Era - 7 - Selfish Worlds

Records of the Eras that came before
diobella
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Ty Black Widow, I wasn't sure about that. That makes it even better - many more people available to attack regardless of their ability to purchase SS.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok... read all the comments. here is my collective reply.

1) thanks for all who support the changes, and are at least willing to give them a try.. it is quantum worlds after all -why would it be called that if it was the same each time....

2) thanks for those who support me along with the changes, as it is I who am obviously blamed and assigned ulterior motives than making a better game, regards the changes. Diobella thanked by name, all others generally :)

3) after considering, i have allowed market SS to be bought via ingame goods. it will give the weekly bonus only, and costs 2x multiple. market SS lasts the era only.

4) some clarifications on 'counts' - a player is allowed:
1 full PPT bonus, of any type;
1 weekly SS bonus (naq/untrained units (NOT UP)/partial ppt)
2 market trades. (market is open to ALL players)
They each count separately -ie there are 3 counts...despite a short lived bug (see point below).

[regards ppt, if you forfit the unit/naq bonus for ppt, and get a full ppt ontop, that is 3 days/week of ppt -the least ever. 1 day /week will be 99% more common...if that since many prefer units/naq]

5) this is quantum ... its a different reality than 'main' and nobody has a quantum mirror (its more of a quantum leap scenario, where you are forced from one reality to the next, no choosing....) thus why and how should trading with main happen? The reason the units and transfers were removed, was to make it as self-sufficient as possible, outside of main, so that people who want to play quantum, can.... without being obligated to deal with main, too.... This era is about you, in quantum. you would not even trade with yourself in another reality, you're that selfish here :) (anyone have a story on how it got this way? )

6) this is an ERA in quantum. It lasts about 3months. then next era will be different.... if you don't like a particular feature of a particular era, say so (ONCE is fine apophis... ) and that is kept in mind for future eras. same goes if you do like something - all these changes came from user request/demands.

7) this era benefits those with $ the least of any to date. is there an advantage? yes... do i want the game to at least pay for itself, yes... can someone win without paying a single cent - yes..and it has been done in previuos eras. and the top 20 or 30 has a lot of people who did not donate that round. and a lot of players who did, traded other players resources to do so.....there are more currencies than the obvious.

8) on currencies - time is a currency. a lot of people have a lot of time - time that can be spent to maximize your account. some people that donate do so to level that playing field - without hte time, and still a desire to compete, they use other means. neither is wrong nor is any mix of the 2 - and i TRY to structure the game such that if you spend 24hrs/day, or donate regularily, you are not guaranteed anything regards winning or rank, unless you back that up with stellar playing.

9) there was a bug in the counts mentioned above. a couple things counted the wrong thing, or counted two things by mistake. That has been
fixed, and fixed in a way that nobody has 'more' than anyone else, over time.

10) i think this will be a great era. more than ever, every player has to stand on their own, and show what they can do in, as much as possible, a 'solo arena' not tied to how many friends you have, how big your main account it, etc.... its a straight up different reality, where the best in that reality should win it :)

admin jason.

one last PS- anyone who bought SS with $ in any era since the beginning, kept the SS. We used the logs to ensure we got everyone.
IF you feel you did pay previously, and lost full SS, please simply send an email to mailto:support@stargatewars.com with your username/ID, subject "lost paid quantum SS" AND 1)about when you paid 2)paypal or clickbank 3)if at all possible, also include email used to pay or receipt ID or something that would help track it...
Last edited by Forum on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
diobella
Forum Grunt

Thank you. I think this will be a great wave.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

certainly will :-D , thansk for the rule clarification admin, and ive pm'd you.
danuboy
Forum Irregular

Edit: It will be a great wave :-D
Last edited by danuboy on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

danuboy wrote:I will be a great wave :-D

will you ? xD.... plan on migratign to the sea with most fo the waves ? ,,, or aare you gonna be one of those mexican ones xD there fun, or perhaps just a hand... ?
Black Widow
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dark Twilight
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 47905

It should be a good wave.. I still dont see how you can get three days PPT though.. Since I intended to do that and cant <grin>...

Anyway on with the game!

Black Widow
Mietlan
Fledgling Forumer

Black Widow wrote:It should be a good wave...

Indeed :)
danuboy
Forum Irregular

Black Widow wrote:I still dont see how you can get three days PPT though..

One 48h PPT you buy it on the market with in game resources and one 24h PPT that the SS gives you(only if you don`t chose naq or UUs)
galnematias11
Forum Newbie

The free tips is wrong :p
The most selfish thing is to be your own commander, + unchecking accept new officers.
Just bought SS, most for the extra UP and the PPT.
Black Widow
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dark Twilight
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 47905

One 48h PPT you buy it on the market with in game resources and one 24h PPT that the SS gives you(only if you don`t chose naq or UUs)[/quote]

Oh I see.. Cool! I will probably have to do that with life constraints..

Thanks

Black Widow
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Black Widow wrote:One 48h PPT you buy it on the market with in game resources and one 24h PPT that the SS gives you(only if you don`t chose naq or UUs)

Oh I see.. Cool! I will probably have to do that with life constraints..

Thanks

Black Widow[/quote]

K i'am just checking, but i think that you need to have paid or have someone paid for SS for you to get the 1 SS weekly choice. and otherwise you get 1 MT at a time. I still would like to increase the value of the shipments. Something like Choa private market, where the max you can do is 10x and you can do any % in between.
floophead_III
Forum Expert

I'd just like someone to donate $50 to me so I can get USS =P

But seriously, if MTs are going to be so limited, I do agree with High Empty's suggestion.
Never underestimate the stupidity of your enemies.

12agnar0k
Forum Addict

galnematias11 wrote:The free tips is wrong :p
The most selfish thing is to be your own commander, + unchecking accept new officers.
Just bought SS, most for the extra UP and the PPT.

no its not , mathematically speakign it is the best option.

Self Commander
20% u.p , 0% income
No Commander
10% u.p , 50% income
A commander - not yourself
0% u.p , a share of there income bracket (10-30% of there total incoem shared...)

so please before you make your self seem silly, do the math on the free tip jason gave you, thansk jason, lovely tip .
resurected
Forum Newbie

Thank you admin! I belive you have fixed all the issues now! As long as there is some way for players to be equal to payers (lol i like that pun) then the game will proceed fairly. Thanks!

Oh yeah and last post i was under 18, but now i AM 18! so i can pay for game! (after payng for bills, etc) lol.

Return to “Quantum Archives”