Era - 7 - Selfish Worlds

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Era - 7 - Selfish Worlds

hi,
welcome to a new era!
Going forward, and like the last couple eras, each era will be a little different...or a lot different, as quantum realities are :)

This era is 'all about you' -ie selfish worlds.

The market is open to all - no need for SS (thus market SS is gone, as is SS bought solely on market). (if anyone feels they lost a legitimate bought SS email support with your ID and name, aproximately when SS was bought, and subject "lost purchased SS in Quantum" - since we used the logs to determine this one, there should not be any....but we will still look :) )

Full SS (who used $ at any point in any of the 6 previous eras) does not allow player to player transfers (you are too selfish in this reality for that) but does give you a weekly bonus you can use ...

Limits on weekly activities are 1 weekly SS bonus; 2 weekly market trades; 1 PPT bonus.

Mercs die a lot more easily here...your own troops are too selfish to fight before the mercs do :)

There are a few other smaller changes, but those will be left for discovery.

Going forward, it is unsure if we will announce the changes, since its a new world afterall, and exploring it is one of the challenges/tasks/funs :)

admin jason.

posted from page 5 for easy reference:

Forum wrote:ok... read all the comments. here is my collective reply.

1) thanks for all who support the changes, and are at least willing to give them a try.. it is quantum worlds after all -why would it be called that if it was the same each time....

2) thanks for those who support me along with the changes, as it is I who am obviously blamed and assigned ulterior motives than making a better game, regards the changes. Diobella thanked by name, all others generally :)

3) after considering, i have allowed market SS to be bought via ingame goods. it will give the weekly bonus only, and costs 2x multiple. market SS lasts the era only.

4) some clarifications on 'counts' - a player is allowed:
1 full PPT bonus, of any type;
1 weekly SS bonus (naq/untrained units (NOT UP)/partial ppt)
2 market trades. (market is open to ALL players)
They each count separately -ie there are 3 counts...despite a short lived bug (see point below).

[regards ppt, if you forfit the unit/naq bonus for ppt, and get a full ppt ontop, that is 3 days/week of ppt -the least ever. 1 day /week will be 99% more common...if that since many prefer units/naq]

5) this is quantum ... its a different reality than 'main' and nobody has a quantum mirror (its more of a quantum leap scenario, where you are forced from one reality to the next, no choosing....) thus why and how should trading with main happen? The reason the units and transfers were removed, was to make it as self-sufficient as possible, outside of main, so that people who want to play quantum, can.... without being obligated to deal with main, too.... This era is about you, in quantum. you would not even trade with yourself in another reality, you're that selfish here :) (anyone have a story on how it got this way? )

6) this is an ERA in quantum. It lasts about 3months. then next era will be different.... if you don't like a particular feature of a particular era, say so (ONCE is fine apophis... ) and that is kept in mind for future eras. same goes if you do like something - all these changes came from user request/demands.

7) this era benefits those with $ the least of any to date. is there an advantage? yes... do i want the game to at least pay for itself, yes... can someone win without paying a single cent - yes..and it has been done in previuos eras. and the top 20 or 30 has a lot of people who did not donate that round. and a lot of players who did, traded other players resources to do so.....there are more currencies than the obvious.

8) on currencies - time is a currency. a lot of people have a lot of time - time that can be spent to maximize your account. some people that donate do so to level that playing field - without hte time, and still a desire to compete, they use other means. neither is wrong nor is any mix of the 2 - and i TRY to structure the game such that if you spend 24hrs/day, or donate regularily, you are not guaranteed anything regards winning or rank, unless you back that up with stellar playing.

9) there was a bug in the counts mentioned above. a couple things counted the wrong thing, or counted two things by mistake. That has been
fixed, and fixed in a way that nobody has 'more' than anyone else, over time.

10) i think this will be a great era. more than ever, every player has to stand on their own, and show what they can do in, as much as possible, a 'solo arena' not tied to how many friends you have, how big your main account it, etc.... its a straight up different reality, where the best in that reality should win it :)

admin jason.

one last PS- anyone who bought SS with $ in any era since the beginning, kept the SS. We used the logs to ensure we got everyone.
IF you feel you did pay previously, and lost full SS, please simply send an email to mailto:support@stargatewars.com with your username/ID, subject "lost paid quantum SS" AND 1)about when you paid 2)paypal or clickbank 3)if at all possible, also include email used to pay or receipt ID or something that would help track it...
Last edited by Forum on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

I liked last 6 waves, but 6th was surely my last, I just dont like fact of no transfer, and paying 20$ for a mini-bonus/week...Q is too much different that it was.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Eh buying SS with ingame goods should still be avalible...some of us aren't adult jet and can't buy SS with $ :oops:
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

can i make a suggestion? how about make the market in wich u can make fractions of multiples like in main, that would increase the market activity in the begining, thus giving more dynamic to the entire wave ;-)
12agnar0k
Forum Addict
ID: 0

I have to say thank you admin, this is exactly what i wanted to see .. plus much more xD...

One thing can you (if you havent already) chaneg the ms's a bity in qw, they die far too easily, its just silly. Especially with the techs...
{SGE}LauraG
Fledgling Forumer

please oh please for my own sanity PLEASE add multipliers to the motherships slot upgrades!!!!!!
Jackson: you built it,,,Oniell: Uhhhh No,,,Jackson: yea,,,,Oniell: mmmm NO,,,,,Jackson: yea,,,,,Thor: Oniell!
Oniell: HUH?????, OH uh Teal'c so whats with the hair!
Dark Bahamut
Forum Elite

sweet no trading that is awesome

Sticks and stones will break your bones but Dark Bahamut will hunt down and kill your entire family.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

{SGE}LauraG wrote:please oh please for my own sanity PLEASE add multipliers to the motherships slot upgrades!!!!!!

thats not a very big deal.. just press the one you want to upgrade , hold down ctrl , press r press enter , press r , press enter, easy :)....
TazKiKr
Forum Grunt

Thank you admin, this wave can turn out to be a sweeeeeeeeeet one.

I have just one question: How is the market going to get populated with turns/naq if no one is going to give up those resources to go PPT?
Cole
Forum History

I'm surprised you all like the fact there is no trades available :? :o
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

Apophis The Great wrote:I'm surprised you all like the fact there is no trades available :? :o

why ? ... this game has been riddled with multis liek suckit sellign turns for ages.
Cole
Forum History

12agnar0k wrote:
Apophis The Great wrote:I'm surprised you all like the fact there is no trades available :? :o

why ? ... this game has been riddled with multis liek suckit sellign turns for ages.

But now this will need nearly CONSTANT playing to win top 100 at end :shock: :lol:
fredrabbit
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: HVE
Race: ?
ID: 20938
Alternate name(s): *TheBetterIdiot
Location: If there is a bright spot to the univers the place farest from it.

auctualy it will probaly take less time beacuse people will not be getting addtional turns from everywhere. Now you only have to go through the turns ou generate plus three mulpitals to stay on top.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

COOL! Does this mean that now will be less PPT people? I like it. If so, this time i will stay to the end of era. Last time i quit at the middle of it because all the top players that could be attacked were on PPT. I hope there won`t be full pages of PPT players again, because i will quit again. :smt018 ](*,) [-X
diobella
Forum Grunt

Neimenljivi wrote:Eh buying SS with ingame goods should still be avalible...some of us aren't adult jet and can't buy SS with $ :oops:

I agree with Neimenljivi that he and others will be unable to purchase SS now, perhaps giving those with more disposable income an advantage. As the parent of three teenage sons that love gaming, I know how expensive it can be to "support" their habit (i.e. runescape, stargatewars when they decide to play, etc.) Thus the younger players and those with financial difficulties will be at the mercy of the gods in order to compete effectively.

On the other hand, I would thoroughly enjoy a wave that echoes back to the "old" days before SS, Alliances, or a market. Not that they are bad things - I utilize all three - but I miss the tactical aspect of earlier times, when any alliance and/or deals made were sealed with a "handshake" based on the other party's honor.

I don't believe I'm alone in feeling frustration at the lack of attack options due to pervasive PPT use in Quantum. However, perhaps an alternate solution could be implemented such as increased unit production for cash donations rather than protection. Or even a change in protection from a maximum 4 days per week to 2 days with some sort of bonus. Anything that would level the playing field for those unable to purchase SS while still giving those that can the bonus that they deserve.

Personally I don't think the game really gets interesting until the market closes the last week as a significant percentage of players remain protected to the full extent allowed, myself included. In Wave 1, a longtime player told me that Quantum is "each man for himself." It sounds as if this wave is a step in that direction, but I believe that the current SS/PPT situation allows for an unfair advantage to some and a significant disadvantage to others.

Return to “Quantum Archives”