era 31 - Hedonism Rulez! and new rule...

Records of the Eras that came before
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

Re: era 31 - Hedonism Rulez! and new rule...

well i am looking forward to new era. :smt047
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
Deerslayer
Fledgling Forumer

sounds good, I'm in.....I hope. Can I make a suggestion...make the bank work like main...covert LVL helps to make the bank bigger. I did fine with bank size but I know a lot of ppl had problems. Also if feeding is illegal then take the hit % down a little...that way sniping is a little profitable..maybe double what it is already set at.
It is, what it is......
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Forum wrote:New rule: feeding will be deemed illegal. Being a short era (ie 3 months..not that era 31 is shorter htan others...), we will try the 'everyone out for themselves' -- as far as personal goods and such goes. Game mechanics will move to reflect this as well.

So I assume this also means the USSs and FSSs will not be giving such big advantages as well, right? Because USSs can get someone 20 days more income, ATs and UUs per era. Which is huge advantage. So I presume, in order to try the 'everyone out for themselves' USSs and FSSs will only be giving a token resources, like 1 turns' income, UUs and ATs? After all, the game support is there for people to support you if they like the game, not to gain an ingame advantage, and suffice to say, from resource quantities I posted above, the USSs give a big advantage.
This also comes a bit of a surprise seeing how a number of players helped the game by selling naq in exchange for an USS, I know I did that quite a few times, I know Hippy has been doing it, and I know some other people who's names elude me right now, which was because they liked the game and wanted to support it. I guess you're taking that away too? I wonder how many people won't be able to get even a FSS due to it.. Oh well, it, literally, is your loss ;)

I just hope this era won't be a remake of the happiness era, like the dragons & gods eras were, because it sounds awfully similar.

Guild - I have finals in the next month. Seaside plans for the end of the era too. So it's not like I was planning to be more active than I was this era, or previous for that matter, even though I finished 2nd. I still might be active enough to show all the weaknesses and flaws of this rule, if the resources gained from USSs or FSSs continue to provide such a big advantage. If these resources are made symbolic, to show that the game is really supposed to be fought on equal grounds concerning all possible money influences from the outside, not just the influences that cause money not going to Kingdom Games Ltd., I will, of course not do this since I have always been in favor of Quantum not being a game of $. So the only question about my activity and actions within that activity for the next era is whether Quantum is made completely a 'everyone out for themselves' type of game or whether it's made to provide such huge advantages only to people "donating" which is what USS is said to be about (note - ["do·nate (dnt, d-nt), v. do·nat·ed, do·nat·ing, do·nates, v.tr., 1. To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute.] that means the one who donates does not expect anything in return as they give money simply as a gift for, in this case, a well made era, not to gain an advantage over others).

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

I'm liking the idea, admin.
Should be a fun era.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Neimenljivi wrote:
Forum wrote:New rule: feeding will be deemed illegal. Being a short era (ie 3 months..not that era 31 is shorter htan others...), we will try the 'everyone out for themselves' -- as far as personal goods and such goes. Game mechanics will move to reflect this as well.

So I assume this also means the USSs and FSSs will not be giving such big advantages as well, right? Because USSs can get someone 20 days more income, ATs and UUs per era. Which is huge advantage. So I presume, in order to try the 'everyone out for themselves' USSs and FSSs will only be giving a token resources, like 1 turns' income, UUs and ATs? After all, the game support is there for people to support you if they like the game, not to gain an ingame advantage, and suffice to say, from resource quantities I posted above, the USSs give a big advantage.
This also comes a bit of a surprise seeing how a number of players helped the game by selling naq in exchange for an USS, I know I did that quite a few times, I know Hippy has been doing it, and I know some other people who's names elude me right now, which was because they liked the game and wanted to support it. I guess you're taking that away too? I wonder how many people won't be able to get even a FSS due to it.. Oh well, it, literally, is your loss ;)

I just hope this era won't be a remake of the happiness era, like the dragons & gods eras were, because it sounds awfully similar.

Guild - I have finals in the next month. Seaside plans for the end of the era too. So it's not like I was planning to be more active than I was this era, or previous for that matter, even though I finished 2nd. I still might be active enough to show all the weaknesses and flaws of this rule, if the resources gained from USSs or FSSs continue to provide such a big advantage. If these resources are made symbolic, to show that the game is really supposed to be fought on equal grounds concerning all possible money influences from the outside, not just the influences that cause money not going to Kingdom Games Ltd., I will, of course not do this since I have always been in favor of Quantum not being a game of $. So the only question about my activity and actions within that activity for the next era is whether Quantum is made completely a 'everyone out for themselves' type of game or whether it's made to provide such huge advantages only to people "donating" which is what USS is said to be about (note - ["do·nate (dnt, d-nt), v. do·nat·ed, do·nat·ing, do·nates, v.tr., 1. To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute.] that means the one who donates does not expect anything in return as they give money simply as a gift for, in this case, a well made era, not to gain an advantage over others).

~Jack

Spending $ on a resetting game goes so far beyond stupid that imo you should just accept it and laugh at them.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

I don't mind if USS's give a decent bonus... not rediculous...but decent. I wont be buying any USSs this era, but I relish the challenge of beating those that do without any myself :D

As for bank size relative to cov lvls.... You may as well just make everyones banks infinite.

I suppose it is sort of bad for me to comment on bank size as mine is one of the biggest in the game and I can definitely see that it gives me an advantage. It really depends on whether or not people think I, and others like me, deserve an advantage due to playing the game for so long, supporting with $$ and using weekly market turns on bank increases....

Perhaps something like bank = 30% dependent on your next cov lvl, 70% dependent on your current bank advantages. At least people with tiny banks would see a big difference.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

@Loki - for me the criteria is not that they spend the money on a resetting game, but on a game. Period.

@Hippy - if admin really wants to make Quantum a game in which everyone has to relay only on their own skills then USSs shouldn't give advantages. As buying USSs is, after all, a donation (according to the game), not a way to buy resources (like cash market on main). And the "selling naq for $ is not allowed because everyone has to compete on their own" only works if USSs don't give bonuses as well. Otherwise it's like saying - "hey you can't buy from the green grocer's even though you can get more vegetables for the same price, you have to buy it from a market where it's more expensive, or you'll get shot". The money will still influence the game as much as it did before. Honestly how many eras the winner won without spending any $ on the game? If it did happen, it was by someone who was fed big time. And who were the 2nd ranking players? Those that spent money on the game.
Furthermore by adding this rule admin also condemns those players who want to support the game by selling naq for $, which will later be used to obtain FSS or USS, to them getting no other supporter status than market supporter status.

I'm all for eras not being influenced by money of players, but that means the only advantage the USSs can give players is a symbolic gesture, not to be a way of getting such big bonuses as people get now. By adding this rule, and not changing the resources FSS/USS gives can only mean one thing - the new rule isn't about players being able to compete on the same level, with no regards to their RL wealth, it is to ensure that only those players who "donate" to the game, and the game only, are favored. There's no real care about leveling the playing-field all together and those that can't see this are, simply put, dumb.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

@hippy, I agree with u on the bank sizing, those who have larger banks from donating in the past shouldn't be disadvantaged but those with the little teeny banks do defiantly need some sort of in game avenue they can pursue off their own back if they are keen on having a larger bank size.

Your suggestion of having 30% of bank cap linked to covert could work well, alternatively turning bank capacity into a Mini tech or "stat" that can be worked on may work as well. Something like origins where u can increase your bank cap by 10% (or is it more) for the low cost of an ENTIRE bank full of NAQ.. That would not work for us in the Q universe, so possibly something like a full bank of NAQ gets u +75-150%... Or the mini tech option..?

@Jack, U are right in saying that for us to truly have a level playing field there should be no SS/USS's available, P2P cash trading had to go, the only ones who liked it were the ones who could afford to buy or those who were profiting fr the sale of it, understandably your not pleased, as I wouldn't have been if I was seller.
SS's in all their forms should still be available, they should only give modest bonuses and they could possibly be limited to fortnightly or monthly, another option would be to offer better weekly market option ie, three additional options, all the benefits from a USS individually (xxx units, xxx naq, xxx turns) all of which the exact figures gained from a USS. Keep the bank and ppt bonuses as well, but in doing something similar to afore mentioned plans USS's could still be all but left the way they have been but everyone will have a free grab at 1/3 of the bonuses that the paying players Are receiving.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

alucard110 wrote:@Jack, U are right in saying that for us to truly have a level playing field there should be no SS/USS's available, P2P cash trading had to go, the only ones who liked it were the ones who could afford to buy or those who were profiting fr the sale of it, understandably your not pleased, as I wouldn't have been if I was seller.
SS's in all their forms should still be available, they should only give modest bonuses and they could possibly be limited to fortnightly or monthly, another option would be to offer better weekly market option ie, three additional options, all the benefits from a USS individually (xxx units, xxx naq, xxx turns) all of which the exact figures gained from a USS. Keep the bank and ppt bonuses as well, but in doing something similar to afore mentioned plans USS's could still be all but left the way they have been but everyone will have a free grab at 1/3 of the bonuses that the paying players Are receiving.

If the USS and FSS are made to really level the playing field then I have no problem with P2P trades being removed. I have from always wanted a game with no money involved, and I have said multiple times what I was doing last era was, while not good shortwhile, very good for the game in long term. However, the USS's and FSS's bonuses must be made symbolic for this.

I disagree with your proposal - as the USS/FSS buyers would still gain the 1/3 as well so it would not nerfe their bonuses at all. All that they should gain from buying USS/FSS is a symbolic amount of resources, bank upgrade (possibly a bit bigger percentage, but not really much bigger, to compensate?) and PPT. That's it. If this is not done then the new rule is for nothing and I can say there'll be some of us who will show all the rule's flaws.
Levelling the game, whether or not someone uses $, has to go either all the way or none at all. There's no real middle ground on this. So if the update on rules is to really level the playing field, and not ensure more money goes to Kingdom Games Ltd., then I expect my suggestion about USSs and FSSs, which is a valid one to ensure completely levelling the playing field, will be acknowledged both on forums and in game's mechanics.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok to assist with the feeders...
the global attack logs now have a 'top 15 naq gained per attack turn used' section.
so if you use 100 attack turns, and get 1000 naq, you get 10 naq per turn used.
another uses 100, gets 2000 naq, its 20 per turn used.
so the listing would be the 20/turn first, then the 10/turn...
helps highlight the improbable :)

note how cool the support account is -- top 10 and all ;)

TOP NAQ GAINERS PER TURNS USED
Name || Attack Turns Used ||Naq Gained || Naq Gained Per Turn Used

support || 10 || 802,560 || 80,256

(sorry formatting tables via copy paste into forum is tough...)
Don't make me use this!!!
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

That works brilliantly =D>

Not just for watching out for naughty persons but also deciding "to farm or not to farm" =D> x2
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

Great idea! Should definitely help catch feeders.

Just remember:

1) A high average doesn't mean that they're feeding. It could be do to them starting the era late.

2) A lower average doesn't mean that they aren't feeding. If I mass someone my average will go way down. After feeding it may still be lower than average, but I fed nonetheless.

For this reason it is still crucial that we all check the galatic attack logs.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Jimbo 5.3 wrote:For this reason it is still crucial that we all check the galatic attack logs.

*nodding*
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Scenester
Forum Regular

Best thing of all might be that this top 15 isn't delayed by 3minutes.
You can now actually snipe snipers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mothership The PukingRainbow
arby
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): arbinator

GhostyGoo wrote:
Teyla wrote:its true about akhal, or any player that been fed that much , there is only 'so much' normal players can do to them in game, now rules are there other helps available

It is true. To prove this statement wrong i would be very interested if Akhal came and told us, in honesty, his turns spent to naq hauled ratio.

Anyways, the rule was ambiguous before and it wasn't even in the rules section. Now we should wipe the slate clean and get on with playing a more balanced game.

partley my fault, always seemed to be on the end of his snipeing attks last wave when trying to build up the 60 quad needed for the 480 turns, the 9 quad bank space didnt do much to stop it somaybe the turns price increase in the ast 3 weeks of the wave becomes to steep?
prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG - AGL
- IAG
- TAG - PTAG -LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK[

Return to “Quantum Archives”