kill miners...

Anyway, the 2 things I have issue with now;

1) How to calculate top UP, there is no pop-up over the total/day UP anymore, this is something that needs to come back... we all NEEEEDS it...

2) You've left the galactic alert level thingo in place, but you've also hit us with another 'unseen' alert level device, you cannot attack ANYTHING more then 5 times in 30 seconds...
That is total crap, so not only can someone go on critical and you cant attack them more then xx in xx seconds, you cant even attack/farm anybody more then 5 times in 30 seconds as an extra incentive to not use your AT's...

Should lose one or the other, have a galactic alert level or have 5 attacks in 30 seconds, but don't have both... its silly :(

defending AMS only kill attack units and ac units. Not knowing the top UP at all times makes things more challenging, but it is not essential. I do, however, agree with you that the attack delay thing is retarded.
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.
ID: 0

Apogryph wrote:
I do, however, agree with you that the attack delay thing is retarded.

what is wrong with it?
keeps you active...and allows for the defender during massings to actually have a chance...

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
Apogryph
Forum Elite

jabujabu wrote:
Apogryph wrote:

what is wrong with it?
keeps you active...and allows for the defender during massings to actually have a chance...

having realm alert and an attack delay is pointless. Also, in this wave, neither of them will make a shred of difference as someone can remove your entire defence in 1 hit and there is nothing the defender can do about it.
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

Is there anyway we can get AMS to only go off if there are at least 100units to kill? I can see someone untraining all their AC using a few 1ATs (with only 1 attack soldier trained) to clear your AMS and then massing you after the AMS are gone. Rather cheap and exploitive as the AMS are just wasted then (killing 1+ units).
Dr. Daniel Jackson
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Phoenix Foundation
Race: Archeologist
ID: 28147

Thade wrote:Is there anyway we can get AMS to only go off if there are at least 100units to kill? I can see someone untraining all their AC using a few 1ATs (with only 1 attack soldier trained) to clear your AMS and then massing you after the AMS are gone. Rather cheap and exploitive as the AMS are just wasted then (killing 1+ units).

but by doing that, it removes the "slow down the farming" affect when they are present...
Incase you hadn't noticed, I am roleplaying... :roll:
jabujabu
Forum Regular

Apogryph wrote:
jabujabu wrote:
Apogryph wrote:

what is wrong with it?

having realm alert and an attack delay is pointless. Also, in this wave, neither of them will make a shred of difference as someone can remove your entire defence in 1 hit and there is nothing the defender can do about it.

remember...you need at least half their defense for any AMS to launch
AND defense supers can't be destroyed...

Spoiler
renegadze
Forum Elite

jabujabu wrote:
Apogryph wrote:
jabujabu wrote:
Apogryph wrote:

what is wrong with it?

remember...you need at least half their defense for any AMS to launch
AND defense supers can't be destroyed...

I know that's how it is...but surely you should have to beat their def to kill their miners, I mean technically the attack is not defended lol
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

i will answer this as i have all the answers :)
AMS) defending AMS only get attacking units (attack merc; attack sold; attack super sold; AC) and no miner/defender/uu
1) ya-= it'll come back.
2) alert level stops PLAYER A from HITTING PLAYER B without a delay in between.
new script tool stops PLAYER A FROM HITTING PLAYER (x,y,z,etc) MORE THAN 5 times 30 seconds. It does not stop you from hitting the same player over and over.
SO really they are 2 tools: 1 is to slow massing; other is to slow/stop script farming or 'tab farmers' from getting the whole server before anyone with a slower connection/computer/time available can get a single one.
I could integrate and remove alert, but enforce a 5 hits / 30 seconds NO MATTER WHAT... its an option. (opposed to 5 max different accounts per 30 seconds)

Ace1102 wrote:2 more things I have noticed over this era, apart from the AMS thing that is muchly annoying at this point of the game...
The idea behind the AMS is good, but it needs a little more refinement, ie, AMS should not be deploying from a defending army, and able to kill miners on the attacking army...
Honestly, I NEVER bring my miners out to battle, so how the hell are defending AMS's able to reach my home planet to kill miners...

Anyway, the 2 things I have issue with now;

1) How to calculate top UP, there is no pop-up over the total/day UP anymore, this is something that needs to come back... we all NEEEEDS it...

2) You've left the galactic alert level thingo in place, but you've also hit us with another 'unseen' alert level device, you cannot attack ANYTHING more then 5 times in 30 seconds...
That is total crap, so not only can someone go on critical and you cant attack them more then xx in xx seconds, you cant even attack/farm anybody more then 5 times in 30 seconds as an extra incentive to not use your AT's...

Don't make me use this!!!
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

how would they do that?
Apogryph wrote:...in this wave, neither of them will make a shred of difference as someone can remove your entire defence in 1 hit and there is nothing the defender can do about it.
Apogryph
Forum Elite

Forum wrote:how would they do that?
Apogryph wrote:...in this wave, neither of them will make a shred of difference as someone can remove your entire defence in 1 hit and there is nothing the defender can do about it.

by using ams to kill all def units.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

AMS does not kill def supers, as def supers have AMS counter measures that cause them to prematurely explode. so they avoid them.

Apogryph wrote:

Apogryph
Forum Elite

well that certainly changes things a little... my mistake lol
jabujabu
Forum Regular

Apogryph wrote:

sorry to be rude...but do you ever read posts?
i posted at least twice in this thread (one recently) that defense supers cannot be killed
not to mention that admin has posted this many times...

Spoiler
Apogryph
Forum Elite

jabujabu wrote:
Apogryph wrote:

sorry to be rude...but do you ever read posts?
i posted at least twice in this thread (one recently) that defense supers cannot be killed
not to mention that admin has posted this many times...

do you?

Apogryph wrote:well that certainly changes things a little... my mistake lol

Return to “Quantum Archives”