Era 36 - Glory Whole

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Era 36 - Glory Whole

Aug, 2013 - ERA 36 - Glory Whole!

Glory and Reputation are what everybody strives for.

With a higher GnR (glory and reputation) you get better citizens. In fact, here, all stats are increased by having adequate GnR.
Mathematicians have estimated that all stats are multiplied by how many thousand glory you have.
Now - those that are ahead at the start, will obviously get FURTHER ahead as they get more glory. It is only by direct intevention one can stop this upward spiral!
Climaxing too soon used to be bad...it would imply a short term strategy. But here, with each climax multiplied by previously gained GnR ... maybe that concept is dead. Here, at least...
Come fight where the fight matters! Where GnR counts for more than face value. Where being better makes you better still!!
other changes: market gains adjusted; few bug fixes; cannot attack over or under 10x your glory more than 5x per day (and no sab) IF either of you has any GnR worth mentioning....

note that the glory attack limit will likely stay past this era, in one format or another. if you want to play in the big leagues, bring your big league rep :)
Don't make me use this!!!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Era 36 - Glory Whole

This just sounds extremely wrong.

But fun. I like climaxes. Should be good.
kynell
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

hahaha awesome :smt043
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I like the innuendos :P

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Karac Terz
Forum Newbie

well , first dont think i am complaining.

Concerning this era feature about GNR boosting your stats.
I honestly think this is completly unbalanced. having rank 1 giving double gnr than rank 2-10 means someone holding rank 1 for a few days at start is now untouchable.
I believe Castiel has already quite won the era. Such feature would be great with an era lasting 3 weeks at most.
we lack turns to compete with, we lack naq to build enough to even hurt him.

something similar to how happiness used to work would have been better --> lower gap.
but with this system rank 1 being doubled than rank 2-10 is i think too much a bonus.

I know we knew how it would be, holding rank 1 at start was crucial . Someone manage to do it. I almost want to say Congratz to him as he prolly have won this era already after only a week. he has double UP double covert double everything.
but now what is the point playing another 11 weeks trying to catch someone that is untouchable.

Ok now that i have said this is unbalanced. i want to point out another way to it. Lets all battle to bring him down!!!!
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Karac Terz wrote:well , first dont think i am complaining.

I honestly think this is completly unbalanced. having rank 1 giving double gnr than rank 2-10 means someone holding rank 1 for a few days at start is now untouchable.
I believe Castiel has already quite won the era. Such feature would be great with an era lasting 3 weeks at most.

something similar to how happiness used to work would have been better --> lower gap.
but with this system rank 1 being doubled than rank 2-10 is i think too much a bonus.

I know we knew how it would be, holding rank 1 at start was crucial . Someone manage to do it. I almost want to say Congratz to him as he prolly have won this era already after only a week. he has double UP double covert double everything.
but now what is the point playing another 11 weeks trying to catch someone that is untouchable.

Ok now that i have said this is unbalanced. i want to point out another way to it. Lets all battle to bring him down!!!!
I haven't won :P someone at some point can build a strike larger than my defense, or a covert larger than mine. (Last one is a bit tougher, admittedly) That's all it would take to throw off my balance on the rank 1 pedestal. Granted, I do have a large advantage, but I'd say those who have hung in the top 10 for a while all have a shot, especially those that have taken rank 1 from me for a few TC's.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
kynell
Forum Irregular

Karac Terz wrote:well , first dont think i am complaining.

having rank 1 being double I believe is ok its a reward for getting there and a bigger reward for keeping it I been rank 1 a few times and its very hard to keep hold of it so should stay,but I think to make more activity all ranks should have different GnR to make people all push harder for higher rank.

tho battle is 1 way to do it and its fun lol :-D
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

kynell wrote:...but I think to make more activity all ranks should have different GnR to make people all push harder for higher rank.
That's actually a pretty good idea, as far as top 10 goes, not sure about the exact numbers though.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Sorrow wrote:
kynell wrote:...but I think to make more activity all ranks should have different GnR to make people all push harder for higher rank.
That's actually a pretty good idea, as far as top 10 goes, not sure about the exact numbers though.
Yeah, that's an idea I thought about for main too, makes it more fun to shoot for a higher rank.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Forum wrote:...
Mathematicians have estimated that all stats are multiplied by how many thousand glory you have...
This is actually what's off.. You see, if it worked like it stats (which means your original stats [without multipliers] would get *2 when you reach 1k GnR, *3 when you reach 2k GnR) not like it works now (your stats get multiplied by (1 + [amount of GnR]/1000)) you wouldn't have nowhere near the advantage you managed to get ;)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler

Return to “Quantum Archives”