Era 28 - The Stones of Power

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Era 28 - The Stones of Power

Alright - a bit different yet again.
Instead of everyone getting things equally - you can fight over a few things of immense power :)

The stones will be powerful indeed.
The question that remains is: does EVERYONE know who has it, or must one search :)

Does the universe end when one person gets all 4 (i think not, but it would be cool).

Outside of that, it *seems* like a normal multiverse....
Don't make me use this!!!
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Q era 28 - The Stones of Power

The question is.... Who starts with them? :-k

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Scenester
Forum Regular

And how can u search for them?
Spy? Then the covert stone will be quite sought after.
Mothership The PukingRainbow
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter
ID: 0

pay pal ??
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

R0B3RT wrote:pay pal ??

lool

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

OK - - game is set :)

The stones will provide a 'rumour' of who has them, on stone change of hands.
After 10 days of one person, surely everyone will know who has it...
vacation loses stones.
glory is 2x for each stone you have (although still just -1 if you are out of range)

attack x 10
covert x 6 (and 100% protection vs. sab/spy)
UP x 2 (and uu -> miner every turn)
income x 10

the techs are now max 50% cheaper than 'full cost' based on top game techs. (used to be max 75% cheaper).

anything else I should look at quick while I am in 'fixing' :)

NOTE: I am going to backup the database just before the era opens, and have to travel for a few hours just as the era is starting. Be sure to put any bugs in teh bugs section so I can fix (likely the next day) ... if something goes horribly wrong, we can rollback to just before the server opened up...
Don't make me use this!!!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sounds pretty cool.
LOL at the one who gets ALL stones in their possession.. :smt050
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Forum wrote:OK - - game is set :)

vacation loses stones.
glory is 2x for each stone you have (although still just -1 if you are out of range)

attack x 10
income x 10

the techs are now max 50% cheaper than 'full cost' based on top game techs. (used to be max 75% cheaper).

NOTE: I am going to backup the database just before the era opens, and have to travel for a few hours just as the era is starting. Be sure to put any bugs in teh bugs section so I can fix (likely the next day) ... if something goes horribly wrong, we can rollback to just before the server opened up...

Ok.... a couple of things...

1) You say here that the UP stone puts UU to miners each turn... but on the game updates page you say that the income stone does that...

2) If someone has 2 more more of the stones, and they are attacked.... will they lose all the stones from that hit, or 1 stone per 1 hit?

And some problems from last era...

3) Assassins were not being killed when you attacked someone with defense. This meant that you could mass someones spies through their defense with only a fraction of the attack power....and not lose any assassins!

4) Can you please clarify if there is a maximum amount of turns able to be held or not? At the start of last era you said there was a max, and some people lost turns... but by the end of the era some people had 18k+ turns and were not losing any.

5) Also, is it deliberate that the formula for cov/AC is now based on square roots, which makes training spies/assassins and/or buying techs far less useful in comparison to being replicator race or buying cov/AC lvls? (You practically can't win unless you are repli now..)

6) Is there any chance that you can even out covert and AC power compared to att and def so that they are actually big enough to impact alliance power? (e.g not have att/def in the trillions and cov/AC in the billions.)

7) Oh and could you make AC ranks show in quantum legends? It is annoying guessing everyones final ranks! And it makes it impossible to calculate exactly how close everyones ranks were!

8 ) Aaaaand also... The game clock still loses or gains a few seconds or minutes per day...

:smt117
Last edited by HippyFool on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Abhi
Forum Irregular

HippyFool wrote:
Forum wrote:OK - - game is set :)

vacation loses stones.

attack x 10
income x 10

Ok.... a couple of things...

1) You say here that the UP stone puts UU to miners each turn... but on the game updates page you say that the income stone does that...

2) If someone has 2 more more of the stones, and they are attacked.... will they lose all the stones from that hit, or 1 stone per 1 hit?

And some problems from last era...

3) Assassins were not being killed when you attacked someone with defense. This meant that you could mass someones spies through their defense with only a fraction of the attack power....and not lose any assassins!

4) Can you please clarify if there is a maximum amount of turns able to be held or not? At the start of last era you said there was a max, and some people lost turns... but by the end of the era some people had 18k+ turns and were not losing any.

5) Also, is it deliberate that the formula for cov/AC is now based on square roots, which makes training spies/assassins and/or buying techs far less useful in comparison to being replicator race or buying cov/AC lvls? (You practically can't win unless you are repli now..)

6) Is there any chance that you can even out covert and AC power compared to att and def so that they are actually big enough to impact alliance power? (e.g not have att/def in the trillions and cov/AC in the billions.)

:smt117

I second what Hippy said, especially the part about the turns. A few of us worked the entire wave and used SS to get to a decent account by the end while some others came in the last week and completely wiped out the advantage because of unlimited ATs and the linked techs... making the max cheaper to 50% of the cost without lowering the AT limit will make this even worse. I have no reason to play the entire wave OR support the game; I just have to login once a week and I could win the wave in the last week.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Sounds like an interesting era :)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

one question: in game updates says that by going to vac mode you lose your stone(s). what happens to them? who gets them?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

A question from me too. Do the wealth&birth stones affect your FSS/USS and market bonuses? If so - that should be cancelled immediately.
FSS and USS already give a significant advantage to people who buy them over people who don't buy them and in case an USS buyer has both (even one is enough to make a big difference) of the two aforementioned stones that would give them a HUGE boost. The naq, UUs and ATs already give a significant advantage.
For instance - if I remember correctly (can easily be wrong) the USS gives you 250 turns worth of naq and 1,5 days worth of UP (if someone bought it now with all their army trained into miners that'd be about 500 mil naq if I am correct which is a huge amount for now). With the wealth stone that'd be 2500 turns worth of naq (imagine what could someone do with 5bil naq right now) and could easily build an UP unreachable for at least a week with that and build unbeatable defence. That way the wealth stone couldn't be taken from them thus they wouldn't even need to PPT, just increase their lead.
In combination with birth stone one would immediately get, if they're smart enough and we look at numbers today, 4k units and 5b naq. With additional 4k units combined with the wealth stone they'd have a 60mil income which is, at the moment of course, a lot of naq and would get another 6 bil from PPT. Even if "only" 2b of the total 11b naq were spent on defence - it'd be untouchable for quite some time (even for the player owning attack stone which could easily be stolen from that player). With 9b naq gone to UP (if they're smart) - that'd be basically mean era's already won by whoever gets the wealth&birth stones at the same time and can afford to buy USS as soon as the $ market opens.

These numbers are based on right now, but as time goes by only the amounts will be bigger, proportions will be the same.
So unless it's already made like this - I believe USS and FSS and market bonus(es) [I think there's only units one left, right? Haven't been here for a year though so I might be wrong] must not be affected by wealth and birth stones as, like I said, whoever is the first one who can get both of them in combination with USS will be the one to win the era - if that player has at least a few active brain cells.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Enter|Shikari
Forum Regular
Alliance: HVE - CV
Race: Kraken
ID: 85384

when you spy on someone can you see if they have the stone or not?
Spoiler
M4gic_H4nds wrote:Thel and I rock the Gimp.
[BoT] Jason wrote:But I'm not leet...
Abhi
Forum Irregular

I second that. Very good point indeed!
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Neimenljivi wrote:A question from me too. Do the wealth&birth stones affect your FSS/USS and market bonuses? If so - that should be cancelled immediately.
FSS and USS already give a significant advantage to people who buy them over people who don't buy them and in case an USS buyer has both (even one is enough to make a big difference) of the two aforementioned stones that would give them a HUGE boost. The naq, UUs and ATs already give a significant advantage.
For instance - if I remember correctly (can easily be wrong) the USS gives you 250 turns worth of naq and 1,5 days worth of UP (if someone bought it now with all their army trained into miners that'd be about 500 mil naq if I am correct which is a huge amount for now). With the wealth stone that'd be 2500 turns worth of naq (imagine what could someone do with 5bil naq right now) and could easily build an UP unreachable for at least a week with that and build unbeatable defence. That way the wealth stone couldn't be taken from them thus they wouldn't even need to PPT, just increase their lead.
In combination with birth stone one would immediately get, if they're smart enough and we look at numbers today, 4k units and 5b naq. With additional 4k units combined with the wealth stone they'd have a 60mil income which is, at the moment of course, a lot of naq and would get another 6 bil from PPT. Even if "only" 2b of the total 11b naq were spent on defence - it'd be untouchable for quite some time (even for the player owning attack stone which could easily be stolen from that player). With 9b naq gone to UP (if they're smart) - that'd be basically mean era's already won by whoever gets the wealth&birth stones at the same time and can afford to buy USS as soon as the $ market opens.

These numbers are based on right now, but as time goes by only the amounts will be bigger, proportions will be the same.
So unless it's already made like this - I believe USS and FSS and market bonus(es) [I think there's only units one left, right? Haven't been here for a year though so I might be wrong] must not be affected by wealth and birth stones as, like I said, whoever is the first one who can get both of them in combination with USS will be the one to win the era - if that player has at least a few active brain cells.

~Jack

I agree, although USSs last wave were pretty useless (compared to previous waves) because income is so much lower than what you can farm from innactives. I suppose 10x the naq from a USS would be pretty hard to catch though :P

I am more worried about the GnR from stones... If someone gets all the stones, and rank 1 (which would be pretty easy if you had all the stones) you would be getting 160 GnR per turn. That is 7,680 glory per day, 53,760 per week and 215,040 per month. I have literally spent years getting all my GnR and the idea of someone being able to match me in just over a month is sort of annoying... ](*,)

Return to “Quantum Archives”