Era 9 - 1-WAY POSITIVE FEEDBACK LOOP WORLDS

Records of the Eras that came before
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

hmm i had a better idea forum

instead of adding another market turn, make it so that you can do from size 1 to 15. That way no one can cross trade and more turns are out there for scar.

It's it nice scar i'am being so thoughtful :-D
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok. a few answers :)
1) high empty - yup...i sensed you were fading, so did this on purpose to get you ;)
2) update of actions on weap/unit buys - fixed. I guess I forgot to keep the recalculate on buy so I put that back.
3) alliances - updated 3x/day or on member add/remove.
4) UP - shows 'raw' data before the training from UP. Your 'net' units/turn are rawUP-( PTRA/48 )
5) if UP is not updated after a specific action, change your DEFCON/Realm Alert to update it. Then report which action you did that did not update UP here so I can ensure I fix that to update immediately.
6) market - i am not sold on increasing market rate. the 2 ideas are: 2x/week and >5 / transaction max... thoughts?
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

more than 5 in a transaction would mainly help the higher ranked people, who can get access to larger amounts of resources earlier, therefore benefit from the larger max transactions. (at least for the first couple of weeks)

More market turns per week would help everyone, so I'd say thats the way to go.. xD

and btw, when will the market open?
floophead_III
Forum Expert
ID: 0

If you're not higher ranked and can't afford a 15x multiple, who's fault is that?

Instate the > 5x trade (I think 15x max is perfect actually) I suggest making sure that the market doesn't start to run out of anything though, might need more resources on there to keep the market from running dry.
Never underestimate the stupidity of your enemies.

High Empty
Forum Addict

floophead_III wrote:If you're not higher ranked and can't afford a 15x multiple, who's fault is that?

Instate the > 5x trade (I think 15x max is perfect actually) I suggest making sure that the market doesn't start to run out of anything though, might need more resources on there to keep the market from running dry.

shouldn't need more resources, and i say should'nt

I"am against the more market turns, as they are ways to exploit that, and as far as i know there it's difficult to exploit just a larger MT.

To the big players comment, i'am having a damn hard time of trying to figure out how to make the naq for the frist 5 trade, however it's just the frist week, and with there not being a set number of turns you can get, i'am leaning towards going with large single turn.

Naq for miner trades mabye. Don't know if this exploitable shouldn't be, but if we could do a combination of say converting naq into both miner and turns, that might be interesting, but then again what do i know.

I'am the one that's breaks' the system, 12ags is the one that just overuses it. and someone else exploits the system

As the same goes nothing perfect.

And yea yea i'am interested, that and well seeing old building is great for about hmm 4-5 hours a day, and eating good for another 3, and picking ups, good for 3-4, that still leaves me 6 hours a day to farm. So i'll be here.

Hmm should add i work, it's in there somewhere, hmm i think i better email my boss again to make sure i'am going to make my deadline. :-D
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

One bug:
When u buy some weps and train some supers or buy spy levels/anti-covert levels and train more spies ur def/attack/covert/anticovert action does not increase/deacrease right away...

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
necronlord
Forum Newbie

the raiding]

I think since that you are able to raid that the training percentage should be changed from auto 2% to atleast Auto 5%-!0% givve those who wait for turns atleast a fighting chance to keep all their trained.
High Empty
Forum Addict

Re: the raiding]

necronlord wrote:I think since that you are able to raid that the training percentage should be changed from auto 2% to atleast Auto 5%-!0% givve those who wait for turns atleast a fighting chance to keep all their trained.

i'd me lean more towards changing the raid rate from 1-3 to 5-7, since we do have a limited numbers of turns, and the last time that there was raiding in Q, was when we had unlimited turns. So....

think that might help

as for changing the growth %, 2 might be a bit high, as i'am looking down the line when i have 100k miners, and i get another 2k a day just by having them, and further i get 20k a day. Your SO cruel you SOB. so so cruel :-D
floophead_III
Forum Expert
ID: 0

i agree, raid % should be closer to 5 or even 10%. Right now it will cost many many hundreds of turns to raid very little units. Late game I would expect almost everybody to be autotraining near 100% of their UP. I would be surprised to see anyone with less than 50%. With UPs at around 20-30k easily, that makes the trade 50 * 15 = 750 turns to get 100% of say 10-15k miners (not even counting the fact that it's dimishing returns and exponentially sucks more as you continue raiding). Something tells me nobody will want to do that, even for as much as 20-30k, because 750 turns towards miners on the market is probably vastly superior.

That was some good rambling there, but pretty much 2% isn't going to cut it, raise to 5% at least with such a limited turn quantity.
Never underestimate the stupidity of your enemies.

the3rdlibra

Forum wrote:2) update of actions on weap/unit buys - fixed. I guess I forgot to keep the recalculate on buy so I put that back.

You might want also to check update on bought weapon once new unit spawns into attack/defence mode.

One weapon spare, unmanned. Await unit to be spawned into defence. Unit spawned, weapon now manned, defence value remains same.

EDIT: Next step, attack someone, defence now updated. Pffff.

no rank update until weapon is used? lol, i get the feedback loop aspect of this but i'm thinking it's not very positive :D

Please forum, get these work shy spawned units to do their bloody job as soon as they are born, not wait around like loafers until i command them to take up arms?

Gave me a chuckle anyhow :D

Forum wrote:just wait for 'old school' era :)
nothing but a few weaps, 3 unit types, and ... well - thats about all there was in the old school :)

3 unit types? I remember only two!

Right, that's it, i'm offski. This silly forum slows my computer down to a crawl. Good day and Greetings to all who know me, i'm very well for those concerned. Busy busy with a new job. And of course Quantum.

Well done J, you've done it again, i didn't care much for bizarro worlds, but if you just tweek these few little niggles, you'll have a great wave on your hands once again. Spawnable unit types. Brilliant. Should have been done a long long time ago.

-Ste
Geoff
Forum Grunt

Yep nice work on the wave Jason :D

I agree with High Empty and Floop on increasing the raid rate, should make things interesting!
I remember someone had a suggestion in main to change Market Turns to a set number of multiples per week (ie instead of havin 1 MT with up to 5 multiples, have 5 multiples that don't have to be used all at once, or however many is needed). Might be worth tryin, though if it is possible to exploit no doubt someone will figure out how to.

Also i noticed when spyin, it shows unit numbers to 4 decimal places :?

I'd guess that the Ememy Polorized Shield and the 3*24 hr PPT also uses up your Supporter Bonus (as well as the 3*24 hr PPT costing naq)?

necronlord wrote:I think since that you are able to raid that the training percentage should be changed from auto 2% to atleast Auto 5%-!0% givve those who wait for turns atleast a fighting chance to keep all their trained.

Not sure that i'm quite reading you write, but the 2% that i think your referring to is what's "bred into each class" and has nothin to do with training rates, it's possible to auto train 100% of your base UP.

the3rdlibra wrote:
Forum wrote:just wait for 'old school' era :)
nothing but a few weaps, 3 unit types, and ... well - thats about all there was in the old school :)

3 unit types? I remember only two!

basic attackers, defenders, and spy's :)
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

hmm...yup. this is not updated. would mean an update for each player, each turn...doable, but best avoided for speed reasons...at least the way its structured now...
it does update, though:
*on turnchange if you go to base page after turnchange.
*when you login
*if you are attacked
*if you do anything else that changes your actions....
*3 x / day no matter what.
for now, will have do to :)
the3rdlibra wrote:
Forum wrote:2) update of actions on weap/unit buys - fixed. I guess I forgot to keep the recalculate on buy so I put that back.

You might want also to check update on bought weapon once new unit spawns into attack/defence mode.

One weapon spare, unmanned. Await unit to be spawned into defence. Unit spawned, weapon now manned, defence value remains same.

3x / day it is updated. the units, though, are 'real time' --it is just the manning of units to weapons or action calculations that are 'triggered' or 3x/day.
the3rdlibra wrote:no rank update until weapon is used? lol, i get the feedback loop aspect of this but i'm thinking it's not very positive
Please forum, get these work shy spawned units to do their bloody job as soon as they are born, not wait around like loafers until i command them to take up arms?
Gave me a chuckle anyhow :D

thank you and very nice to see you around! :)
the3rdlibra wrote:
Well done J, you've done it again, i didn't care much for bizarro worlds, but if you just tweek these few little niggles, you'll have a great wave on your hands once again. Spawnable unit types. Brilliant. Should have been done a long long time ago.

-Ste
the3rdlibra

Geoff wrote:basic attackers, defenders, and spy's :)

Yeah lol, i had to think about but... there were spies when first launched, but they could not sabotage weapons *chuckles*

Loving it Jason, as always. Just slightly more forwards facing than have been in the past lol. So, that's ok about the spawned units, i forgot about the server lag it would cause all these allocation checks. Basic log in/out will update? Must give that a try, or simply point towards the armoury and shout, "attack pattern delta, go now" ....oppps, wrong sci-fi. *chuffs off humming britney spears*

EDIT: Just thought, interesting work-around lol.. "Units are born into their roles but must first grow a little into their job, afterall, children with targetted gate weapons is politically uncorrect even for a Goa'uld i should think...
Anub'arak

I just ran across a fairly major bug with the 3-day PPT... Since the price is based on your 1-day income amount, switching yourself to "Critical" artificially lowers your income, and hence drastically lowers the price for the 3-day PPT. Not that I mind the 70% discount, but, well, you know.
-D
Saintdeath
Fledgling Forumer

This may have already been mentioned and it may not be a bug, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

When one upgrades UP for 2 levels it costs double THE CURRENT level. Example: To upgrade from 210 to 220, it costs 1,060,000. If I upgrade 2 times, I get 230 UP and it costs me 2,120,000 instead of 2,170,000 and the next level costs 1,160,000.

(I hope this made some sense...)

Return to “Quantum Archives”