era 34 - Time Stackers

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

era 34 - Time Stackers

OK - this should be a nice twist...
See the description - time here can be used concurrently, as well as consequently -- specifically with attacks or army actions (not going to get into what happens behind closed doors with time stacking...)

So - in attack, you can attack for 15 turns, in one 'action'. (or 1 or 3 or 7 etc). That was the old limit.
Now - you can attack also in multiples, all at the same time. So -this does NOT mean you can do 10 attacks in a row like massing...you would do 10 attacks AT ONCE, in ONE attack. Consider it superpowered attack, with time being the superpower. Of course, if you attack with 10 15turn attacks, 150 turns are used....weapon damage and deaths will not be as if there were 10 different battles, but as if there were one battle with an enemy 10x stronger than they appear...

You can also instruct your defense units to do the same. Each time an enemy attacks, you can defend with 'normal' effort, or by layering turns/time onto each defense, you can 'time power' your defense too. It of course only works if you have the time (turns) to do so... and it is set once - for any attack over a set minimum (natural) power, until your turns run out. So be wary of time-suckers!!

Note that attack and defence limits are set by natural attack, as the power of time is undetectable until it is too late...

Come weild the strongest power in existence, and be legion!
Don't make me use this!!!
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: era 34 - Time Stackers

Q: If you attack with 10 15 turn attacks - would that not meant that your strike is 10x more powerful, not the enemy's defence being 10x more powerful than it appears?
As you said - if you choose your defence troops put 'normal' effort in - you inflict as much defence as your actual defence is, whereas if you choose them put more effort in, the defence is multiplied by that much more effort, so if someone attacks you with more 'effort', only their attack is influenced by it, right?

Another few Qs: will defending every attack now take turns, regardless of whether the defence effort is 'normal' or on steroids?

Amount of turns the one who's being attacked loses is a linear product of 'effort' on defender's part and amount of ATs from attacker's part - so if someone has def effort 5 and they get attacked by 15 turns, they lose 75 ATs (regardless of the effort of attacker), if they have def effort 5 and get attacked by 1 turn they lose 5 ATs?

What if they have 'normal' effort? No ATs lost when defending?

I also take it that the defender only loses ATs if the attacker's strike is big enough (so if they get attacked with 100 mil total strike, regardless of what 'normal' strike of attacker is, and they have 1 bil 'normal' defence, they don't lose any ATs even if the defence effort is 10 [and thus inflict 10 bil actual defence], right)? Or is it actual/actual or normal/normal? Or does defending also always use ATs - if so, it can greatly be abused by snipers or multies or people with "friends".

Also - take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=197151
An issue regarding final glory being ranked (in short - the glory that was achieved should be counted towards the final rank, prior to glory being added for final rank, right now it was final rank from all ranks except glory, glory being given a 'final rank bonus', then counted into the final rank, which can make a huge difference and should be fixed for next era :))

Beta test for a few days? :)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

Why don't we just have another Uberman wave ;)
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok hopefully the way it works is fairly obvious, with the details on update page, and context relevent help in the attack page and base page....(mouse over the underlined 'time stack' labels...).

regards the glory being ranked -- I am confused. It is being ranked. It is a rank like any other (covert, attack, etc) and is counted as such...
The explanation was very confusing. Is it just the order of the ranking you are referring to?? Or ? ?

Regards this era, I do not see many possible bugs. I am going to go 'live' but with a 3 day backout option :) If bugs found, that are significant, can reset... otherwise it is 'play on!' ...

uberman was a good era -used units as 'fuel' ... this one uses time ... but does (or can) make a powerful attack! It is more flexible I think though... and does not sacrifce your population...
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

Forum wrote:uberman was a good era -used units as 'fuel' ... this one uses time ... but does (or can) make a powerful attack! It is more flexible I think though... and does not sacrifce your population...

In this case, to make things more interesting, could we possible take out raiding?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

we could remove raid - why though? how does that make it better/more interesting?
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

We'll Unit Production is supposed to be a big part of the game, and last wave and im guessing the one before it, this wasn't the case. Sure you could work on your UP for a few weeks or a month, but after that it becomes pointless because you could raid your whole UP in a matter of 60-100 turns or so.

I think It would make it more interesting in terms of tactics, being that more effort is required to gain a large army, timing would be off the essence and as such massing would be costly, but also hard to bounce back from and would require more planning or team work if you're apart of an Alliance.

I'm sure some might disagree but I think it would make quantum feel a lot more real like it used to, Like in the Old School wave (my personal favourite even though i didn't do well or realise it at the time)
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

Mercury Rising wrote:We'll Unit Production is supposed to be a big part of the game, and last wave and im guessing the one before it, this wasn't the case. Sure you could work on your UP for a few weeks or a month, but after that it becomes pointless because you could raid your whole UP in a matter of 60-100 turns or so.

I think It would make it more interesting in terms of tactics, being that more effort is required to gain a large army, timing would be off the essence and as such massing would be costly, but also hard to bounce back from and would require more planning or team work if you're apart of an Alliance.

+1
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

what if raid was limited to your daily UP?
or better jsut to remove??
Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

Forum wrote:what if raid was limited to your daily UP?
or better jsut to remove??

like the NG feature.. raid only to what ur daily up is?

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

I'm on my phone so have to be quick - forum,check the thread i linked for more info about gnr rank bug,can tell you more on friday when i come home.
Regarding sab being time-stacked - bad idea due to snipers being able to easily sab someone - should only be limited to time stack 2 multiplier and take a lot more covert turns,this is very,very powerful.
Regarding raiding being removed - i personally like the added strategy.would be nice to have a completely old skool era once again,though.
Also - can you please move the ban button down to where it was last era?it went up again.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine
ID: 0

No no bad idea to remove or limit raiding.

Since raiding was added things are more balanced for all players.

Old Q players have a much bigger bank size than the new ones. Therefor they almost always end up with higher covert levels than the new players. The only way for the guys with the smaller bank sizes to compete are to either sell weapons or raid to train up as miners or to push covert techs much higher just to compete...or farm like hell and hope no one snipes them. Thats just not right. They will always have a disadvantage.

The other point is the fact that raiding adds to the different strategies people use to play. Depending on the income for the era, you the player have to decide if its worth pushing for a high UP or not. Bigger army size wont hand you a win..sometimes high UP is a complete waste but bigger army is critical...when to farm for naq, when to raid etc. Its all about timing and strategy. There are so many things to look out for which im not going to go in to.

Point is that by taking away raiding you are limiting people's choices. I remember when I started playing Q it was critical to have a high UP. Since raiding was brought in to the game we have more options now in deciding how to play the era. I like having options.

Lets not go back to how it used to be...farm farm farm, push UP for 2 months straight then build stats for end. Bleh! ](*,)
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

ElgCaress wrote:Old Q players have a much bigger bank size than the new ones. Therefor they almost always end up with higher covert levels than the new players.

There is another way Elg :) It's simple.

1. Either take away raiding or limmit it to your total UP.
2. Bank size, just like main, could be made to match the equvilent of the cost of your next covert level.

This would be great and create even further balance for all players. You could still keep the supporting site perk of (% increase to bank) But you would have to lower the % dramatically, or simply take it out)

Also, if this were to happen maybe there could be a different weekly option as opposed to 20% bank increase, maybe an option specific only to the perk of each wave, in this case time stacking.

spending $ in quantum will always be an advantage, with the turns and naq you recieve, I'm just asking for the bank increases to be limmit or removed to support this idea because like Elg said, when a handful of players have banks 10x the size of everyone else, it does make it much harder to compete, and that's in all waves to come if this were to stay the same.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Am completely with elg here.raiding offers possibilities.what i'd like to see done is fixing the cost of untraining miners to what it was supposed to be,or removing it all together so that income actually has a value throughout the era.
Linking bank size to covert level?hell no.everyone can increase it by spending weekly bonus on it - a lot of us have done so.i was spending the bonus throughout several eras on bank size.if someone wants bigger size but doesnt want to pay - well they should use the bonus on it,like most of us have.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

It's easy to say if you are one of the handful of players with a bank 10x the rest of the field.

It's also hard to compete with those players if you take the bank increase option (20%) and missing out on the 980 turns which those players will most likely take.

Return to “Quantum Archives”