Era - 7 - Selfish Worlds

Records of the Eras that came before
diobella
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Neimenljivi, it makes no sense to remove the 24 hour PPT for those that have already paid for SS when others can purchase it outright. I'd much rather be able to go on PPT for 24 hours based on my previous donation rather than fork out the $ to do it or go without. This is only 24 hours once per week. Not 4 days per week as allowed in previous waves whether through the market or purchased outright. This will reduce the number of players on PPT, not increase it.

The new system isn't perfect, I agree. But there has to be some bonus for those that have paid for SS in previous waves as detailed in the donation rules. Personally, I'd like to see a wave with no PPT whatsoever - that would be a game!

As for cross-server trades, I don't think they should be allowed either. Those that are working, not in an alliance, don't spend all of their day "making friends" on the internet or do not play main are at a disadvantage due to cross trades. Yes, it is a "free to play" game but one that requires time and money to maintain. My former bf wanted to donate to this cause not for the bonus but in recognition of the expense in man hours and financially. However the reality is that few people will "donate" to the cause without receiving something in return. What this "return" should be to keep the game equitable I don't know. Unfortunately life is not fair, and those with the most resources generally surpass those with less. Being a "less" I understand the frustration, but I believe this is better than having an overwhelming percentage of active players on PPT for most of the game.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

diobella wrote:Neimenljivi, it makes no sense to remove the 24 hour PPT for those that have already paid for SS when others can purchase it outright. I'd much rather be able to go on PPT for 24 hours based on my previous donation rather than fork out the $ to do it or go without. This is only 24 hours once per week. Not 4 days per week as allowed in previous waves whether through the market or purchased outright. This will reduce the number of players on PPT, not increase it.

Maybe yes...

diobella wrote:The new system isn't perfect, I agree. But there has to be some bonus for those that have paid for SS in previous waves as detailed in the donation rules. Personally, I'd like to see a wave with no PPT whatsoever - that would be a game!

PPT isnt a piece of crap! It gives us time to care on MORE important things=life...no PPT=less time, either you leave, either you live for SGW/QW!!!

As for cross-server trades, I don't think they should be allowed either. Those that are working, not in an alliance, don't spend all of their day "making friends" on the internet or do not play main are at a disadvantage due to cross trades.

Why not? The time they loose on they get it back via PPT and those who dont know anyone are playing and using their rl time during it.

Yes, it is a "free to play" game but one that requires time and money to maintain. My former bf wanted to donate to this cause not for the bonus but in recognition of the expense in man hours and financially. However the reality is that few people will "donate" to the cause without receiving something in return. What this "return" should be to keep the game equitable I don't know.

Indeed they need help, but just allow systems to people less than 18 (not even rich/poor thing) to have a go, maybe a bit less advantage than $$, like last wave was.

Unfortunately life is not fair, and those with the most resources generally surpass those with less. Being a "less" I understand the frustration, but I believe this is better than having an overwhelming percentage of active players on PPT for most of the game.

But life IS NOT QGW!!! It needs money help btw, but will end as a "adult/rich" only game!
Indeed PPTers are annoying, BUT I was one, so I understand them FULLY.

Quantum is nomore fun for less than 18, that's all (I mean pleasure of ending in top without taking lots of time playing with less excitement than before as perso farm fests will nomore be same, omg markets prices introduced!).

I know what I say, my ID is 319: played since wave 1 and feeling this one is WORST by FAR!!!!
diobella
Forum Grunt

It sounds as if people want the bonus best fitting his or her means, whether it is cross-server trading, the ability to transfer turn/units/naq/mercs, or PPT through either the market or via credit card/paypal. Don't put words in my mouth, Apophis. I did not say that PPT is a piece of crap.

You show me ONE game that is fair, whether in sports or online. There is always a bigger, stronger opponent in one way or another. Yes, I used PPT too, but for a "fair" game it would be nice to do without it for a wave. We all have lives. The conscious decision to play this game means that you should be willing to take a risk instead of hiding behind the fairy dust of PPT all the time. Will I miss it? You bet! But now those that previously could not attack me to increase their power will be able to do so, just as I can now attack formerly off-limit resources.

Very rare is a war that allows "time outs." If life is so full then the vacation mode is available as is building a sufficient defense or quitting the game. I stick to my assertion that a wave with no PPT would be the most fair and interesting wave of all.

In addition, I too have played since wave one. Check the stats. The only reason that my ID is higher than yours is because I deleted my original account then decided to pick up the game again.

I think that you feel this will be the worst wave ever because you lack confidence in your ability to play. If you've been around for so long, you should be able to hold your own without hiding behind the veil of protection.
Last edited by diobella on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cole
Forum History

Sorry for the ppt words I brought from nowhere..

Dont forget PPT was not whole week, so PPTers had also possibily to come off and forget to login to bank, then...hehe...amounts you CANT see without PPTs (without huge defenses)!!!
The thing that annoys me the most is NOT EVEN PPT minimizing, but ability to transfer...I will NO MORE have the PLEASURE to mass farm at 30min turn (turn changing when naq comes hehe :twisted: ), why? I would need to wait to have those AT, then even with mass farm, it will only get my back on medium current level. Market? OMG rates are coming soon! :lol:

So with main having less naq to farm with AT mass-coming, I thought using my free time to farm alot in Q, with cross server trades to farm and get alot of naq, using PPT sometimes when I have long day.

All of that is nomore, so I go back to Chaos farming.
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

The ppt is fine, it's too bad the UU trades had to go, and also the numbers of trades wish that could be higher. 5* come on forum you can do it.

no cross server is ok

@ the FSS well, it's a small bonus for people with SS means they can get 3 days of ppt a week if they want, or can get 1/2 a UP in uu. NOthing that's going to end the wave.
diobella
Forum Grunt

I agree that massing will no longer be a readily available option, but it will also cause us to choose our targets wisely. I say give it a shot, Apophis. Change always comes with gripes and bumps, but it is much better than remaining stagnate.
Cole
Forum History

Now I'm blocked anyway no farms to get naq lol so much fails on me for farming but I cant aswell take amounts :lol: ...well I'll work on UP to try to end in top 100 (99th place counted) :lol:
floophead_III
Forum Expert

you don't have to farm alot to be really good. Most of last wave I didn't mass farm and look where I ended up. Selective farming is just as good, if you know what you're doing.
Never underestimate the stupidity of your enemies.

Brendone
Forum Newbie

Question, how is anything ever going to become available on the market? The only thing you can trade for on the market are other resouces, but all the resources on the market are presently set to 0, so unless some people trade something for nothing, which even now doesn't seem available, the market will be permamently stagnant.
High Empty
Forum Addict

Tibit wrote:Question, how is anything ever going to become available on the market? The only thing you can trade for on the market are other resouces, but all the resources on the market are presently set to 0, so unless some people trade something for nothing, which even now doesn't seem available, the market will be permamently stagnant.

It works like this, people trade there turns for PPT, or there naq for PPT,

Then the market starts a rocking.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

high empty wrote:
Tibit wrote:Question, how is anything ever going to become available on the market? The only thing you can trade for on the market are other resouces, but all the resources on the market are presently set to 0, so unless some people trade something for nothing, which even now doesn't seem available, the market will be permamently stagnant.

Thing is empty, people no longer trade naq/AT for ppt....
High Empty
Forum Addict

12agnar0k wrote:
high empty wrote:

Thing is empty, people no longer trade naq/AT for ppt....

hmm ok well in that case, it needs to be looked into. Still i want the UU back.

And people if you think about this, then there will be no ppt for anyone, but members with FSS, and it's only 24 hour for them, so lots of attacking, but not any turns. and you should look into getting multi of 10 or more, this wave.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

there will be hardly anyone on ppt at all this wave, and with so few turns .. this means selective farming will be aroudn even for peopel with low strikes. just need all them ultis to do us a faovur and log in once a week unload there turns onto the market ;)
floophead_III
Forum Expert

and with the naq they get leave it in the open and I'll take it with their turns I just bought off the market =]
Never underestimate the stupidity of your enemies.

12agnar0k
Forum Addict

floophead_III wrote:and with the naq they get leave it in the open and I'll take it with their turns I just bought off the market =]

same ;)

Return to “Quantum Archives”