Era 42: Profligate Neurophagic Eidolon

Records of the Eras that came before
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Era 42: Profligate Neurophagic Eidolon

On Earth, the PNE was first sighted in the Yucatan peninsula, in close proximity to an archaeological site. Soon after that, the first Asgard and Goa'uld cases were reported and as time progressed oddly enough even the Replicators started showing signs of the affliction. In Replicators, the PNE showed as rampant AI. In the Asgard, it activated clones and corrupted civilization. Even in the Goa'uld, where craziness is often masked by ambition, their kind of crazy was extreme. To the Humans, the PNE appeared as that dreadful thing that comes around in nightmares, the Zombie.

Features:
  • New units: the Dead, and Zombies. Friggin' Zombies.
    • - Zombies: Fierce and violent. They can (and will!) use weapons on both attack and defence.
      - Dead: Everyone who either lost their life (or brains/machinery). With Telchak's Device these can be resurrected as Zombies. Every day around midnight a massive bonfire is held and the entire lot is burned.
    New technology: Telchak's Device
    • - Allows 'resurrection' of Dead to powerful Zombies.
      - Borrowed from smugglers for a limited time for a fee.
    New politics: Zombies are disloyal b*s
    • - Some will stay behind in the lands you attacked.
      - Zombies eat everyone, get ready to hurt!
      - Units that die on the field of battle stay on the field of battle, your opponent's Deadpool grows.
    New rule: Biggest is best!
    • - The biggest population takes first prize. Or rather, a first prize.
      - Prizes awarded in Black Market Credit. (Main or Quantum)
      - 100$ BMC to the biggest Armysize.
      - 100$ BMC to the biggest Total Power.
      - 30$ BMC to the second biggest Armysize and Total Power.
      - Prizes stack.

We launch 23:59 gameTime today, April 4th.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: Era 42: Profligate Neurophagic Eidolon

Interesting.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
reborn
Forum Elite

I do like the new style of page.

this era does seem to have a few new things in it have to work head around it.

1 question though
New politics: Zombies are disloyal b*s
- Some will stay behind in the lands you attacked.

I do hope they have to beat your defence for that to happen, if not I can see that being abused with ppl that hardly play , right at end buying weapon and just hitting everyone.

Last wave that was beta though, r we going to see that for era 43? I would like to see what that would be like with everyone play it. Did seem of an interesting wave tbh.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

reborn wrote:I do like the new style of page.
Thank you. :) Good to hear positive feedback on a work in progress.
reborn wrote:I do hope they have to beat your defence for that to happen, if not I can see that being abused with ppl that hardly play , right at end buying weapon and just hitting everyone.
This will not be a problem, will let you figure out/do some math why.
reborn wrote:Last wave that was beta though, r we going to see that for era 43? I would like to see what that would be like with everyone play it. Did seem of an interesting wave tbh.
I have good test usage data for the Space Regions, but by itself the concept does not add enough of a challenge to be the defining feature of an Era. We will definitely use the data and feature in future Eras. It could be a part of 43, happy to hear your take.
reborn
Forum Elite

I did think it was ok to run as it was tbh, but if want to add something else in I don't see why not.

Though why not 1 era as it was in beta an then another era with something else added in a few more down the line. Just my thoughts on it.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Quantum Archives”