Era 33 - announced therefore no longer tba

Records of the Eras that came before
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Era 33 - announced therefore no longer tba

Actually Ben, one could buy the Drop boulders for 900k naq and sell them for 12 million or so, so one could get infinite amount of naq in the first 2 days ;)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Actually Luka, no you couldn't. ;)

Drop Boulder 40 5,300 / 5,300

Drop Boulder 50 5,300 / 5,300

Drop Boulder 60 5,300 / 5,300

They made a new line everytime they were given.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok decision made. It was enough of a bug -- and only HUGELY ABUSED in that 4 hours I reset -- but still used before that... -- such that reset will happen.
now - to avoid bugs :) I have put a new era feature up live, and will let things run for another 2 days to iron out any other last/new bugs...

then reset wednesday.

sorry folks -hopefully the fairness and new feature make it worth it!! (see game updates)
Don't make me use this!!!
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Meh, reset over a few hundred mill NAQ some people might have gained... obviously wasn't that big of a boost seeing as how I didn't use it and have still been leading army/UP all week and I don't even have the most/best stolen rates..

Oh well I guess it's an easy fix, no more Q for me.

Enjoy all.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Plague
This is the gold plague - slightly similar to black plague. It is caught from one who has had the plauge for at least 12 hours, when you are in contact with them(ie in their mines looting them!!).
It infects ALL your citizens, who feel compelled to flee to the mines. They work 5x harder than normal citizens, in a blind compulsion.
You cannot get them out!
You cannot get any protection while in plauge - it simply cannot be organized with everyone in the mines!
No new citizens are born during plague. 5% of existing do die from this. And all mercs abandon. The remainder are able to start living normally after the plague is over. Upon finishing, your realm closes its borders for 24hours (ppt), and you get a week of resistance to the plague.
You can also untrain your miners for free during that week.

Who gets the plague first, and how do you know who has it? Also, is this plague supposed to be good or bad? From the looks of it, it is bad so I am just going to keep farming innactive accounts in order to avoid getting the plague, and thus, yet again I am compelled not to attack any active players, but rather farm innactives and build UP.

Let's see the numbers...

We get 480 turns per day, at current innactive farm rate that is about (480/10)*270,000,000

So from daily turns we get approx 13bil

If I get UU from market I will be top army or close to it. If I train all my army to miners I have about 50m income. 48 turns in a day times 50m incomes = 2.4bil per day.

So now I go and get the plague.. my income is times by 5 for 24 hours so I will be making 12bil per day, for one day. I don't get any UP, and I lose 5% of my army. Yep, sounds like a **Filtered** plague to me - I think I will avoid that.

So really there are 3 options for how this is gonna go:

A) Everyone farms only innactive accounts, noone gets the plague, the plague becomes a pointless and not used feature.

B) Innactives get the plague, so everyone gets the plague, and in turn the plague has no actual effect becomes everyone is affected by it once per week. That will simply negative the effect of the plague.

C) Only a few people get the plague from innactives because it is a rare plague. This means that the game becomes a game of luck.

:smt017

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

You could. I tried it. They were created in a new line, correct, but their weapons strength was 5,300/85,000 giving you resale value of 12 or 13 mil naq, while they cost 1 mil naq. I tried it out, you could get a huge amount of resources. I noticed admin via his private mail about it.

I agree with Hippy on the pros and cons of plauge. How about plauge being 5x as often with inactive players than with active players? That way there will be a risk any time you attack someone, but the risk is much greater with attacking inactives and thus it will compel you to attack active ones?

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

@Jack, I think you mean 85,000/5300, hence why the 912K weps sold for 13mil ish.

The plague idea is okay, seems interesting. But i have a better idea for a wave.

I propose that inactives do not generate income/units or anything of the matter, unless the account is logged in to activate it. This way active players must farm eachother! make alliances, mass and actually be forced to use real tactics. And then from there, you can invent your 'Perk' or spice i think you've been calling it.

To me, most of you are simply zombies, farming other zombies and building your stats up at the end and now you zombies want a plague? Like you didn't already have one.. ;)

And yeah, thats my story.

I will post the relavent half of my post in the suggestion thread hippy made.
Last edited by Mercury Rising on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Yeah well 85,000/5,300 and 912K weps sold for 13milish :)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Scenester
Forum Regular

Stat reset but no clock reset?
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Scenester
Forum Regular

The plague should be a game of tag, one person is ''it,'' and should be able to tag others to be ''it''.
Cause this doesn't work.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Scenester wrote:The plague should be a game of tag, one person is ''it,'' and should be able to tag others to be ''it''.
Cause this doesn't work.
Like an actual infection spreading, or just the one tagged person tagging others?
Scenester
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:
Scenester wrote:The plague should be a game of tag, one person is ''it,'' and should be able to tag others to be ''it''.
Cause this doesn't work.
Like an actual infection spreading, or just the one tagged person tagging others?

Spreading wouldnt really work because you would infect every farm you'd hit.
But if there are like 5 people ''it'' there should be plenty of fun.
The rest can be thesame, if you are ''it'' you have it for at least 12 hours, then you can pass it to someone of choice, or if someone were to hit you after those 12 hours they'd become ''it''.
It shouldnt matter if the defending army defends the plagued attack, the ones that fight still get infected. :D
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine
ID: 0

Scenester wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Cause this doesn't work.

Spreading wouldnt really work because you would infect every farm you'd hit.
But if there are like 5 people ''it'' there should be plenty of fun.
The rest can be thesame, if you are ''it'' you have it for at least 12 hours, then you can pass it to someone of choice, or if someone were to hit you after those 12 hours they'd become ''it''.
It shouldnt matter if the defending army defends the plagued attack, the ones that fight still get infected. :D

I like that idea.

Having been infected and seeing the pattern I do not think 1 virus is enough. Also, being protected for 7 days is too long. Should be shorter. If you have multiple viruses floating about then it will make things much more interesting. As it stands now you can easily avoid getting the plague (if you want to) and its fairly easy to keep track on who's got it.

Return to “Quantum Archives”