Era 38: '#f3e5ab' - (The Vanilla Challenge)

Records of the Eras that came before
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Era 38: '#f3e5ab' - (The Vanilla Challenge)

Vanilla, back-to-basics, oldschool.
The Quantumverse has reverted to its previous state of reckless growth, infighting and power play.

We have seen Cinnamon Challenges (don't try these at home) and Pepper Challenges, this is Quantum's own version, the Vanilla Challenge. See if you can adapt and thrive. Forget what you learned about Happiness, Upgrades and Ascensions, none of that matters here. A straight game of farm-build-mass-repeat for all to enjoy.

• Going old school, no fuss.
    Slight increase in AT availability for all(!) to increase farming-massing dynamic
    Top UP has become slightly more important -> slight increase in influence on daily trade and MT UU
    Limited USS to 6 per person for the round
    Prizes:
    - 1st: 200$ worth of BM Naq/UU/AT/Merlins (to account of winner's choice, so you can sell the credit if you have no Main acc)
    - 2nd: 50$ idem as 1st.
    - 3rd: 30$ idem as 1st.
Upcoming (when the Era is running):
  • Game Cop increased investigative ability

Kick-off: 05:00 GameTime; next turn change.
Will be here for the next 10 hours to monitor and support.
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

Re: Era 38: '#f3e5ab' - (The Vanilla Challenge)

Support wrote: Upcoming (when the Era is running):
From what it seems they need more authoritative power, as in the ability to ban cheating and log the evidence for you to validate. Instead of the slow or non existent execution from Support.

That's just what I picked up from the topics.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

JasonJay wrote:
From what it seems they need more authoritative power, as in the ability to ban cheating and log the evidence for you to validate. Instead of the slow or non existent execution from Support.

=D>
The increased investigative ability definitely will help them, but you nailed it. They should be responsible for taking care of each and every cheater. They are active enough and have enough experience to know that there's no such thing as "enough time" in Q to deal with something. Actions need to be taken straight away, not days later.

A question - will this era also be all about who can spend the most cash and who can abuse the most bugs to bring those down? Or will it be actually balanced for everyone the $ players will actually support game, not buy resources and bugs will actually be sorted out?

PS: Seeing how you gave PPT to everyone - creating yet another one of those dreadful farmfests that no one likes - I don't see how you being online for the first 10h could help.. Unless someone has login issues or issues training units or buying weps, meaning someone would have issues with things that were sorted out years ago.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

JasonJay wrote:From what it seems they need more authoritative power, as in the ability to ban cheating and log the evidence for you to validate. Instead of the slow or non existent execution from Support.
Fair point. In response to that feedback, since the ending chaos of last era I have been in touch with the Game Cops more than during the entire previous era, to establish a rapport and learn from their insights; some more investigative tools were their idea, for instance, something that is useful without putting them in an awkward position between player and cop.
However, with that in mind, "ban first, ask questions later" is not going to become the mandate of Game Cops for anything other than feeding. Their primary function is hunting/judging feeders, and while they also provide me with feedback and information on the goings-on in the era, that will be the extent of their responsibility. They do have the ability to temporarily ban people though, and the permission to use that in suspicious situations. Their actions are my responsibility, and I support them.

It is clear that Quantum, due to its far higher pace compared to Main, requires a more rapid response to allegations of cheating and bug abuse. Among other things, my hesitation to ban people/make changes while the round is in progress was a hindrance in the last round, leading to a chaotic and unbalanced end of the era. Having discussed that with some veterans, I now feel more inclined to ban or change, provided such changes are necessary to provide a more fair playing field.

Neimenljivi wrote: A question - will this era also be all about who can spend the most cash and who can abuse the most bugs to bring those down? Or will it be actually balanced for everyone the $ players will actually support game, not buy resources and bugs will actually be sorted out?
As posted, there is a maximum of 6 USS for this Era, and while the Top UP influences the MT UU 'gift', it does not strongly affect the UU given with SS/USS purchases.
ATs from SS are still halved, as they were last Era.
The daily trade option allows for somewhat more ATs traded though, hence the 'slightly more available'.

Despite making the effects of SS/USS more 'support' and less 'pay2win', someone who spends some $ will have some advantage over those that do not, but I am not going to debate the merits and demerits of a game that has to pay for its own maintenance here. :)
I am willing to look at alternative means to finance the game and remove/amend the SS/USS player benefits, but I doubt a 'Kickstarter' campaign for every Era is going to work. Suggestions in that regard are always welcome, but feedback along the lines of "This is unfair!" need context and structured, realistic ideas. I am sure we can agree on that.

In regards to bugs, the Old School / Vanilla nature of the round should indeed mean there will be less bugs and issues. Rest assured though, if you do abuse bugs instead of reporting them, you will be banned for (at least) the current Era regardless of how much time or money you have spent, or how high you rank among the Legends.
Reported bugs will be handled with extra priority over Main, given the more immediate effect of such things on Quantum.
Neimenljivi wrote:Unless someone has login issues or issues training units or buying weps, meaning someone would have issues with things that were sorted out years ago.
The code has been rewritten several times to accommodate the more exotic Eras. Jason has done an excellent job expanding on the old base, but some 'new' things were hardcoded. I have added switches where necessary to return to classic functionality, and in my tests it works fine, but I refuse to jinx it any further.

If anyone does run into left-over issues, let me know. I can and will fix it.
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

Neimenljivi wrote:
JasonJay wrote:

=D>
The increased investigative ability definitely will help them, but you nailed it. They should be responsible for taking care of each and every cheater. They are active enough and have enough experience to know that there's no such thing as "enough time" in Q to deal with something. Actions need to be taken straight away, not days later.

A question - will this era also be all about who can spend the most cash and who can abuse the most bugs to bring those down? Or will it be actually balanced for everyone the $ players will actually support game, not buy resources and bugs will actually be sorted out?

PS: Seeing how you gave PPT to everyone - creating yet another one of those dreadful farmfests that no one likes - I don't see how you being online for the first 10h could help.. Unless someone has login issues or issues training units or buying weps, meaning someone would have issues with things that were sorted out years ago.

~Jack
you decided this era have already bug ???

what farm fest?? i don.t see naq in server
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Ahh Bobby, please read the post again and all your questions will have been answered..

Juliette - the whole era was unbalanced, not just the end. As for alternative means to finance QW - I am sure you could offer something that doesn't imbalance the playing field. No one said you shouldn't give a token amount of resources to those who support, but the primary function should be for them to support, not buy. What you could do is give supporters a few cosmetic additions - ingame avatars, different color name, special menu designs, give them the ability to construct the menu of their choice, the ability in their command center to not show "Make this user my commander" button while clicking on someone who you're not in war with and accepts officers, the ability to set war/peace with an entire page with one click, the ability to rename their units & weapons, etc. There are a million possible things you could do, but none are as simple as selling resources.. And if all that and a token amount of resources don't persuade people to support the game, then you obviously have to make the game better. You could also look at advertising and give the people with full supporter status the ability to turn the adds off.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Neimenljivi wrote:Ahh Bobby, please read the post again and all your questions will have been answered..

Juliette - the whole era was unbalanced, not just the end. As for alternative means to finance QW - I am sure you could offer something that doesn't imbalance the playing field. No one said you shouldn't give a token amount of resources to those who support, but the primary function should be for them to support, not buy. What you could do is give supporters a few cosmetic additions - ingame avatars, different color name, special menu designs, give them the ability to construct the menu of their choice, the ability in their command center to not show "Make this user my commander" button while clicking on someone who you're not in war with and accepts officers, the ability to set war/peace with an entire page with one click, the ability to rename their units & weapons, etc. There are a million possible things you could do, but none are as simple as selling resources.. And if all that and a token amount of resources don't persuade people to support the game, then you obviously have to make the game better. You could also look at advertising and give the people with full supporter status the ability to turn the adds off.

~Jack
Jack the resources from USS last era were so small they were only worth it because they gave free ascensions.

There are no ascensions this era.

Even with top ascension and army, income and UP, the NAQ was less than a days farming inactives without buying an MT even. The turns were less than a days (buying a MT + generation). and the UU was a day and a half which was about 50% LESS than the weekly bonus.

The only way that you could buy a win last era was with the free ascension.

Again, no ascensions this era, I don't see it possible to purely buy a win, especially with the rewards offered. The player base will grow and there will certainly be a large number of players that will try to mass each other on the last day to try and get that $200 BM or prevent the people that spent $300 from winning it.

People do this already in quantum, with more players and a reward its bound to happen more.

Especially limited to 6 USS and the bonus' of supporting being even more limited by the sound of it. (if you read her post it does say she has even limited the UU from SS even more by having the top UP not as strongly influence it.)
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Ben - the naq from USSs in era 36, so before the previous one, gave 10k ATs worth of farming inactives (and it gave another 1440 ATs, this being halved - if we had an identical era - would still mean 10770 ATs worth compared to someone who didn't buy an USS - considering how many ATs are being spent per play per era, that's a huge deal). Previous era the naq given was negligible due to ascensions wiping out armies and thus top income was always relatively low compared to how much you could farm - and that's not going to be the case this era. UUs have been negligible for at least 2 years now. Formula for naq has stayed the same for probably 2 years as well - it gave 72 turns worth of top income.
Last era resources given directly haven't had such a huge impact, but think of how much resources the free ascensions were worth - even if the USSs gave a free ascension and nothing else, that'd still be a huge advantage; you can't deny this. The era having been poorly balanced (with regards to auto-ascending) is something completely beside the point.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

Neimenljivi wrote:Ahh Bobby, please read the post again and all your questions will have been answered..

~Jack
I like some of these ideas. Might even bring some people back to playing
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers

jack i don't understand
u want to play q? play it stop whining
$$ spenders was always in the game and they always had this kind of benefits
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Bebs if you actually played a few eras before Juliette took over you would have seen that Jason minimized the impact of money on Q, when Juliette took over - the money became a huge factor again. I don't see why it shouldn't be made to minimize the impact again.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Arty Bang
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Immortals
Race: Immortal
ID: 30115
Alternate name(s): Arty Bing

~Jack
I agree with Jack, I don't think spending money in Quantum should give players such an advantage over those who don't buy.

I also like some of these ideas :D
Arty Bang Ex Quantum Game-Cop
Kikaz
For the Lulz

Neimenljivi wrote:Ben - the naq from USSs in era 36, so before the previous one, gave 10k ATs worth of farming inactives (and it gave another 1440 ATs, this being halved - if we had an identical era - would still mean 10770 ATs worth compared to someone who didn't buy an USS - considering how many ATs are being spent per play per era, that's a huge deal). Previous era the naq given was negligible due to ascensions wiping out armies and thus top income was always relatively low compared to how much you could farm - and that's not going to be the case this era. UUs have been negligible for at least 2 years now. Formula for naq has stayed the same for probably 2 years as well - it gave 72 turns worth of top income.
Last era resources given directly haven't had such a huge impact, but think of how much resources the free ascensions were worth - even if the USSs gave a free ascension and nothing else, that'd still be a huge advantage; you can't deny this. The era having been poorly balanced (with regards to auto-ascending) is something completely beside the point.

~Jack
Jack, first of all Julez. took over on Era 37 not era 36.
I know this from Jason's mouth.
Jason even set up era 37 for her.

So I really don't care what the bonuses were for era 36.

I'm telling you that the resources given by USS were worth jack **Filtered** in era 37, all it was good for was a free ascension (Up to 6)

WHICH ALL PLAYERS GOT ANYWAY IN LAST MONTH OF ERA FOR FREE - WITHOUT SUPPORTING VIA AUTO-ASCENSION!

All inactive accounts were auto ascended to 9.

Actives were auto ascended to 10 even if they had bought USS previously.

I was the only level 11, thus I had bought 9 USS to achieve 1 greater ascension level than inactives. Did you see me unbeatable? Did you see me even place on the first page?

No.

Bug abusers got ridiculously high covert techs and sabbed away stats they shouldn't have been able to touch in the last seconds.

Bug abusers built strikes to hit a defense they wouldn't have had the resources to touch 10 hours from reset.

Last waves USS gave 720 turns. (Less than a days with natural generation + MT you get 980)
The NAQ was 2.5x your daily income.
The UU was 1.5X your daily UP.

Yes it gave an advantage, but it really didn't matter in the end, waves aren't won by cash spending.

Your sitting here **Filtered** about stuff that has been already solved Jack and offering idiotic solutions that would kill the game even more.

Do you not see the increased activity level in Quantum just since this wave was released?

And for the record, I disagree with all your suggestions.

All I see is you blaming everything on Jules, yes she **Filtered** up last era by not acting sooner on bug abuse, but other than that I can see she is actually trying and the things being suggested are being done very promptly. Now pull your head out of your ass and either give the new era a try or quit.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Sarevok wrote:
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I follow you anywhere
And never ever care
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Ben you can just **Filtered** off if you want to talk about things you know nothing about.

Yes, J helped her set up era 37, but she was given control in era 36. USS bonuses were ridiculously high and while I was sorting it out with J, he went AWOL.

Support wrote:...Though the Administration of Q also falls under my responsibility (as well as Main/Asc [shared with Sol] and NG); as well as development...

In a PM exchanged on Oct 23 - still era 36 as you can see, as 37 started in November. J went AWOL during the first 2 or 3 weeks of the era.

Didn't I say the era was unbalanced as **Filtered**? Who in the right mind would ascend everyone to 9/10 ascensions? It shouldn't have happened otherwise it wouldn't have been even prudent to ascend. I am telling you why the resources given were worth jack **Filtered** in era 37 - all active players have been ascending and armies have been periodically wiped out, thus top income stayed relatively low compared to what inactives were giving.

IF the era wasn't as unbalanced as it was with regards to auto ascending and if the bugs wouldn't have been abused, you would have finished #1 with ease. I guess 450$ buys you that.

Last wave, not plural, USSs gave 720 ATs. In your equation you forgot to account for the naq to buy the 480 daily ATs via MT - which was worth around 300 ATs. So all expenses aside, USS gave you a days worth of ATs - not as much as it was before when it was 2 days worth, of course.

UUs given have been negligible for the last 2 years at least.
Naq given wasn't based on your own but on the top income.

Idiotic solutions? Yeah, they are idiotic for those who can spend hundreds of $ per era to be able to win it. I don't see the solutions being idiotic for, you know, everyone else.

As for increased activity - like that didn't happen in era 35 when 100$ was the main prize - and, by the way, money being spent in era 35 wouldn't get you nowhere near the same lead a in era 36 or 37 - you can't deny $$ didn't put you on top of most of the era.
If Juliette offered 1000$ worth of stuff as a reward for the winner, I bet you'd see a huge amount of new accounts.

Of course you disagree with all my suggestions, you're one of the biggest spenders and one that spends tens of thousands of $ on GW resources. No one would expect you to agree. After all, that would mean losing the advantage your $ give you in a game of digits. And I am saying again, if it weren't for the bugs and unbalances, you would have won with ease last era. Hope that justifies you having spent 450$ on an era as **Filtered** as it was.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Kikaz
For the Lulz

Neimenljivi wrote:Ben you can just **Filtered** off if you want to talk about things you know nothing about.

Yes, J helped her set up era 37, but she was given control in era 36. USS bonuses were ridiculously high and while I was sorting it out with J, he went AWOL.

Support wrote:...Though the Administration of Q also falls under my responsibility (as well as Main/Asc [shared with Sol] and NG); as well as development...

In a PM exchanged on Oct 23 - still era 36 as you can see, as 37 started in November. J went AWOL during the first 2 or 3 weeks of the era.

Didn't I say the era was unbalanced as **Filtered**? Who in the right mind would ascend everyone to 9/10 ascensions? It shouldn't have happened otherwise it wouldn't have been even prudent to ascend. I am telling you why the resources given were worth jack **Filtered** in era 37 - all active players have been ascending and armies have been periodically wiped out, thus top income stayed relatively low compared to what inactives were giving.

IF the era wasn't as unbalanced as it was with regards to auto ascending and if the bugs wouldn't have been abused, you would have finished #1 with ease. I guess 450$ buys you that.

Last wave, not plural, USSs gave 720 ATs. In your equation you forgot to account for the naq to buy the 480 daily ATs via MT - which was worth around 300 ATs. So all expenses aside, USS gave you a days worth of ATs - not as much as it was before when it was 2 days worth, of course.

UUs given have been negligible for the last 2 years at least.
Naq given wasn't based on your own but on the top income.

Idiotic solutions? Yeah, they are idiotic for those who can spend hundreds of $ per era to be able to win it. I don't see the solutions being idiotic for, you know, everyone else.

As for increased activity - like that didn't happen in era 35 when 100$ was the main prize - and, by the way, money being spent in era 35 wouldn't get you nowhere near the same lead a in era 36 or 37 - you can't deny $$ didn't put you on top of most of the era.
If Juliette offered 1000$ worth of stuff as a reward for the winner, I bet you'd see a huge amount of new accounts.

Of course you disagree with all my suggestions, you're one of the biggest spenders and one that spends tens of thousands of $ on GW resources. No one would expect you to agree. After all, that would mean losing the advantage your $ give you in a game of digits. And I am saying again, if it weren't for the bugs and unbalances, you would have won with ease last era. Hope that justifies you having spent 450$ on an era as **Filtered** as it was.

~Jack
Luka,

To say that Julliete was in control of Era 36 because Jason tried to hand it to her in the last two weeks of it is ridiculous.

Also.

My income was top income all era, so it was based on my income tyvm.

Even without bugged stats, I wouldn't have won era with ease, ascending once more made me have less army than 5 others and I couldn't afford the covert levels they had.

1,000 extra techs doesn't win you the era.

Others could have done what the cheaters did to me without cheating.

It was just the fact that the people who did it, did it for the others to get a win.

I love the estimate of tens of thousands. Since 2005 I've yet to hit 10,000 total spent on Gatewars, almost, but not yet.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Sarevok wrote:

I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I follow you anywhere
And never ever care

Return to “Quantum Archives”