Era 27 - Time Loops

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Era 27 - Time Loops

OK - sorry for the slight stutter start on this -- ran into some issues I did not expect when doing final testing...

Anyway - looking good now ;)

Will update game updates, but the basics are pretty simple, and have consequences I am sure I have not thought of yet, like all good updates ;)

It is a 'normal' era, in most respects...
except..
attacking an sabotaging use enough energy in this quantum verse that a time loop is instigated.
A time loop repeats history over and over -in this case the attack or sab...
The loop is not you though-- once you have done your action, you're done... the time ghosts are totally independent from you.

I have set the 'loop factor' to 5 .. and the 'loop delay' to 24hours.
SO after each attack or sab - expect an identical one 24hours later, for 5 days in a row.
These timeloops are REAL in that they WILL damage you, steal naq, etc...
(the 'creator' of the time loop does NOT get the naq, nor do their weapons degrade, etc etc ... again the time loop is independent of the initial creator.)

There is time for fine tuning, but I am hoping it is fairly well setup as is... although I have been wrong before :)
Don't make me use this!!!
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Era 27 - Time Loops

If the loop creates a past version of yourself, does it actually create a new account (like in the clones era) that you can attack?

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

no - it is like a ghost in that it 'materializes' to do/re-do the action that created it, (where it is stuck in the time loop!) and then phases back into pure potential until the next 'cycle' that draws it out again....
so basicly it comes, kicks ass, then fades away ...then repeat :)

HippyFool wrote:If the loop creates a past version of yourself, does it actually create a new account (like in the clones era) that you can attack?
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Ok, and it uses the exact same attack/sabbing power? So once attacked/sabbed you have 24 hours to get higher defense/covert than the attacker/sabber in order to make them fail?

And, also, are all unit values the same as last era? Income from miners, covert etc etc

Forum wrote:no - it is like a ghost in that it 'materializes' to do/re-do the action that created it, (where it is stuck in the time loop!) and then phases back into pure potential until the next 'cycle' that draws it out again....
so basicly it comes, kicks ass, then fades away ...then repeat :)

HippyFool wrote:If the loop creates a past version of yourself, does it actually create a new account (like in the clones era) that you can attack?

High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

So

If i massed Hippy...

today

for the next 5 days he would be getting massed at the same time, or sabbed

Further this is SERIOUSLY going to screw up farming!
Since the naq will just be disappearing into nothingness

People will have to do shorter and shorter return periods of the attacks to keep ahead of their own accout that hasn't happen yet but will.

So can we Unlink top techs/ UP
Keep the growth for UP but not increase UP or UP related costs so that everyone needs to pay the same for the UP.

Then can you increase the income from miners by 1.5-2.0 times
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
HippyFool
Forum Elder

High Empty wrote:So

If i massed Hippy...

today

Further this is SERIOUSLY going to screw up farming!

People will have to do shorter and shorter return periods of the attacks to keep ahead of their own accout that hasn't happen yet but will.

So can we Unlink top techs/ UP
Keep the growth for UP but not increase UP or UP related costs so that everyone needs to pay the same for the UP.

Yeah I was just thinking about how bad innactive farming is going to become. It is either going to be a disaster or income is going to be a lot more important than the last few waves ... or both :roll:

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

yes, same values. were any 'out of whack'? Only real difference is that sab is 200x stronger, and there is no 'realm sab multiplier' (which was 213 or so last era)

yes, if you build up in the 24 hours, they can be repelled...

if they lose units, or weapons degrade, etc on the attacks on you, though, those are gone for the next time... so they are 'real' for long enough for you to damage them :) same with sab and spies -if you kill their spies, they lose them for next attack (assuming they sent the max they had...if they send say 1/2 what they had, the amount sent will keep coming until they have less than what was sent...)

HippyFool wrote:Ok, and it uses the exact same attack/sabbing power? So once attacked/sabbed you have 24 hours to get higher defense/covert than the attacker/sabber in order to make them fail?

And, also, are all unit values the same as last era? Income from miners, covert etc etc

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

yes, exactly.
High Empty wrote:So
If i massed Hippy...
today

yes again. i thought about not taking naq, but that did not make sense. although not out of question. (so the ghosts would weaken but not empty any account...)
This would also affect feeding making it less effective..plus if you hit your feed account its emptied by ghosts for 5 days...
High Empty wrote:Further this is SERIOUSLY going to screw up farming!

so make it so techs/UP do not get cheaper based on top accounts?
why increase miner output?
High Empty wrote:So can we Unlink top techs/ UP
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): jix

so if i attacked a player on the turn everyturn for 24hours that player would then be attacked on the turn everyturn for 5 days solid? at a cost of 576 turns for me? seems abit much or have i got it wrong?
[img]http:/ascendedempire.com/esigs/Sigma/Jix.png[/img]
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

my understanding jixx is that if you attacked an account at 12:00 gametime today with your attack turns for that 1 attack, then for the next 5 days at 12:00 a ghost that is equal to your power will attack that same person at the same time and take the naq but you will not lose any turns except for initial attack. also the naq taken by the ghost would basically disappear with no gains.

and each time the ghost (which began as clone of your account at attack time) attacks the player it weakens just as it would if it had been your account. sabbing with 100k spies and getting repel would cause the ghost to lose spies and such.

lol i am confusing myself ... hope it helps
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

OK - just to make it interesting, ghost attacks take naq 20% of the time, on a win...
if they do not take naq, but win, they take 1 naq only....so if you see logs with 1 naq taken, feel lucky :)

and the above is right - ghost attacks (even ghosts you made by attacking) have nothing to do with you. they do not use your turns, burn your weapons, or anything...they are not you (anymore).
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

" re UP link/ Tech Link"

The main reason these were needed was because of "feeding" since someone could just blow ahead

As for the reason i'd like them gone for a wave, is so that if you log in late you still have to pay 100% value,
where currently if you log in late you pay 40-50% value + your still making anywhere from 200-10000% more naq per turn.

This would mean those accounts that stockpile turns only get the advantage of the increase in income of the inactive, instead of getting both cheaper, techs and UP and the increase in income from inactives.

With UP, i'd have the top accounts up Listed, as it's currently is. Then i would take .015% of the top UP and every turn everyone gets that amount. If they wish to increase their UP, they still have to pay full value.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
vintersorg
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

if i'm in PPT will i be affected by the ghosts, like taking 20% of my naq?

Return to “Quantum Archives”