Era 32 - BloodSworn Enemies

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Era 32 - BloodSworn Enemies

OK - pick your enemies!!! Cause you can really screw them over.
Bugs to the bug section ( https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=194145 ) . Comments on the realm can go here.
Details in game updates.
Don't make me use this!!!
Scenester
Forum Regular

Re: Era 32 - BloodSworn Enemies

Amaze me
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

I am amazed :) does that amaze you?
actually this era can be a great one ...for those brave enough.
plus its a chance for all those who hate a specific player(s) to go cause havoc.

yup. its a mean one...
Don't make me use this!!!
Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

Sounds like a great era to me! I'll have to think about how to best choose who to be my bloodsworn enemies.

Edit: Can I join your alliance?
HippyFool
Forum Elder

How exactly does having a blood sworn enemy... or not having a blood sworn enemy effect your chances of winning?

If I choose 5 really powerful players and declare them my enemy them I get a bonus when attacking him, and it is harder for them to mass me. However, choosing powerful players as enemies means some of them are going to mass me a lot.

If I don't choose any enemies then I don't piss anyone off and I probably have a better chance of doing well in the era.

Winning against an enemy gains you glory, but glory doesn't help you win. Now, you could make glory a ranked stat which would make it very important to have powerful enemies, otherwise you would not be able to win. However, then people can just have 5 enemies that are actually helping them and that would pretty much be like getting fed glory.

Also, if massing is such a big part of this era, then military XP should be ranked as well (and count to overall rank).

I think the best way to make this wave more successful would be to make both era glory and military XP ranked and count towards overall rank....otherwise having powerful enemies has no real benefit.

Seeing as there are now game cops, monitoring exploitation should stop anyone from cheating!

Also, MS should be 3x more powerful.

Also, Cov/AC should be 835x more powerful (at least when counting towards alliance power)

Also, the cost to untrain miners is really annoying! And so is the fact that innactive accounts have defense. And if you are having raiding again, miners should give more income.

Also, you should get some bonus from defeating your enemy. A bonus that is greater the more powerful the enemy was. Something like 100% bonus to UP and income scaled to how powerful the enemy was....otherwise why bother defeating your enemies?

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine

HippyFool wrote:Also, you should get some bonus from defeating your enemy. A bonus that is greater the more powerful the enemy was. Something like 100% bonus to UP and income scaled to how powerful the enemy was....otherwise why bother defeating your enemies?

Some good suggestions Mr H
Whats your definition of 'defeat'? Kill off their defense?
HippyFool
Forum Elder

ElgCaress wrote:
HippyFool wrote:Also, you should get some bonus from defeating your enemy. A bonus that is greater the more powerful the enemy was. Something like 100% bonus to UP and income scaled to how powerful the enemy was....otherwise why bother defeating your enemies?

Some good suggestions Mr H
Whats your definition of 'defeat'? Kill off their defense?

I don't know! I am going by admins own wording:

"5) Your glory rises when you defeat an enemy in a bloody battle (easy wins don't count -again you need worthy enemies), and return with goods."

Clarification please Admin. :smt064 :smt081

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I don't think the MS power should be increased. Last era it was way overpowered, with the same amount of naq poured in defence and in MS, MS was about 5x as powerful ;)
The big defences at the end of the era were so much bigger than the MSs only because there was so much more naq being spent on defences than on MSs ;)

We shall see how the era will be like, but like Hippy said - those things needs to be clarified.
If ME is ranked, to which I am against, you seriously need to change how it works because sabbing gives way more ME than massing, if I recall correctly. Also perhaps make it so that Glory and ME are ranked as one stat, rather than two separate stats? That way it will be much more difficult for anyone to even attempt to be fed with Glory. If Glory and ME will be ranked of course.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

Ok from what I can gather after becoming blood sworn enemies with my best friend Jack ;)

you get glory only when you take there Naq

you seem to get 2 glory when you take naq

I dont understand because it matters not the amount of attack turns

I hit jack for 1 attack turn and I recieve 2 glory and leave naq for further glory gain.

I hit jack with a full turn and gain 2 glory but if I hit him again, I will recieve no glory.

other thing is if you make someone your bloodsworn enemy whats to stop them doing the same thing, then there is no advantage at all. May I suggest the person that makes the other there enemy recieves a 5x attack bonus where as the other party only recieves 3.

Quick market suggestion for this era, the ability to reset a bloodsword enemy.

would it be possible if two parties are sworn enemies then, both parties gain a 0.5 total boost to defence and attack on all other players. so if you are enemies with 5 people and they must also be enemies with you, you would infact hit all other people for a max x2.5.

that is all.

nitro
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Why on Earth would the one that sets you as their blood sworn enemy back receive smaller bonus? ](*,) That's one of the stupidest suggestions ever. Of course no one can stop the other from making them blood sworn enemy back thus the stat advantage is nullified, but that's why you gotta be smart and use your cards well.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

malbrega wrote:Ok from what I can gather after becoming blood sworn enemies with my best friend Jack ;)

I don't think he is lying guys... I think him and jack really are best friends now!!

Jack Oneil HippyFool Jack Oneil has requested acceptance into the BloodSwornChickens alliance 11:29 reply delete save

Nitro HippyFool Nitro has requested acceptance into the BloodSwornChickens alliance 09:54 reply delete save

Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

Jack and Nitro friends? That would be a quick and drastic change of feelings. Alas, their new found "friendship" will be meaningless, as I predict the FIRST! alliance will dominate this era.

Which reminds me... accept my request support!
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Neimenljivi wrote:I don't think the MS power should be increased. Last era it was way overpowered, with the same amount of naq poured in defence and in MS, MS was about 5x as powerful ;)
The big defences at the end of the era were so much bigger than the MSs only because there was so much more naq being spent on defences than on MSs ;)

I had rank 1 MS and close to rank 1 defense and I am pretty sure I spent more on MS than defense and my MS ended about 3x weaker than my defense.

Now, remember that only about half of the MS adds to att or def so if a MS was 3x bigger it would be about the same size as defenses, and would add up to about half of your def or strike.

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Your MS was 1.5x bigger than mine, while defence was 2x my defence. I spent less naq on my MS than on my defence ;)
Whole era long I basically had #1 defence and MS #1 quite a couple of times as well. MS was, before the nerfing, much more stronger (like 3x stronger) than defence and I spent like 5x more naq on defence weapons and defence techs, yet my MS was still 3x stronger.
I think it's very balanced now. Even if you look at main, no MS is big enough to help mass a top defence with only 1/2 of defence in ground strike and the MS doubling strike, while MS had the potential to add much more strike than the ground strike actually is. I think top MSs on main are around 15T now, that they've been increased, right? Top defences are what, 150, 170T? That makes top MS less than 1/10th of top defence with a lot more naq spent on MS than on defence. Here, pre-nerfing, MS with 5x less naq spent on it was 3x more powerful than the top defence.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

you are forgetting that MS's power/naq increases, but for def it's constant ;)
so it's impossible to make those powers even by just multiplying one of those powers

Return to “Quantum Archives”