Era 46: Promoting Ivory Juju

Records of the Eras that came before
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Era 46: Promoting Ivory Juju

This era will start: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:59:59 Game Time (PST)

The story:
The establishment of the Ivory City is thoroughly shocked and awed by your steady rise through the ranks, and your ability to outbuild even their greatest Grandmasters has caused an uproar among the vast population. The common folk are rumoured to see in you some kind of hero. Establishments do not like heroes, the Ivory City in particular. To frustrate and halt your rise to greatness, in your next assignment you will be responsible for education and the collection and maintenance of the ancient Ivory relics, the 'Juju' of Growth, Wealth, Force and Secrets. The Juju are spread across the stars, and require retrieval. Once retrieved, everyone will know where any of the relics is at any time; drawing in the armies of those not currently in possession of the hallowed relics. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, will be to acquire and protect the Juju. In order to do so you have been given access to advanced training facilities where you can improve the overall effectiveness of your population. The mission briefing by the establishment ends with this cheerful message: "Keep in mind that more is not always better, and may the Eidolon smile on your undoubtedly tragic fate. Goodbye! Oh, and as a favour to us, please take that war criminal Ras al Ghul, Slayer of Masters with you on your way down."

Era Features:
  • The all-important relics, the 'Juju', aspects of realm management:
    • One of the more complex features we have used of late. Original feature appearance as 'Stones of Power': Era 28, in 2011, now with some changes.
    • There are four relics in the Quantumverse, providing tremendous power to the holder. To take hold of one is to eventually become a target for everyone, as the News Ticker (the 'Relic Rumour Report' on the Command Center) will inform everyone a relic has been stolen within 24 hours of the event. 2 days after taking ownership, the report will explicitly mention who currently holds the relic. 5 days after taking ownership, the relic will jump to a random player and you will need to retrieve it again.
    • The four relics provide a significant boost in their representative field and unique power, and will, with the exception of 'Secrets' show in covert reports. A large espionage effort could give you a heads up on the opposition.
    • Any relic owned is lost to the first successful attacker.
    • Vacationing while owning a relic leads to the relic seeking a random new owner.
  • Unit Training Levels:
    • Another Era without super attackers / defenders; although this time, you can train your troops to become even more awesome.
    • Every unit you train has a skill level of 1. For combat and bonuses, the average is relevant. There is no limit to how much you can train your units.
    • Levels automatically grow every turn and drop as you train new units, depending on how many you had and how many you train. (You cannot untrain units to increase your average level.)
  • Note: The Planetary Protection Treaty does not apply in the last 10 days of the Era.

The Goal
Best Ranked Most Relic Holder:0 special title - "Deacon of Domination" (or "Jujujuggler", winner's choice between these two)
Top 10 Relic Holder:1 50$ Black Market Credit (BMC)

Furthermore, there are a number of smaller prizes to win this Era:
  • Highest average training level at the end of the Era:2 10$ BMC
    Rank 1 at the end of the Era:3 20$ BMC
    Most active:4 20$ BMC
    Largest military population:5 20$ BMC
    Largest non-military population:6 20$ BMC
    Highest number of Unit Kills:7 20$ BMC
    Highest number of Unit Losses:8 10$ BMC
    Highest amount of Naquadah stolen:9 20$ BMC
Detailed explanations:
  • 0 - Has the lowest (final rank minus number of Relics held).
    1 - Holds a relic at the end of the Era while ranked better than 10th. Per relic, cumulative.
    2 - Has the highest ratio of all average levels (x+y+z/7) to population - in case of a tie, covert level is compared, if the tie persists, anti-covert, then Unit Production.
    3 - Holds rank 1 as the Era ends.
    4 - Has used the most Attack Turns during the Era. (At least 50k required for the prize to be awarded.)
    5 - Has the largest total number of attackers, defenders, spies and assassins. Excluding Mercenaries. (At least 15M required for the prize to be awarded.)
    6 - Has the largest total number of miners and untrained units. (At least 25M required for the prize to be awarded.)
    7 - Has killed the most units of all types. (Including defensive kills.)
    8 - Has lost the most units of all types. (Including offensive losses.)
    9 - Has stolen the most Naquadah.

Comment
Religion!? Naw, Quantum would never.. or would it? Maybe Bad Affy is rubbing off on development as well as the furniture.
As we progress further in the story of the Ivory City, we come across the beliefs and practices of some very alien cultures. Who would have thought the fabled Stones would make another appearance in the Quantum Universe?

Era 45 result viewtopic.php?p=2656206#p2656206.
Support
Site Admin

Re: Era 46: Promoting Ivory Juju

We will do a restart.
Several serious early-game breaking bugs with the Relics have come to light and need to be fixed prior to re-launch.

This era will re-start: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 23:59:59 Game Time (PST)
Support
Site Admin

So, update.

About this Era:
1. Relics will start seeking random new owners ~2 weeks after Era launch. If 2 weeks feels like a long time, consider after 2 hours, people were boasting defences and strikes in the Billions, as well as the ~2 Billion/turn income caused by the Growth and Wealth Relics.
2. If you successfully attack someone who holds a Relic, you become the new holder of the Relic. If you attack someone who holds multiple Relics, you ONLY take one (random). The other(s) remain with the owner, who is put on PPT (between 20 and 90 minutes) to recover from the terrible, terrible loss.
3. The exact time the Relic is stolen is not revealed until after 2 days; no peeking in the Galactic Logs for likely new owners! After 2 days the Relic Rumour Report will say who actually holds the Relic.
4. Speaking of the Relic Rumour Report, in those first 2 days after a Relic has changed ownership, the Rumour Report is quite likely #fakenews. It may accidentally speak the truth though (about 20% of its initial reports are not fake news #msmratings). Certainty is given after 4 days.

Now for some other things:
5. The administration has seen fit to reduce the number of times players are forcibly logged out after banking / attacking / repairing. We do still register who would get logged out, but instead of immediately throwing you out of the game, you get an error message telling you to reload the page and try again. If this has undesirable results for fairness, the reduction will be reversed.
6. Yes, you did notice correctly, you start out with less Naquadah. Not to worry, by the time the Relics drop, you will be swimming in the stuff. Beware the chemical burns. I'm on a roll.
7. "Why is Ras al Ghul 'Slayer of Masters'?" - Great story there, folks. While everyone was toiling away trying to build their armies and preparing for the big finale, Ras managed to overwhelm all but ONE of the Grandmasters and steal all their .. eh, let's go with 'loot'. That special achievement won him the title.
8. "I want to be 'Slayer of Masters' too!" - Well, tough. You cannot. It is as unique as Bilbao Pan's title of "Victorious Lieutenant" for his social mobility, and while you will have the opportunity to earn unique titles of your own, these are taken.
9. "Quantum is barely playable on my phone, but I really really want to play it!" - Hey, you're in luck. You may have heard about Main's new interface (in development), and yes, we can confirm, exclusively for Quantum News Network, that this new mobile-friendly interface will roll out to Quantum as well - although the timetable puts release for Quantum around the start of Era 48. These things shouldn't be rushed, see.

Any questions, please direct them to your friendly neighbourhood AI. Just look up and ask. (And for good measure, leave a comment here.)
Restarting on schedule in T minus 6 hours, 30 minutes.
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1915439
Alternate name(s): Flash

I can't upgrade my units lvl, it's normaly for Era start or bug?

Edited: upgrades if set some more naq (not works for 1.00 lvl but works for 1.07 lvl :D )
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Support wrote:"Oh, and as a favour to us, please take that war criminal Ras al Ghul, Slayer of Masters with you on your way down."
Ouch, fitting but ouch :smt060
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer

Juju now in game!!!!! Grab them :smt117

...But it don't works ... lol

Juju of Wealth disappeared after 3-4 hours, no one income bonuse except +2 G&R per turn and 960 billion Naq for Bilbao USS pay, that allowed him to get 1st place with a large increase stats and more G&R lol. ](*,)
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

XaoC wrote:Juju now in game!!!!! Grab them :smt117

Juju of Wealth disappeared after 3-4 hours, no one income bonuse except +2 G&R per turn and 960 billion Naq for Bilbao USS pay, that allowed him to get 1st place with a large increase stats and more G&R lol. ](*,)
At one stage the USS showed 1.6Trillion....
The Juju have pretty much ruined the era, theres no need for them with the way stats were going anyway.
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer

SÅTÅN 666 wrote: At one stage the USS showed 1.6Trillion....
The Juju have pretty much ruined the era, theres no need for them with the way stats were going anyway.
1,6 T this is based to my natural day income with Juju on that moment if it work.
Now how Juju owner I must have ~71 bill Naq per turn.
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict

XaoC wrote:
SÅTÅN 666 wrote: At one stage the USS showed 1.6Trillion....
1,6 T this is based to my natural day income with Juju on that moment if it work.
Now how Juju owner I must have ~71 bill Naq per turn.
Correct...There was a massive boost when the USS was bought. now the USS is 535billion if you buy....A massive advantage was gained, one that could decide the rest of the era.
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer

I think need 1-2 days rollback and Juju + units lvl balanced.

Lol, all time Juju stolen from JIXXIE (ID 31249) and back at some hours this is bad random or bug?....
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict

XaoC wrote:I think need 1-2 days rollback and Juju + units lvl balanced.

Lol, all time Juju stolen from JIXXIE (ID 31249) and back at some hours this is bad random or bug?....
The relic rumor report is out of wack also.
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict

SÅTÅN 666 wrote:
XaoC wrote:Juju now in game!!!!! Grab them :smt117

At one stage the USS showed 1.6Trillion....
1.6Quad Trillion by the way.
Bilbao Pan
Fledgling Forumer

well i ve just stolen the juju of growth from someone.
but instead of giving me the juju of growth, it took away the juju of wealth from Mercury and gave it to me.

I dont think it works as intended.
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer

Bilbao Pan wrote:well i ve just stolen the juju of growth from someone.
but instead of giving me the juju of growth, it took away the juju of wealth from Mercury and gave it to me.

I dont think it works as intended.
Wow, you saw it only now, when it touched you. Now USS give 2 quad Naq, this is based on you income- you get x10 income and convert UU to miners every turn?

P.S. this era need restart or rollback 2 days.
Bilbao Pan
Fledgling Forumer

i know from a long time this whole relics feature is not working properly.
i ve been reporting bugs since day 1.

Return to “Quantum Archives”