Era 30 - amped

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Era 30 - amped

24 hours left in 29!!! the race is on :)
Era 30 (name pending) will be based on the ability to continually improve units. Like supersoldiers, all units will be able to 'upgrade' .
Additionally, there will be multiple (potentially infinite) upgrades that cost both naq and a % of the units trained...
Comments welcome.
Don't make me use this!!!
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: Era 30 - amped

Since your on so close to era finish..

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=190104

Might want to take a look at said topic and take action against an account and it's feeder thats been trolling players all wave.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Sadow
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~LeafVillage~
Race: Shinigami
ID: 109002

Forum wrote:24 hours left in 29!!! the race is on :)
Era 30 (name pending) will be based on the ability to continually improve units. Like supersoldiers, all units will be able to 'upgrade' .
Additionally, there will be multiple (potentially infinite) upgrades that cost both naq and a % of the units trained...
Comments welcome.

:smt023

still couldnt think of a name huh. I couldnt either. :shock:
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." - Joshua Graham
My Trade Feedback
™THE_LEGEND™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™
Race: F®G0TT3/\/
ID: 12795
Alternate name(s): ™THE_L3G3ND™

Forum wrote:24 hours left in 29!!! the race is on :)
Comments welcome.

Bring it on! Sounds fun!!
™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™ and ™IMM®T4L L3G3NDS™ it's a beautiful thing!

Avay Made By Murkar, Siggy Made By Retribution
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

EDITED: Added March 2nd

NEVERMIND!! None of this matters any longer!

Because:
1. No ability to Untrain Troops/Miners in particular means that once you train a few too many Troops this Era, you have LOST!
2. The Coding that applies the Aggregate Average Ratio of AMPing levels equally across the board to all of a particular troops has ruined the competitive nature and intent that the Era's Special Feature was surely really meant to provide!
3. Having the Auto-Trained Miners come into every player's Army every night, with the unfair advantage of being brought in at the SAME RATIO/LEVEL as the current Miners only destroyed whatever chance was left at other players using a long term strategy (or also of a new player coming into Quantum later in the Era!) of ever being able to catch up?? WTH? IN other words the one feature that WAS ADDED TO HELP NEW PLAYERS COMPETE - catch up Miners per the top UP - is the one feature that is DESTROYING THEIR ABILITY TO DO SO! (Definitely 'Bad Affys' sense of poetic Irony in action!!)
4. The application of the Average AMPing level ratio across the board has eliminated any but one particular playing style this Era, something that I have NEVER observed in playing 25 plus Eras!! And the first Era whereby the Special Feature seemed to have so much promise, but instead narrowed down the competitive nature of the Era so severely (other than some of the buggy starts that were caught, reset, etc. HAHA)

So, just ignore everything below, it does not matter anymore, and even having the answers still does not change anything, and the Era is too far along to make any adjustments that would now NOT be unfair to those who have played the Singular successful strategy to this point!

Affy

@ Forum!!

We have some questions we need answered??

1. What order do Troops 'die' in??
i.e. Larger Upgraded Troops first THEN Lower, or Lower Troops first then more powerful??

2. Can all Troops of a particular type (Attack/Defense/Covert/AC) be killed/sabbed down to a zero level?? i.e. Can I zero an opponents Defense and subsequently all his Super-Amped Troops to Zero if I expend enough time/resources at opponent?

3. (Added) What order are Troops Trained being "Armed" to Weapons? (Higher AMPed first? Or Weakest to Highest?)

4. (Added) How are Covert/AC Power levels/rankings being determined? Could the new Era coding have the potential to cause a severe DROP in Total Power (Power as used in the Battle Coding computations!!) when the effects of Buying/Training and AMPing additional Troops should cause them to Rise in both Power and Ranks instead?

The answers to these questions/areas will be important!! If troops die from Largest/Most Amped to least, then Attacking someone and massing their Defense Down will be most effective!

If Troops Arm Weapons from Smallest AMPed to Largest AMPed first it would affect those who naturally grow/train troops severely. If Troops Arm Weapons from Largest to Smallest, then the Largest should die first, and if we Train/Add/ and subsequently AMP more Troops we should not see our Power Levels and Rankings drop severely, which is what seems to be happening.

If Troops Die from Smallest/least Amped to Largest/Most Amped, then, if we CANNOT kill/sab down to Zero level, the Era will resort to My 1 or 2 SUPER 9999 Times Upgraded Troops Versus your 1 or 2 Super Non-Killable 9999 times Upgraded Troops, thereby rendering the Super-AMPED Era special feature to a "Non-Issue" feature, which is what is being observed thus far and therefore

SUCKING ALL THE FUN OUTTA THIS ERA!! HAHA

So, please Forum, we need to be either able to Kill all troops down to Zero level (something NEVER really observed as a function of Q) or, we need for Largest Powered/AMPed troops to die either first, or primarily in the front lines so that they can be wiped out before the Troop levels reach a 'Non-killable' level!!

This way, normal Quantum functioning (i.e. constant Era growth, building, advancements, balance) and the adjustments of being able to mass/kill down larger and more powerful opponents still have a chance to work their magic and keep Quantum competitive.

Thanks,
Old Man Affy
Last edited by Affirmation on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Affy, where are you getting this idea from that troops are AMP'd to different degrees in amongst the same type of unit? There is an average, that is it. No single troop is more or less effective than another.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Also, the 1 troop is killable. Just need to overpower them enough.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

As has been proven by the flimsiness of anti-covert units. Juliette and I have had at least 3 funerals to arrange between us already. The grief is becoming unbearable.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

We will drown our sorrow Affy style. With lots of booze and firm women. :-D
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

I will simply prey on the vulnerability of Juliette's grieving heart, and after the umpteenth vodka, I shall swoop. Victory shall be mine!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

General Riviera wrote:... vulnerability ... Juliette ...
What next, you are going to discover a proof for Riemann's hypothesis?
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

General Riviera wrote:Affy, where are you getting this idea from that troops are AMP'd to different degrees in amongst the same type of unit? There is an average, that is it. No single troop is more or less effective than another.

In your Inquiry is all the importance of what we are asking. If the Power levels are being calculated based Upon the Average figure only, this Era will behave in the erratic fashion we are observing. There should be no "Cost per individual Level" factor, (@ 150,000 NAQ per 1 Level

FRAK IT. DELETED ENTIRE TEXT AS I WAS ALL WRONG... Reading it would just be more of a waste of everyone's time now that additional experimentation has proven not only everything I thought wrong, we have also found out things that make it impossible to compete if you have Trained large numbers of anything without having first AMPed them all up to near MAX!

That is why I(we) should ask the above questions.

Apologies to Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson, for stealing the lyrics from "Luckenbach, Texas" a classic country song in USA.

'Bad Affy' sez... But he doesn't need his Name in the Marquee Lights, he got his song and got you with him tonight... Maybe its time we got down, to the Basics of Love! :-"
Last edited by Affirmation on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler

I think Affy has been smoking too much pot.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

General Riviera wrote:I think Affy has been smoking too much pot.
It broke his brain.
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

ربهالنوع wrote:
General Riviera wrote:I think Affy has been smoking too much pot.
It broke his brain.

No, just broke my will...

I deleted most of the posts, they do not apply anymore now that experiments have confirmed the worst, in that anyone who has Trained too many Troops of ANY type without AMPing them up, especially Miners, will NEVER be able to compete this Era. Most of what I was hoping for proving how it worked was only egotistically based upon the glimmer that if it worked the way I was hoping that anyone working a Large Army long-term Era strategy had a chance in Hell at competing...

I was mistaken. Alas, and also give up on the Era.

'Bad Affy' sez, Affy is so downtrodden, I don't wish to add to his woe by verbally berating him...

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler

Return to “Quantum Archives”