era 34 - Time Stackers

Records of the Eras that came before
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: era 34 - Time Stackers

Mercury Rising wrote:It's easy to say if you are one of the handful of players with a bank 10x the rest of the field.

It's also hard to compete with those players if you take the bank increase option (20%) and missing out on the 980 turns which those players will most likely take.

There are about 10 of us who have such big banks. 10 out of 30-40 active players. That's 25-33% of active players, that isn't really a handful ;)

By tying the bank size to covert levels you make having miners towards the end completely redundant and the option to increase bank redundant as well. You're forgetting that not all of us who have such big banks got them by buying insane amounts of USSs, probably only 3 or 4 people got such banks by only buying USSs. I have had a few USSs purchased on my account, back when it was possible to sell naq for USSs, which anyone could do back then - and some did do it, I wasn't the only one. The bank size increase stays, which is how it's been since the beginning of Quantum and the bonus was added so that people who couldn't or didn't wish to spend $$ could still get a big bank. Yes, those of us who already have big banks don't need to spend our bonuses on bank increases anymore - but we had spent a lot of bonuses on bank sizes before - I was spending all the bonuses on bank size increase throughout a few eras. Yes, it was harder to compete during those eras, and it is perhaps a bit easier now, but you can't have everything handed to you on a silver plate - you have to choose something - play for long term benefit at the expense of ranking of one or two eras, or play for rank each era and have a bigger challenge.

Besides with miners costing as much as they do right now to untrain, rare few people can afford to keep them so long to have such huge banks at the end. What good does it to, anyway? You can save up your naq in a bank to spend it all in last minute or so, or you can spend it throughout the last day - you will have the same amount of naq available. So it isn't really a huge advantage, it is a small perk, not a huge advantage that would completely change the tide in an era and decide the victor.
Anyone can get such army size, yes they have to sacrifice something, but we all had to do the same. ;)

You can't compare Quantum with main - main is easy compared to Quantum. It's meant to be a challenge, not something that can easily be won :P

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
leeuloop1987
Forum Grunt
Alliance: [ ☼ Smurfs ☼ ]
ID: 1927327

just want to thank you guys on all the tips you give on the forum. this is my 2nd era playing and i love it. still have much to learn and this era im playing it a bit different than the last era. will see if it will pay of at the end.
Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

leeuloop1987 wrote:just want to thank you guys on all the tips you give on the forum. this is my 2nd era playing and i love it. still have much to learn and this era im playing it a bit different than the last era. will see if it will pay of at the end.

any query.. u can contact me here or in Q... always willing to help new players :smt060

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage
Overtaken
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

leeuloop1987 wrote:just want to thank you guys on all the tips you give on the forum. this is my 2nd era playing and i love it. still have much to learn and this era im playing it a bit different than the last era. will see if it will pay of at the end.

I second what you said. This is my second era being active, and you guys have been pretty helpful in some Qs so far. :)
TYTY!

=D> =D> =D>

Return to “Quantum Archives”