Era - 7 - Selfish Worlds

Records of the Eras that came before
Reeb
Forum Regular
ID: 0

I have a question:

So how is the market going to get any goods if there's nobody donating for market SS / PPT? Is it just going to sit there at 0 / 0 all wave?
Started playing at 13:46:04 14th January 2006.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

diobella wrote:Neimenljivi, it makes no sense to remove the 24 hour PPT for those that have already paid for SS when others can purchase it outright. I'd much rather be able to go on PPT for 24 hours based on my previous donation rather than fork out the $ to do it or go without. This is only 24 hours once per week. Not 4 days per week as allowed in previous waves whether through the market or purchased outright. This will reduce the number of players on PPT, not increase it.

That is why I suggested that there shouldn't be any possibility to buy PPT (ok when u buy FSS, USS, it can be but those with it couldn't buy PPT on market)...It would be much better, a bit fairer, those with FSS, USS would still have ability to get UU/naq bonus so they would have an advantage but u wouldn't see a guy 2 days in a role on PPT (if he buys 1 PPT on Sunday and next PPT in Monday, game time)...
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
resurected
Forum Newbie

obviously most of the posters on this forum will be the dedicated, lots of free time people out there who may play this game many hours a day, adn that why they all went well last round. It also would therfore seem to be the case that most of the people on this forum would be able to pay the 10 or 20 or whaterver US dollars, well I will speak for everyone who desent have a voice on the forums and hasent paid money when I say that giving a winning advantage to those who are able to spend money over the internet (ie, anyone over 18, or kids with rich parents), is not the way to make a ballaanced game.

Question for admin: How many people in the top 10, and top 100 rank had paid money which increaded their chances of sucess? Question 2: How many active players this round have $$ SS?

No doubt this wave $$ paying people will have more advantage than last, as they are the only people who will get the bonus. Well im sure those people will be happy, and you (admin) may just squeeze a few more bucks out of the weaker spirited players when they realise their ppt is gone, but I am thoroughly convinced now that admin's desire for $$$ has ruined a once great game.
danuboy
Forum Irregular

Re: new Era - 7 - Selfish Worlds

Forum wrote:There are a few other smaller changes, but those will be left for discovery.

Found one :-D . When you bank money it will now take 5% of your naq.
"Deposit successful. You deposited 137,681 at the cost of 137,681", but it still said "(5% of deposit taken as a transaction cost)" :? I guess they forgot to remove it.
Reeb
Forum Regular

danuboy wrote:
Forum wrote:There are a few other smaller changes, but those will be left for discovery.

"Deposit successful. You deposited 137,681 at the cost of 137,681", but it still said "(5% of deposit taken as a transaction cost)" :? I guess they forgot to remove it.

I thought it's always been that way for Goauld? I'm pretty sure it still costs 5% for the others.
Started playing at 13:46:04 14th January 2006.
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

danuboy wrote:

if your goauld , then your just a noob :P...

and to the peopel who wine aobut peopel paying gaining an advantage, well yea we wouldnt pay for thsi game otherwise, lol, forumn is happy to accept this unblance cos its the only way hes sees a financial return on his time and effort and money spent on the game

love ya forumn, gr8 wave.
danuboy
Forum Irregular

12agnar0k wrote:
danuboy wrote:

if your goauld , then your just a noob :P...

oops :oops: First time when I play with Goa`uld
diobella
Forum Grunt

I'm sick of hearing that the changes are: a) an effort to make admin rich or b) a predetermination that those with $$ will shut out those without and/or those under 18.

First of all, anyone willing to shell out $10-$50 per week for this game is only getting a maximum of 3 days protection and whatever other bonus that comes with the donation. In today's economy I doubt that many people can do that on a regular basis regardless of his or her age. Not to mention that those who do will become the most sought after "targets" when the protection ends as they will have the most resources.

Secondly, any player who has ever purchased SS can utilize a 24 hour protection once per week, gratis. Those of you that are griping about the loss of cross-server deals must have SS or you would not have been able to transfer goods. For those under 18 without SS - do it like the rest of us - by working. Surely you have an allowance, an after-school job, or can wash a few cars. Few pleasures in life are free, and if you're old enough to play this game you're old enough to understand that simple fact.

I don't like it either. Why? Because there's no way I can afford to donate and haven't for many waves. But even without I have 33% of the protection bonus that those who pay have without having to give up any naq or attack turns to the market. Not a bad deal, in my opinion.

Lastly, the market. I can understand how not having SS available on the market raises the concern that turns will not be available now. However, I would also think that "the powers that be" can make some available to account for the deficit. It's far too early to know what "surprises" are in store, but what fun is complacency? Give it a chance and see what happens.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Well the fact isn't the mini PPT by SS but UP boost...
For cross trades I had market SS on Q and "Normal" SS on main...
LoL under 18 havent that much money and usually not dedicated to be spent a free online game.
diobella
Forum Grunt

Neither do the rest of us, Apophis :( I really don't think you'll see nearly as many people on ppt as in previous waves. You think you're broke now, but wait til a mortgage, credit debt, and fuel costs hit you. I think more adults are in the same boat as you than you realize. I bet you'll do just fine this wave, though :).
Last edited by diobella on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Yea I realize...but I know there are people when fuel, electricity, food and appartement costs are paid invest most that is still here in this game, then get a huge bump!
When Hollywood will play QW, lvl 24 will be around first month!! :lol: :lol: :-D
Dr Alek
Forum Grunt

Well if you have credit card and spare money you can have 2,5k units in 24 hours. The rest of mortal beings will have 3-600 depending on tactics. This is gonna be one hell of a wave, only that name is wrong. Instead of 'Selfish Worlds' it should be '$$=Top 10'. But as I could see multiple ss for one player bug will be corrected and everithing some of the people gained will be removed, so at the end of the day this wave could be righteos to all of us.
diobella
Forum Grunt

Dr Alek wrote:Well if you have credit card and spare money you can have 2,5k units in 24 hours. The rest of mortal beings will have 3-600 depending on tactics. This is gonna be one hell of a wave, only that name is wrong. Instead of 'Selfish Worlds' it should be '$$=Top 10'. But as I could see multiple ss for one player bug will be corrected and everithing some of the people gained will be removed, so at the end of the day this wave could be righteos to all of us.

True, making the name "Selfish Wars" incongruous: donating for selfish reasons. I'm hoping that some of this waves "unknowns" will compensate for this disparity.
danuboy
Forum Irregular

Only thing that I don`t like at this wave is that we can`t trade resources on the in game market without $$ SS. It`s really annoying :x
Black Widow
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dark Twilight
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 47905

You cant get 3 days PPT actually. Only 2 since if you buy SS it actually counts as the one boost bonus you get for having Full SS.

Just so you know

Black Widow

Return to “Quantum Archives”