Era - 7 - Selfish Worlds

Records of the Eras that came before
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

In fact, this is the "Selfish Worlds" wave. I shouldn't have to give up my money to succeed because I am being selfish. Therefore, the current trend of "whoever throws the most money wins" goes counter to the theme of the wave. But I have often found that the logic behind some of the decisions made in this game is quite ofteh flawed.
diobella
Forum Grunt

Shooting Star wrote:And, if this wave were about being every man for himself, I wouldn't mind. But it isn't. It's every checkbook for itself. Quantum Wave 7: In Search of Cash. There is no skill in throwing money at the game. None! It doesn't show how good a player you are, just how rich you are. If you really want a wave that is every man for himself, ban the marketplace entirely, ban SS, USS, any type of money enhancements. Let's see how everyone plays from a level playing field. Then, you would find out who the truly good players are. Until then, it is a cash fest, and he who throws the most cash wins.

I can understand why you would think that, but I don't believe it's entirely accurate. It is my understanding that "throwing money at the game" provides less protection than in previous waves. I also stand by my belief that there are fewer people with expendable resources to donate on a regular basis. Yes, initially this may be the case but soon reality sets in. Little things, such as food, housing, fuel, and utilities may take precendent.

However, in that respect, it is "every man for himself." I cannot think of one thing in life that is completely fair, whether it be a game, fortune, appearances, or dumb luck. Would I like to have the resources to "pay" for play? You betcha. But I don't. So I need to rely on the resources available to me, whether it's time, skill, player relations, or whatever.

This will be a great wave, I have no doubt. We all have reasons to dislike some aspects of it, and to like others. I don't recall O'Neill saying "Oh, the enemy has bigger, badder weapons. This isn't fair." No, he macguyvered his way around it. That's what you and I will have to do this wave.
Last edited by diobella on Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies." ~Oscar Wilde
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

diobella wrote:
Shooting Star wrote:And, if this wave were about being every man for himself, I wouldn't mind. But it isn't. It's every checkbook for itself. Quantum Wave 7: In Search of Cash. There is no skill in throwing money at the game. None! It doesn't show how good a player you are, just how rich you are. If you really want a wave that is every man for himself, ban the marketplace entirely, ban SS, USS, any type of money enhancements. Let's see how everyone plays from a level playing field. Then, you would find out who the truly good players are. Until then, it is a cash fest, and he who throws the most cash wins.

I can see understand why you would think that, but I don't believe it's entirely accurate. It is my understanding that "throwing money at the game" provides less protection than in previous waves. I also stand by my belief that there are fewer people with expendable resources to donate on a regular basis. Yes, initially this may be the case but soon reality sets in. Little things, such as food, housing, fuel, and utilities may take precendent.

However, in that respect, it is "every man for himself." I cannot think of one thing in life that is completely fair, whether it be a game, fortune, appearances, or dumb luck. Would I like to have the resources to "pay" for play? You betcha. But I don't. So I need to rely on the resources available to me, whether it's time, skill, player relations, or whatever.

This will be a great wave, I have no doubt. We all have reasons to dislike some aspects of it, and to like others. I don't recall O'Neill saying "Oh, the enemy has bigger, badder weapons. This isn't fair." No, he macguyvered his way around it. That's what you and I will have to do this wave.

Nice words :smt022
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
diobella
Forum Grunt

Lol either you are sincere or you're mocking me. I'm not accustomed to agreement in the forums....
"I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies." ~Oscar Wilde
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

diobella wrote:Lol either you are sincere or you're mocking me. I'm not accustomed to agreement in the forums....

sincere...
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
DrJ
Forum Irregular

did diobella quit the wave or just change her name? :? :cry:
Freestyle304
Forum Regular
ID: 1922793
Alternate name(s): Newgrounds: Meechum

She changed her name to freestyleislame... :roll:

I tagged her 3 times in one day and she started swearing, threatening me and my alliance and generally being insulting. Wrote a bunch of messages to me, Elite and, apparently, others in Elite Guard.

Well, insults, threats and expletives are not very well received. I was actually having a good time watching her coniption fit, but then she blocked me and later changed her name.

Now I have a "fan club!" She's my "special friend" for the wave. Rarely a good target for me anymore, but I drop by to ... um... enjoy her hospitality occasionally. :-D
diobella
Forum Grunt

Freestyle, you aren't blocked. And as far as insulting, that goes both ways so get the facts straight. Yes, I did ask elite to talk to you about the farming after I tried with you many times. You play your way, I'll play mine. When someone asks me to stop farming I do. However, you seem to get sadistic enjoyment out of it. thus hindering me from doing anything with my own account other than be offsite storage for you. You've taken almost 33million from me in the last 5 days. Considering that there's far bigger accounts out there I think it's pathetic, but I know your strike couldn't even come close to hitting the "big guys" so you have to squeeze from the little people. I'd rather kill all of my troops than allow it to continue.

Yes, I changed my name to freestyle is lame. Not freestyle304 is lame. If you choose to think I'm referring to you, be my guest. Personally I've never been farmed by anyone as much as by you, so if you want to think it's an editorial on my opinion of you, feel free to do so. I just wanted you to know my thoughts as you were farming me, but I see you have been receiving perverse pleasure from it so I changed my name back. I'm sure you know my opinion by now.

One thing I do know about this game is that what goes around comes around. I have no doubt that if you're acting this way towards me you're doing the same to others. My guess is that you'll get what's coming to you before too long.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

diobella wrote:Freestyle, you aren't blocked. And as far as insulting, that goes both ways so get the facts straight. Yes, I did ask elite to talk to you about the farming after I tried with you many times. You play your way, I'll play mine. When someone asks me to stop farming I do. However, you seem to get sadistic enjoyment out of it. thus hindering me from doing anything with my own account other than be offsite storage for you. You've taken almost 33million from me in the last 5 days. Considering that there's far bigger accounts out there I think it's pathetic, but I know your strike couldn't even come close to hitting the "big guys" so you have to squeeze from the little people. I'd rather kill all of my troops than allow it to continue.

Yes, I changed my name to freestyle is lame. Not freestyle304 is lame. If you choose to think I'm referring to you, be my guest. Personally I've never been farmed by anyone as much as by you, so if you want to think it's an editorial on my opinion of you, feel free to do so. I just wanted you to know my thoughts as you were farming me, but I see you have been receiving perverse pleasure from it so I changed my name back. I'm sure you know my opinion by now.

One thing I do know about this game is that what goes around comes around. I have no doubt that if you're acting this way towards me you're doing the same to others. My guess is that you'll get what's coming to you before too long.

do you want me to mass him honey :)...
Freestyle304
Forum Regular

Rag, if you do mass me... Do it for fun or do it because you're bored or do it because she's a friend...

... but you know that 33 million in 5 days, with hitting for above 3 mil per attack as I did at that time, actually confirms what i said. 10 attacks in 5 days, or 2 per day average, is hardly hard core farming hehe. So don't do it for justice because you know what the turns are for too. :lol:

I am no longer blocked from sending messages to her though. In fact, I think we are on better terms too... maybe. her last message seemed to indicate some hope there. We are on a cease-fire for a week atm.

I think I'll start a new thread on farming. See what people think is fair.

And Diobella, I do apologize for egging you on. I didn't swear at you or put in "****" and such as I received, but I know, after the first reply, that I was getting you madder. You might not remember at this point, but the first I heard of your being ticked off was from Elite, not you directly, and it was...um... not in good humor. So, after my first response, which I really meant as helpful/conciliatory, was not taken that way, I admit that I started poking the bee's nest on purpose. I'm sorry about that. I'm really not try to kill anyone's fun.

I'll add that when people have written nicer notes, with a sense of humor about things even, I've tried to make a point of easing off - at least for a couple days, and not hitting them more than 2 times per day unless they naq out is extra extra big.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

Freestyle304 wrote:Rag, if you do mass me... Do it for fun or do it because you're bored or do it because she's a friend...

... but you know that 33 million in 5 days, with hitting for above 3 mil per attack as I did at that time, actually confirms what i said. 10 attacks in 5 days, or 2 per day average, is hardly hard core farming hehe. So don't do it for justice because you know what the turns are for too. :lol:

I am no longer blocked from sending messages to her though. In fact, I think we are on better terms too... maybe. her last message seemed to indicate some hope there. We are on a cease-fire for a week atm.

I think I'll start a new thread on farming. See what people think is fair.

And Diobella, I do apologize for egging you on. I didn't swear at you or put in "****" and such as I received, but I know, after the first reply, that I was getting you madder. You might not remember at this point, but the first I heard of your being ticked off was from Elite, not you directly, and it was...um... not in good humor. So, after my first response, which I really meant as helpful/conciliatory, was not taken that way, I admit that I started poking the bee's nest on purpose. I'm sorry about that. I'm really not try to kill anyone's fun.

I'll add that when people have written nicer notes, with a sense of humor about things even, I've tried to make a point of easing off - at least for a couple days, and not hitting them more than 2 times per day unless they naq out is extra extra big.

yeah if turns wernt so rare id of massed you already ... 6k spies xD...
Freestyle304
Forum Regular

Funny thing is, I really have that many spies largely because I don't want my income to go up anymore yet. Have to do something with those uu!

If my income goes up too much it draws too much fire.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

Freestyle304 wrote:Funny thing is, I really have that many spies largely because I don't want my income to go up anymore yet. Have to do something with those uu!

If my income goes up too much it draws too much fire.

if i were you id arm them all as supers and put def weps in there hands.. infact that si what ive done :P ..
diobella
Forum Grunt

12, please don't mass him. He's right, we are at a "cease fire" at the moment. But sweetie, I DO appreciate the offer. You're a good guy.

Secondly, freestyle, I'm sorry. I thought I asked you several times before I went to Elite. I don't know if you didn't get the messages or what, but I tried before I went to a higher level.

Lastly, lol, ty again 12. You know I think you're the best :)
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

diobella wrote:12, please don't mass him. He's right, we are at a "cease fire" at the moment. But sweetie, I DO appreciate the offer. You're a good guy.

Secondly, freestyle, I'm sorry. I thought I asked you several times before I went to Elite. I don't know if you didn't get the messages or what, but I tried before I went to a higher level.

Lastly, lol, ty again 12. You know I think you're the best :)

well if he ever holds too mcuh naq out ill remove his defense for that naq :P....50% for you, 50% for the naq xD...

Return to “Quantum Archives”